Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Shanahan in contact with Chiefs

Default Shanahan in contact with Chiefs

I have never posted here, but i came into some really good news for our Chiefs and i had to share it.
    I doubt this is true, but i have it on really good sources that Mike Shanahan has been in contact with the Chiefs and is interested in becoming our new coach.
    My sister is a really good friend with Mike's daughter Krystal, and because of that, Krystal told my sister about her dad's plans. He has said he plans to take a year off from coaching unless a team or opportunity really interested him, and our team interested him.
    right now he is just in the beginning of talks with the team, but is intrigued because of the new stadium coming soon and the young talent on the team.

again this might be bogus, but it makes sense, and how great would it be to stick it to the donks twice a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Badass View Post
    I have never posted here, but i came into some really good news for our Chiefs and i had to share it.
    I doubt this is true, but i have it on really good sources that Mike Shanahan has been in contact with the Chiefs and is interested in becoming our new coach.
    My sister is a really good friend with Mike's daughter Krystal, and because of that, Krystal told my sister about her dad's plans. He has said he plans to take a year off from coaching unless a team or opportunity really interested him, and our team interested him.
    right now he is just in the beginning of talks with the team, but is intrigued because of the new stadium coming soon and the young talent on the team.

again this might be bogus, but it makes sense, and how great would it be to stick it to the donks twice a year?
    How funny would it be to see Shanahan strolling the sidelines in Red and White for the Chiefs. Hard to picture. Thanks for sharing the rumor though.

it makes perfect sense too. Mike loves to stick it to his former team, and i think he would jump at this opprtunity

Who is he contacting? Who is he talking to? As of right now, we have a head coach. We don't have a GM and our owner won't make head coaching decision without a GM and coincidentally likes the current HC.

I'm sorry, this just sounds bogus.

I will say this though. Shanahan doesn't get paid if he doesn't go out in search of new employment.

...Holding my enthusiasm, or perhaps lack thereof, untill I hear it in the news.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Who is he contacting? Who is he talking to? As of right now, we have a head coach. We don't have a GM and our owner won't make head coaching decision without a GM and coincidentally likes the current HC.

I'm sorry, this just sounds bogus.

I will say this though. Shanahan doesn't get paid if he doesn't go out in search of new employment.
    I'm inclined to agree; way too early to be talking a bout a Head Coach. JMHO

Seems to me Clark wants Herm to stay - or he'd be gone for the new gm to bring in his own staff...
    SHUT IT

i said it might be bogus. i know we still technically have a coach and it might not be true, but i have good sources and from what i hear Mike is in contact with our front office and is a strong possibility to be our coach if the money and terms are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Seems to me Clark wants Herm to stay - or he'd be gone for the new gm to bring in his own staff...

I think that will happen once we settle on a new GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Badass View Post
    i said it might be bogus. i know we still technically have a coach and it might not be true, but i have good sources and from what i hear Mike is in contact with our front office and is a strong possibility to be our coach if the money and terms are right.
    Not calling you a liar bud, just taking the news with a grain of salt. :)

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast