Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What can we do to get Asante Samuels?

Default What can we do to get Asante Samuels?

So since Namndi went to Philly, I have heard, and I don't know if this is a rumor but they might be willing to give up Asante for the right price. I think we have a decent run defense, but our passing D could use a bit more experience.

What do you guys think about him?
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    So since Namndi went to Philly, I have heard, and I don't know if this is a rumor but they might be willing to give up Asante for the right price. I think we have a decent run defense, but our passing D could use a bit more experience.

What do you guys think about him?
    I am gonna answer without doing my research. But since he came from NE to the Eagles and got that huge contract I can't remember him being as stellar as I thought he would be.

My biggest concern would be taking carr out of his starting position after 3 years and how that might stint his growth. Him and Flowers have played great together.

I don't think this a Pioli move at all. Especially since drafting 2 corners over the past two seasons. If we were interested in CB in FA I think we would have heard us interested in Nate Clements... Just speculation.

I'm happy with Carr and Flowers. Going after Asante isn't worth it.

Agreed!

I like the Carr and Flowers Tandem, I honestly think halfway through this season and into next (giving Lewis and Berry a little more time to grow) you could argue that the chiefs will have one of the top starting secondaries in the league.

Now our nickle package could possible use an upgrade, and McGraw could be replaced in my opinion, but our " base starting" group will be as good as any in the league I believe (Think its one of the strongest position groups on our team.)

We don't need Asante, and actually I have heard that he wants to stay in Philly (wherever he needs to fill in) because he is thinking they've got a shot to win a championship this season. Kinda wants a free ride to a ring.

I wouldn't be mad if we made a move for him because it would only improve our secondary, but I don't know if we should punch him into a starting role, and don't think we necessarily need him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    Agreed!

I like the Carr and Flowers Tandem, I honestly think halfway through this season and into next (giving Lewis and Berry a little more time to grow) you could argue that the chiefs will have one of the top starting secondaries in the league.

Now our nickle package could possible use an upgrade, and McGraw could be replaced in my opinion, but our " base starting" group will be as good as any in the league I believe (Think its one of the strongest position groups on our team.)

We don't need Asante, and actually I have heard that he wants to stay in Philly (wherever he needs to fill in) because he is thinking they've got a shot to win a championship this season. Kinda wants a free ride to a ring.

I wouldn't be mad if we made a move for him because it would only improve our secondary, but I don't know if we should punch him into a starting role, and don't think we necessarily need him.
    My thoughts are pretty much the same as these. Signing Samuels would make are defense a little better, no doubt, but I don't think the improvement would be big enough to justify the very high cost of getting him. I'd rather see that money go to areas where we have greater needs.

Although Carr did improve over the last half of the 2010 season, I still think he is a liability. Anyone that gives up 12 catches to Jabar Gaffney is not in the same league as Asante Samuel.

That being said, I think there is zero chance that we give up early draft picks to get him. I am sure that Philly is going to want at least a 3rd rd'er for him and likely a 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Although Carr did improve over the last half of the 2010 season, I still think he is a liability. Anyone that gives up 12 catches to Jabar Gaffney is not in the same league as Asante Samuel.
    This is why I want Samuel. Carr is a good backup, but I don't think he is a good starter. Way to many missed/poor tackles..
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

There are a lot of Chiefs fans in love with Brandon Carr, I am not one them. Hopefully he continues to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefs fanatic View Post
    I'm happy with Carr and Flowers. Going after Asante isn't worth it.
    rite on! our 2ndary is fine.

Our LB core is awful. Johnson is our best LB and he is medocre at best IMO.

oh ya Tamba is considered LB but i consider him purely pass rush. we need some hardcore coverage/run stopping LBs

I think vwe are fine without Samuel but Carr does need to keep improving

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast