Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why did the Super Bowl Game Bore Me?

Default Why did the Super Bowl Game Bore Me?

I am a rookie, so you'll have to excuse my ignorance.

I rarely watch football (time issue) but I watches the past 2 Super Bowls from beginning to end, and was entertained throughout.

I couldn't get into this game though -why not?

Is it me, or was it really boring?

For example, when I watched the New York Giants storm out swinging against the Patriots, my eyes were glued to the set. I couldn't believe it, I though I was
    watching a scene from Mel Gibson'e Braveheart, the way the Giants wacked Tom Brady around like he was a ragdoll, and that set the pace... He recovered, but the giants kept pushing...

The latest Superbowl put me to sleep ...was it really that boring?

Quote Originally Posted by Sn@keIze View Post
    This superbowl was outstanding!

rookie ur going to have to develop an appreciation for the regelur season and each teams personal story and what it takes to get there to fully appreciate it.

But this Superbowl IMO was in my top 5.

Because there was a total to 63 complete passes. What a show! That has nver happened in a Superbowl.

Got to see some guts, how bout that onside kick?! It was soooo gutsy even the colts knew that they werent crazy enuf to do it. therefore unprepared for it.

I thought Addai and Bush were extremely fun to watch. Especially Addai, talk about some serious moves.

And the officiating was awesome. They let both teams play. I wish this crew would officiate the rest of the superbowls. you hardly knew the refs were there. I mean, how many penalties were in the game?

And most of all. The good guys won.
    Yep! and REP!

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

This superbowl was outstanding!

rookie ur going to have to develop an appreciation for the regelur season and each teams personal story and what it takes to get there to fully appreciate it.

But this Superbowl IMO was in my top 5.

Because there was a total to 63 complete passes. What a show! That has nver happened in a Superbowl.

Got to see some guts, how bout that onside kick?! It was soooo gutsy even the colts knew that they werent crazy enuf to do it. therefore unprepared for it.

I thought Addai and Bush were extremely fun to watch. Especially Addai, talk about some serious moves.

And the officiating was awesome. They let both teams play. I wish this crew would officiate the rest of the superbowls. you hardly knew the refs were there. I mean, how many penalties were in the game?

And most of all. The good guys won.
    It helped that the Saints made it to their first Super Bowl.

I think to win a game, sometimes you have to take a risk.

There were a few records broken/tied this year.

It was great, until they tried to ripp off the Saints on the 2PC. That was the only bad/none call in the game.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by honda522 View Post

It was great, until they tried to ripp off the Saints on the 2PC. That was the only bad/none call in the game.
    Yeah, the Saints haven't had enough calls/non calls go their way this post season.

I think the game seemed a bit more boring because it didnt come down to a last drive to win/tie. It was pretty much done when Manning threw the INT. Woulda been better if he scored on that drive and NO went down for the win. Just not as much drama this year.
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Yeah, the Saints haven't had enough calls/non calls go their way this post season.

I think the game seemed a bit more boring because it didnt come down to a last drive to win/tie. It was pretty much done when Manning threw the INT. Woulda been better if he scored on that drive and NO went down for the win. Just not as much drama this year.
    the score was quite deceptive as to how close this game was tho.

If Manning doest throw that pick for 6, the chances of them going on down to tie and then having an OT game are very possible.

I only remember being bored watching one Super Bowl...the 49er's and Chargers, can't remember the year, but it was a very boring game.

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

the score was quite deceptive as to how close this game was tho.

If Manning doest throw that pick for 6, the chances of them going on down to tie and then having an OT game are very possible.
    I agree totally, I was just saying that not having a dramatic finish may be why that guy thought it was a boring SB. Just my $0.02
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I agree totally, I was just saying that not having a dramatic finish may be why that guy thought it was a boring SB. Just my $0.02
    I somewhat thought maybe he was bored cause he said he doesn't get to watch much football, and therefore likely doesn't comprehend the emotional magnitude of Super Bowl. I don't think it could be the same thrill for someone who isn't following football the entire season.

Also, he was the one pimping Katy Perry for the halftime show in the other forum the day before Super Bowl. I think his interest and attention were pre-occupied somewhat, hahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by rookie View Post
    I just think I was spoiled by the two horseraces that preceded this Super Bowl.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12