Thread: Bowe inspired by Werner!

Wrong place. Many people around here want him shipped out. Personally, I can't wait to say "I told you so :P".

Thanks Aussie!

Shipped out? I think many people around here would just like to see him hang onto the passes thrown at him.

Quote Originally Posted by josh1971 View Post
    Shipped out? I think many people around here would just like to see him hang onto the passes thrown at him.
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13518

Thanks Aussie!

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    Wrong place. Many people around here want him shipped out. Personally, I can't wait to say "I told you so :P".
    WHAT? Are you serious? WHO doesn't want Bowe to exceed his expectations? Shipped out... SHIPPED OUT? So who do we ship IN Genius? Isaac Bruce? You clearly have NO CLUE what you are talking about. I am sorry I got worked up over such a sad, sad post. If you want Bowe out, clearly you aren't a true fan. Plus your link was a reaction to him speaking too much. And that is water under the bridge. As clearly this thread is about. Shipped out. Hilarious.
    Last edited by KCINNYC; 06-09-2010 at 09:52 PM.
    Resident Ambassador!

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    WHAT? Are you serious? WHO doesn't want Bowe to exceed his expectations? Shipped out... SHIPPED OUT? So who do we ship IN Genius? Isaac Bruce? You clearly have NO CLUE what you are talking about. I am sorry I got worked up over such a sad, sad post. If you want Bowe out, clearly you aren't a true fan. Plus your link was a reaction to him speaking too much. And that is water under the bridge. As clearly this thread is about. Shipped out. Hilarious.
    i think he was referring to other people...not himself

People were saying things they shouldn't have. We bought Bowe at a first round price, the only way to get that cost back is to make him right.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by KCINNYC View Post
    I think you were a little too worked up to think before you let your fingers fly. Do you need me to spell it out for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Tyler View Post
    Lets drop this incident smack down in a different situation. Pretend a good ol' middle aged, married, God fearing man is out with his buddies for a night. They decide to surprise him with a hooker. Chances are he's not going to be happy about it and he's not going to keep mum. Somebody is going to find out and word is going to get out so that everybody involved is going to have to face the consequences. If you don't want to deal with the consequences, you don't hope everybody holds their tongue, you don't do it in the first place.

The primary difference is that Bowe has to answer to the national media. It's not like he went out of his way to crucify his teammates. He didn't even drop names. Somebody asked and he slipped. The way he said it made it sound like it wasn't a big deal. I'll be the first to say that admitting something like that to a public news outlet isn't very tactful, but mistakes happen. The solution isn't to ship off every single loose lipped player, if that were the case there wouldn't be a Kansas City Chiefs. The solution is to "handle it internally" and stock the roster with character guys so that these incidents can be avoided, both of which are already happening.

Bowe was suspended because of a diuretic he used. For all we know he was trying to get on Haley's good graces and maintain weight. Given that he's still on the roster we should be fairly confident that's the case. His mouth isn't big. I'm beginning to think you didn't actually read his interview, if you had, you'd see that it really isn't. Plus, he's been avoiding the media, he was nowhere to be found after OTA's today unlike LJ who would use that as venue to cause more problems. His attitude isn't awful, he may have been somewhat of a diva, though most reports claim that the new brass fixed that just like they're fixing DJ's. He doesn't lack catching ability, he lacks consistency. Go watch some of the games last year. Heck, I was sitting not more than 100 feet away of his TD catch against Sandy where he was falling out of the end zone, I'm pretty sure it made ESPN's top plays too. He had one of the best rookie seasons in the history of the league and a solid second year all with a revolving door of mediocre quarterbacks. Then we traded away Tony, adopted a new offensive scheme right before the season started, brought in a new quarterback without the means to allow him to be confident let alone successful. Disaster was a given after that.

Now we've got a decent number 2, a legitimate running game, an improved line and hopefully a safety valve/possession receiver(s) in form of McCluster, Urban, Moeaki and maybe even Cottam or Pope. We've got a new coordinator who is going to get the best from his players, we've got an excited team and an excited coach whereas last year we heard nothing except how fractured this team was and how much of a project it was to work with. Before the 2009 season the sky was the limit with Bowe, he was put in a position to fail last year. Deal him to another team and you can have fun every Sunday witnessing the birth of a superstar.
    I got crap for defending Bowe. Either way, I wouldn't question a person's fandom just because they disagree with me even if some occasionally misinterpret what I say, make assumptions of something that isn't there, attempt to insult me and decide something irrelevant before fully reading it (talking about you, just so there isn't any confusion).

Thanks Aussie!

I think hes got potential but his ego can take over at times. Nothing like LJ though (thankfully).