Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Positive Karma Thread

Default Positive Karma Thread

All of us have our wishes and desires....Let's spread some good karma to the Chiefs and say something positive.

Great job hiring Pioli and Haley. We are off to a great start with proven winners taking the helm.

These guy have a way with pulling a team together and making players play better.

Good trades, FA signings and a good draft are ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post

I am with you there - "A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush".
    Who is to say that next year we could have got Shanny, Gruden, Chower or anyother or the "top" HC to come to KC, they might not want to come unless they had total control and we would have to dump Pioli also to get them much less not want to come to the boonies in KC? If we were just going to try to tread water for a year they should have just keep HE.
    Here's a fun game. How many SB coaches have ever done well at their post-SB destination?

Here's another fun game. How many 60+ year old coaches do well in today's NFL?

Here's a final fun game. Let's count the number of times Cowher, Shanahan, and Gruden choked away a season on their old teams.

These people pining for guys like Gruden, Cowher, and Shanahan are delusional.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    Here's a fun game. How many SB coaches have ever done well at their post-SB destination?

Here's a final fun game. Let's count the number of times Cowher, Shanahan, and Gruden choked away a season on their old teams.

I go along with you all the old SB HC that are available did not come into the league as a proven HC that had won a SB they were coordinators at one time. I would rather catch the next young fire in a bottle than have an old flickering flame in a bottle and you can not do that without taking a chance.
    Only time will tell if we have that flame or not but I am happy with the hire.

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post

For kicks....I will try to answer in some worth while degree.

First answer: Cannot tell. There are not any HC's older than 60.

Second: Cowhers teams choked, I suppose, or was it bad decisions by the players? I know that Cowher did not throw those stupid picks in the flat during the SB...it was Chris...I mean Neil O'Donnel! LMAO! His accomplishments AND lack there of were also very dependent on the "superstars". He relied on over achievers and that got him to a few AFC champ games and 1-1 at the SB.

Gruden: Didn't Rich Gannon throw a high number of pics in the SB?? Didn't Gruden take the Bucs to a SB and win with Brad Johnson? Not too bad, I suppose.

Shannahan: 2 SB's in 2 appearances...Pretty darn good but admittingly, in other seasons after the SB's, he could not get it done.

In a final note, as far as folks getting to goo-goo over these guys as candidates, I think you are right to a degree. They did have to pay some dues to get what they got and sometimes it was not pretty. I really don;t think they would be leaps and bounds better than the Haley hire but the experience "MAY" have made a difference.

Just my spin on it!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234