Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Defense

Default Defense

If you’re old enough to remember Hootie and the Blowfish and when Robin Williams was funny, you are old enough to remember that time when the Chiefs’ defense won with intimidation. They hit the quarterback. More than that, they baited the quarterback, tempted the quarterback, blindsided the quarterback — at the end of those games, you would see quarterbacks walking slowly out of stadiums, stopping every so often to make sure nobody was following them.

Go Get Em D!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    No way. Jared and Tamba are both awesome like Neil was but the ONLY guy that has a chance to compare to DT on the Chiefs right now is Derrick Johnson-- and that's only if he has a spectacular career. He has a LONG way to go to get to DT status. I personally, don't think DJ will get to that same level as DT because he won't get all the sacks DT had nor have the HUGE games getting 6 and 7 sacks like DT did. I think DJ is and will be an absolute stud in the NFL but DT was something special you don't see but maybe once every 25 years or more. I've NEVER seen a linebacker with a pass rush like Thomas.
    DJ is very fast and mobile. Hes aware of what is going on around him. The difference between DJ and DT is that DT was a better pass rusher while DJ is more for coverage. That is why he will not get as many sacks as DT. DJ can make the stop when we need it. I honestly think DJ will be more like Edwards cuz of his gameplay so far and Donnie is there to teach him.

If DJ can get the pass rush down like DT did then DJ can be as good as DT. DJ has a long way to go and alot of years to do it.

Welcome to Arrowhead

Quote Originally Posted by m0ebr0 View Post
    DJ is very fast and mobile. Hes aware of what is going on around him. The difference between DJ and DT is that DT was a better pass rusher while DJ is more for coverage. That is why he will not get as many sacks as DT. DJ can make the stop when we need it. I honestly think DJ will be more like Edwards cuz of his gameplay so far and Donnie is there to teach him.

If DJ can get the pass rush down like DT did then DJ can be as good as DT. DJ has a long way to go and alot of years to do it.
    I don't doubt that DJ is going to be great. I just don't see him breaking all of DT's records either, though. I think you are right in the fact that DJ will turn out to be more like Donnie, which is not a bad thing at all.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ebr0 View Post

Pass-rushing like Derrick Thomas isn't a skill that any linebacker is going to just develop. You either have it, or you don't. IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Pass-rushing like Derrick Thomas isn't a skill that any linebacker is going to just develop. You either have it, or you don't. IMO.
    Agreed. DT was a different breed than everybody else. DJ will be great but Thomas is immortal.
    Thanks for all the yards, TDs, and memories, Priest!

Quote Originally Posted by m0ef0e View Post
    I don't doubt that DJ is going to be great. I just don't see him breaking all of DT's records either, though. I think you are right in the fact that DJ will turn out to be more like Donnie, which is not a bad thing at all.
    Agreed, I was quite pleased when I heard the news that Donnie came back to the Chiefs.
    <a href=http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg target=_blank>http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5893/dthomassp2.jpg</a>

Official thread killer I have heard.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Yep, a skill you simply can't teach.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234