Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Positives

Default Positives

That hurt, but there are areas that are improving. I thought our QB play and OL play were improving. Not great, but flashes of good things to come. LJ looked good as did the entire running game. Still not enough pressure on the QB, but good coverage in the secondary and we kept them from running at all. We converted 3rd downs, that's huge. We didn't give up 3rd and long all day (although when we did it was a crusher). I think we did find the QB of the future for us. Wade looked good at points too, that's a help. Not the answer for a kick returner, but good check down or primary choice for Cassel. So, a loss is a loss, but we moved the ball, stopped them all day, hopefully the ship is in the right direction. With that being said, I'm going to pour another glass of Jack and try to burn the rest of that game out of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post
    Lets work on redzone, and 2 min drills.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Lets work at removing the prevent defense out of the playbook.
    Tell you what, lets work on removing the stupid penalties from our game before we worry about either of these.

Redzone would not be important if we did not have guys flopping on top of an already downed quarterback.

Prevent defense would mean nothing if we did not have guys going offsides and performing illegal contact on defense on teh OPPOSITE side of the field from where the play was. Geez, that play was so out of the area the TV crew did not even have a replay of it.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Yeah but what if the freakin' coach doesn't perform. Is he out? I'm slightly pissed at Haley and co at the moment. So far his "my way or the hiway" or "you better protect my football" kinda attitude has us 0-2 at the bottom of the afc west. Some of these vets might not appreciate this sh!t coming from someone who has never played a down in the nfl. I mean, not a single win in pre-season or reg season. 0-6. Are we really THAT bad? Or am I just an a$$ for even posting this. If this pisses you off, then this Christmas headline will definetly piss you off:
    Bill Cowher named Chiefs head coach.
    I'm with you man, now I know why Waters and Gonzales were all fired up at the All-Star game.

This guy is starting to look more and more like an idiot. He is making some very dumb calls on offense and his constant swearing and screaming at players is not doing anything of any good.

Seriously, all the yelling, as I have posted before, is starting to make us a laughing stock if we weren't enough of one already. Yeah, I have it in for Haley because he is not showing us anything except that he can out scream any other head coach and that he is not Herm Edwards.

Actually, the performance of the team on the field is still very reminiscent of Herm Edwards, we are still losing games, our OLine still plays like crap, and our overall defensive play is still full of stupid penalties.

Of and by the way, penalties are a result of a head coach not preparing the team to play. So besides anything else we say, Haley is to blame for this loss.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I'm with you man, now I know why Waters and Gonzales were all fired up at the All-Star game.

This guy is starting to look more and more like an idiot. He is making some very dumb calls on offense and his constant swearing and screaming at players is not doing anything of any good.

Seriously, all the yelling, as I have posted before, is starting to make us a laughing stock if we weren't enough of one already. Yeah, I have it in for Haley because he is not showing us anything except that he can out scream any other head coach and that he is not Herm Edwards.

Actually, the performance of the team on the field is still very reminiscent of Herm Edwards, we are still losing games, our OLine still plays like crap, and our overall defensive play is still full of stupid penalties.

Of and by the way, penalties are a result of a head coach not preparing the team to play. So besides anything else we say, Haley is to blame for this loss.
    Yeah nothing pisses me off more than losing to the faders at home. I'm slightly irritated - rebuilding or not.
    SHUT IT

So to the Haley haters, did you really expect to go from winning 2 games last year to a playoff contender in the off season? Come on! You criticize a guy for having some passion on the sideline instead of sitting there like Herm with a dumbfounded look on his face. Reality check here people- The Chiefs won't have a winning record until at least 2011 or even 2012. Herm and Carl damaged this team on so many levels it isn't even funny. The one criticism I have of Pioli was letting Tony go. His absence is glaring this season. Defenses always had to account for him and it kept them honest. I don't think loosing Tony was worth the draft pick we got, but that's just my opinion. This team will get better, but it will take time.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    So to the Haley haters, did you really expect to go from winning 2 games last year to a playoff contender in the off season? Come on! You criticize a guy for having some passion on the sideline instead of sitting there like Herm with a dumbfounded look on his face. Reality check here people- The Chiefs won't have a winning record until at least 2011 or even 2012. Herm and Carl damaged this team on so many levels it isn't even funny. The one criticism I have of Pioli was letting Tony go. His absence is glaring this season. Defenses always had to account for him and it kept them honest. I don't think loosing Tony was worth the draft pick we got, but that's just my opinion. This team will get better, but it will take time.
    The only thing I expected out of this team was a win against the Raiders on our home opener. We didn't get that.

Will this team get better? Yeah, eventually they will, they have to, I think many hoped to have a Dolphins type bounceback, but you cannot have that type of bounceback from a complete shift change at the top of the organization.

Yep, Edwards and Peterson wrecked this team, clearly, they were idiots. I have every confidence that Pioli will be able to get good players in here, but Haley is a huge question mark as head coach. Some guys make it as head coach and some are better as a coordinator.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post

Haley can coach till he's blue in the face but at the end of the day it comes down to the players on the field making the plays. His screaming is a bit much at times but I'd probably get fired up too when someone made a stupid mistake after all the practice they've had to this point in the season.

I think some of you guys fail to realize that everyone on this team (coaches included) are still trying to learn what our players do best and implementing the plays which will work to their advantage. It won't happen overnight but it looks like they are starting to get some things figured out which keeps me optimistic that we could win 5-6 games this season. As long as I continue to see improvement over last season I still have hope.

Haleys hard nosed approach gets my nod of approval, especially after spending 3 yrs watching Herm stand on the sidelines showing absolutely no emotion whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by reded View Post
    I think some of you guys fail to realize that everyone on this team (coaches included) are still trying to learn what our players do best and implementing the plays which will work to their advantage.

It won't happen overnight but it looks like they are starting to get some things figured out which keeps me optimistic that we could win 5-6 games this season.
    Wait, wha? We are making decisions everyday on the players to keep and those to let go based on how they play on the field. It might take me a long time to figure this out, but I am not a football coach. If these guys still don't know what our players do well by now, then they are way worse than I thought.

Like many others have said, it's gonna take time. If you're expecting them to go from zero to hero in two weeks, you're gonna be in for a heckuva lot of disappointment this season.

Quote Originally Posted by reded View Post
    Like many others have said, it's gonna take time. If you're expecting them to go from zero to hero in two weeks, you're gonna be in for a heckuva lot of disappointment this season.
    Not expecting zero to hero. I was expecting, however, a win over the raiders at home...
    SHUT IT

Woulda been nice, but it is what it is.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast