Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Shanahan in contact with Chiefs

Default Shanahan in contact with Chiefs

I have never posted here, but i came into some really good news for our Chiefs and i had to share it.
    I doubt this is true, but i have it on really good sources that Mike Shanahan has been in contact with the Chiefs and is interested in becoming our new coach.
    My sister is a really good friend with Mike's daughter Krystal, and because of that, Krystal told my sister about her dad's plans. He has said he plans to take a year off from coaching unless a team or opportunity really interested him, and our team interested him.
    right now he is just in the beginning of talks with the team, but is intrigued because of the new stadium coming soon and the young talent on the team.

again this might be bogus, but it makes sense, and how great would it be to stick it to the donks twice a year?

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Hey, maybe Hunt gives Herm GM duties if he can't find the right candidate or just goes Jerry Jones on us for a couple years and becomes the GM himself. (I highly doubt that though).

Herm Edwards WAS asked at his season wrap-up interview about becoming a GM and he said that could be in his future. He had a sly little smirk on his face when he said, "I've been trained by one of the best."

This little exchange has stuck in my head. Maybe its nothing, but for some reason, it's something I can't forget.
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by balto View Post
    Thanks for the post.

Anyways,

Maybe JUST Maybe Hunt is taking so much time to announce a new GM because he is trying to get ALL his eggs in a row?

Like he wants to announce about our new GM, HC, OC, and DC and so on all at once?

Also, the Rumor that came up earlier in the week (from the guy who use to be high up in the Chiefs) about Pioli being our new GM also talked about how Shanahan has contacted the Chiefs but he didn't know in detail what it was about.

SOOO maybe Clark Hunt is just doing everything and only wants to have 1 big press conference instead of having one every time something happens?

Would be sweet to get all these guys and hear about it at the same time hehe.
    That would be nice. I think all Chiefs fans want some closure.

I would agree to having shanahan as head coach. I think that Rex Ryan would also be a good candidate. He could fix our struggling defense while letting Chan Gailey do his thing on offense.

That would be the final nail in the Chiefs coffin. A lame duck coach with an ego the size of Kansas.... ur wait, we already have that. No, without an Elway, big Mike's nothing, and that's been proven. He didn't change with the game and that explains the last several donkey years. And he's no better, maybe worse at picking talent than what we have now. Hell, he thought all the Cleveland castoffs were the way to rebuild his defense. Can't cut it in f'ing Cleveland, but they can be super stars under him. No, he's no match for us. We've got no Elway on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    That would be the final nail in the Chiefs coffin. A lame duck coach with an ego the size of Kansas.... ur wait, we already have that. No, without an Elway, big Mike's nothing, and that's been proven. He didn't change with the game and that explains the last several donkey years. And he's no better, maybe worse at picking talent than what we have now. Hell, he thought all the Cleveland castoffs were the way to rebuild his defense. Can't cut it in f'ing Cleveland, but they can be super stars under him. No, he's no match for us. We've got no Elway on this team.
    I posted this elsewhere, but I think you're dismissing Shanahan's post-Elway years a bit. He was in the AFC Championship game with Jake Plummer as his QB. He went 91-69 (.569%) post-Elway. He groomed Jay Cutler into a very good QB and the Broncos have a good young offense. His defense was a mess, and he made mistakes as a GM, but his good outweighed his bad. The Broncos have a lot of good, young talent on the team right now, and they are in a better position than us, frankly, in a personnel capacity.

The Chiefs would be lucky to get him as HC, if we can get a good GM elsewhere. It would be nice to have a HC who would coach balls out in both the Raiders and Broncos games.

Quote Originally Posted by drstandley31 View Post
    Final nail in the coffin? Really? Shanahan has a winning record of .598 over 16 years, 2 Superbowl Championships, 13 playoff appearances(.615 winning percentage) and has had only 4 losing seasons out of 16. I would take him over Herm or any of the other possible Head Coaches right now. I think as a pure Head Coach, with the new GM, he'd be a great asset here.

Jamaal Charles. University of Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by greg3564 View Post
    Final nail in the coffin? Really? Shanahan has a winning record of .598 over 16 years, 2 Superbowl Championships, 13 playoff appearances(.615 winning percentage) and has had only 4 losing seasons out of 16. I would take him over Herm or any of the other possible Head Coaches right now. I think as a pure Head Coach, with the new GM, he'd be a great asset here.
    He hasn't done anything since Elway left. Period. He's made awful decisions in drafts and free agency. He had everything he wanted in Denver, all the control any coach ever could, and ran them into the ground. There are plenty of coaches that I'd take over him. He needs to take a year or two off and watch modern day football for a while. Coffin, yes, really!

Quote Originally Posted by jmlamerson View Post
    I posted this elsewhere, but I think you're dismissing Shanahan's post-Elway years a bit. He was in the AFC Championship game with Jake Plummer as his QB. He went 91-69 (.569%) post-Elway. He groomed Jay Cutler into a very good QB and the Broncos have a good young offense. His defense was a mess, and he made mistakes as a GM, but his good outweighed his bad. The Broncos have a lot of good, young talent on the team right now, and they are in a better position than us, frankly, in a personnel capacity.

The Chiefs would be lucky to get him as HC, if we can get a good GM elsewhere. It would be nice to have a HC who would coach balls out in both the Raiders and Broncos games.
    You're crazy. This is the guy who thought the same running scheme would work forever and couldn't figure out that everybody figured it out. Wasted draft picks and free agent money. missed the playoffs a few years ago because he couldn't beat a hapless San Fran team at home on the final day of the season. had a 3 game lead with 3 to go this year and he's watching from home today too. He's not much better than what we got now. 10 years ago, he was a good coach. Now he's just a lot of ego and little talent. We'll just have to disagree. And I'm tired of all his little BS tricks. Didn't pack the right uniforms so the the home team had to change. Started that Time out BS from the sidelines during field goal attempts. Just play the game and leave the stupid $hit at home. Makes the game look stupid.

Default better but not good enuf

first let me say hi! i'm a first timer here, lookin forward to readin yur take on things.
    shanahan is most certainly a step up from herm, but still not good enuf to lead us out of the mire we're in. my wife is a big jets fan so i watched herm in action alot w/the jets..he made bad decisions then and never got better. my hope is that we can lure cower over, unfortunately we had a better shot w/CP at gm, they go back a long way together.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefnut View Post
    first let me say hi! i'm a first timer here, lookin forward to readin yur take on things.
    shanahan is most certainly a step up from herm, but still not good enuf to lead us out of the mire we're in. my wife is a big jets fan so i watched herm in action alot w/the jets..he made bad decisions then and never got better. my hope is that we can lure cower over, unfortunately we had a better shot w/CP at gm, they go back a long way together.
    With CP as GM we have had a shot at anything for years! And Shanahan isn't much of a step up. His post Elway resume is pretty much the same as Herm's pre Chief's resume. They both blow and it's time for some new faces. If this year or next Cowher can be lured over, then great, but there's other good ones out there. Hell, I'd take Chan over Herm or Shanahan.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast