Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I need to vent

Default I need to vent

I know I'm new to the board, but I'm going through a hard time and I need to get some **** out. My boyfriend of 4 1/2 yes left me back in July and left me with an apt I can't pay for. Until 2 wkd ago I was a stay at home mom with no job. I finally have a job, but now I'm too far behind in rent and I have to be out by 8 am tomorrow. I have nowhere to go, and no money for even a motel room. I'm feeling really ****ing lost and stressed and just don't know what to do anymore.

The most effective of the suggested solutions would probably have been those from Mclovin.

Government programs and charities do not act quickly. And churches are rarely equipped to help with such major issues as housing.

And it seems like most people would rather assume that you must be some kind of addict, and declare you a terrible mother, than sacrifice anything at all to help a stranger. That, and so many others are too fearful of strangers to offer the kind of help that is really needed in this kind of situation.

I realize that I am a day late here. But I do have one other suggestion, that I have seen work in my area.

Around here, it is called "Womanstrength". And I have seen people under identical circumstances offer legitimate help.

I say legitimate help, because I have also seen Govt. help programs do nothing more than take children from parents who find themselves in bad situations, and even throw them in jail and bring up charges.

I hope you have found a way to keep things from falling further away, and that something here will help you.

If you were in my area, I would be able to help more. Good luck.

well I found a place to stay, but I had to give up my new job. I'm just hoping I can find a new one very soon. As far as my son goes, he needs to be with me since until just recenly I was the primary caregiver. He father really didn't do anything except go to work and sleep. I've been raising him basically on my own since birth.

The only reason I posted all this here in the first place was I needed to get everything I'd been bottling up inside out, and to see if anyone had any ideas that my friends and I hadn't come up with.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneygirl View Post
    well I found a place to stay, but I had to give up my new job. I'm just hoping I can find a new one very soon. As far as my son goes, he needs to be with me since until just recenly I was the primary caregiver. He father really didn't do anything except go to work and sleep. I've been raising him basically on my own since birth.

The only reason I posted all this here in the first place was I needed to get everything I'd been bottling up inside out, and to see if anyone had any ideas that my friends and I hadn't come up with.
    I don't know what all is in your area. But I would hit the same places, day after day, until one of them gets so sick of you that they give you a job, just to get you to stop pestering them.

I might be getting the last postion I held before I had my son. So I'm hopeful since I left there on good terms and they seem to be happy to see me. So we'll see what happens.

I might be getting the last postion I held before I had my son. So I'm hopeful since I left there on good terms and they seem to be happy to see me. So we'll see what happens.
    Best of luck.

Good Luck Stoney. I'm glad to see you got things figured out!

Best of luck and I have to agree with Chiefs31.... great advice. Keep up with your determination!

I'm doing what I need to so I can put my life back in order. After getting back to work my next focus is getting the apt I just lost paid off so I can get a place of my own, and then find a good car.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123