Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Alex Smith...

Default Alex Smith...

May well be on the chopping block this off season.

...Worth a trade??? If so, who/what???

I wrote something more extensive about this on my blog, but in short:

Smith is a game manager, but he isn't Cassel. He deserves a chance at a starter position somewhere, and Andy Reid thinks he's perfect for the job. But, we need to draft someone AFTER the 1st round to fight him for the job. I think some of the draft's QBs are watching their stock plummet unfairly, so we should be able to pick up a talented youngster and tell the two guys to fight it out.

It's going to be a damn long wait for April 25th. I'm going to try and stop harping on this for a while and stop thinking about football.

Release Quinn pos.. keep cassell tanney and get FA qb or 2nd rd pick qb or trade back to first rd and get qb.

Quinn and Stanzi need to start their next career. As Walmart greeters.

......I'd be okay with it if it was a 5th rounder, but if we pick him up, doesn't he get like a $8.5 million pay? Alex smith is not that great. Just like cassel, you stop the run and make him beat you with his arm, he becomes a terrible QB. It is very easy to get a nice QBR when you are throwing check downs and passes for 2 yards.

Stop comparing alex smith to cassel. Alex is way better the cassel and has better stats. Alex has better stats even with more cordinaters. He was on his way to the pro bowl before he got hurt this year. And he should have went to the superbowl last year if it wasnt for their 2 special teams fumbles. I take smith over cassel anyday. Alex is capable of getting us to a superbowl. He was the reason 49ers won the last few years. Alex smith may not be elite but no way is he cassel2.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Guru View Post
    It's going to be a damn long wait for April 25th. I'm going to try and stop harping on this for a while and stop thinking about football.
    It'll be here before ya know it buddy and all the speculation will be put to rest.

Please stop the talking of keeping cassel. Its giving me a headache and would ruin all my hopes.

For the sake of comparing alex smith to cassel. I would say smith is a cassel 3.5 almost a 4.0

I understand and lend credence to the argument for Geno Smith, but I also think there is something to be said for Alex Smith now that I know a little more about him from posts that I've read right here on the "Crowd". It isn't like he's not a starter in this league, or as if he's on the back half of his career or that the Chiefs couldn't afford him. If we're going gamble on a QB I'd actually rather take a chance with one who has proven that he can play in the NFL. Just my two cents.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast