Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to KC Dontari Poe

Default Welcome to KC Dontari Poe

Not who I personally wanted, but welcome to the Chiefs! I hope he plays up to his athleticism!

Barron, Claiborne and Kuechly wer all gone and DeCastro was finally taken at #24. You can not always get what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Thats what good NT's do - occupy blockers which opens up lanes for the rest of the defense to pursue. Ragi had questions marks when he was drafted also, and is now considered one of the top 5 NT's in the league. Having said that, we will need Poe to be more than just a clog. We will need him to harass the passer and mow down runningbacks, and be constantly double teamed. I would venture to say that Hampton and Wilfork are more than just clogs. They anchor their respective defenses. We have needed a franchise NT since we installed the 3-4, and I think we finally got him. I don't think Memphis was well suited for Poe. Romeo will bring out the beast in this kid. Oughtta be fun.
    I agree. My only frustration is that for DL it usually takes at least 2 years for them to get up to NFL speed. That having been said, we had to get one someday.

I've been screaming for the Chiefs to address the most important position in a 3-4 defense ever since Pioli and co. came to KC...

I feel like I should be more excited about this pick than I am..

This was a GREAT pick for the Chiefs. The NT position needed to be addressed. Don't worry about this pick. If the Ngata comparisons come to fruition, we're gonna LOVE this pick...

Can't wait to see Manning running from the Poe-Powe!!

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Barron, Claiborne and Kuechly wer all gone and DeCastro was finally taken at #24. You can not always get what you want.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2C2W_O9BX4g"]The Rolling Stones - You Can't Always Get What You Want (Live 1969) - YouTube[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I've been screaming for the Chiefs to address the most important position in a 3-4 defense ever since Pioli and co. came to KC...

I feel like I should be more excited about this pick than I am..

This was a GREAT pick for the Chiefs. The NT position needed to be addressed. Don't worry about this pick. If the Ngata comparisons come to fruition, we're gonna LOVE this pick...

Can't wait to see Manning running from the Poe-Powe!!
    Cant wait to hear this:

"Manning (insert Carson Palmer, and Philip Rivers here as well) drops back, he scrambles to try to get away from Powe and Poe, but POW! He runs striaght into Hali! FUMBLE! Chiefs Ball! Houston picks it up and runs it all the way back! TOUCHDOWN KANNNNSSSAAAAASSSSS CITY!!!"

I think the bottom line is that it was a bad pick. I think Pioli panicked a bit, as he was not expecting the draft to fall in front of him like it did. He really thought Barron or Kuechly or Floyd would be there, and when none of them were he just jumped to Poe. You could tell they weren't ready to make their pick as they were late getting it in, and Berman even said something about it...

Huge mistake. I watched that film on Poe and he looks slow and like a bad tackler. This is a really bad pick. I don't care how many bench press reps you can do or how fast you are--the dude wasn't even dominant in the conference USA!

However, we can hope we have a good rest of the draft and sort of redeem this pick a bit... At least we've had a good offseason in free agency! :)

I think the pick took awhile because we were trying to work a trade down that fell through.

Could have been, but either way if we were sold on Poe we would have picked him and been excited about it. Whenever a pick goes down to the wire it's bad news in my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    Where was he projected to be drafted?
    low first /high second

Unless I am mistaken he was the highest rated NT in this draft. Our biggest position of need was NT. We got him with our 1st rd pick. Not sure what we are conplaining about. You can't have 4 1st rd players. Let's hope we can land some depth in the draft the next few days.

I wish we could have found a way to jump back up and grab DeCastro but I am sure we can find a guard over the next few rounds.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast