Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: **Official Draft Discussion**

Default **Official Draft Discussion**

As the year goes on and the team needs become more apparent and the college talent begins to sort itself out, we can update this thread to our liking.

Tim Tebow would make a good tight end.

Pretty much anyone that is not 315 pounds and 6'8" tall need not apply.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

i think we should draft a true LT and move albert to gaurd.

Big blubbering mounds of flesh. Huge rib eating monstrous men (or women) who need dump trucks to be moved.

This draft needs to be all about getting this team the maximum weight gain possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Big blubbering mounds of flesh. Huge rib eating monstrous men (or women) who need dump trucks to be moved.

This draft needs to be all about getting this team the maximum weight gain possible.
    Found him!

Here's my draft thinking as it stands right now:

1. Eric Berry - S
    2a. Charles Brown - T - Good zone-blocking prospect to complement Albert.
    2b. Arrelious Benn - WR - He's falling far due to crappy QB play. If not this guy then Terrence Cody, replacing my 3rd round with somebody else. If both are gone, best LB, OL, or RB available.
    3. Boo Robinson - DT
    4. Jim Cordle - C
    5a. Brandon Banks - WR - Kick returner, he has to be on the radar after what he's done thus far. Interesting slot option too if he gets better hands.
    5b. Anthony Dixon - RB - Bruiser

Thanks Aussie!

Based on the games we've played and how we've gone about playing them, here is how I think our 2010 draft should look like:

Round 1: Eric Berry S, Tennessee
    Round 2: Arrelious Benn WR, Illinois
    Round 2: Bryan Bulaga OT, Iowa
    Round 3: Eric Norwood OLB, South Carolina
    Round 4: Noel Devine RB, West Virginia
    Round 5: Jordan Shipley WR, Texas
    Round 6: Eric Olsen OG, Notre Dame
    Round 7: Cody Slate TE, Marshall

Reasons for those picks:

Round 1: Honestly guys I understand that he may not come out and that he'll be in the discussion for the #1 overall spot but, seriously this guy is a MAN.
    I have watched just about each and every moment of our chiefs games and from what I've seen we lack 1 overall factor, 1 thing that sets us apart from the other 31 teams in the league, and 1 thing that almost every other team has that we don't. No it isn't someone on our extremely poor O line, and it's not a player that will be a HOF'er some day. We lack that player that when he's on the field you get that warm feeling inside sitting in the frozen stands of the stadium and say to yourself: We've got a chance. Basically we lack someone that scares people, that makes the other glance at him even if he's broken his leg and is begging to get back into the game. Eric Berry is that someone, he's a playmaker, ball hawk, Ed Reed clone, monster hitter, and most importantly a really good guy. I mean for god sakes guys D-Bo is really talented and Derrick Johnson is an all pro, and even Matt is starting to look good. However, it's time to draft someone that will make an impact from day one, someone that like I said scares the daylights out of receivers when they go up for the ball. After all that gushing about EB you must be thinking I root for the Vols right? Wrong. Crimson Tide hardcore fan speaking to ya, WTF. NO WAY! Haha yep, so just keep in mind I've seen the guy play a lot and I know his style inside and out practially. Those are my honest feelings about who we should take and why we should take him in Round 1.

Round 2: I get the fact that this is extremely unlikely and that he also may not declare for the draft however, people need to see this kid play. My goodness I don't think I've seen a more underrated and untalked about player. I've seen him in tons of mock drafts go in the 1st round to the 3rd. I'll be on my hands and knees praying that these first two picks work out and call me a dreamer but, this pick is a good dream to have. Benn is the type of reciever that makes plays without killing himself. He's got a winning attitude even though he plays on a team that is never gonna finish above 12th in the Big 11. (LOL get it? 12th in the Big 11? No...OUCH sorry Illinois fan. Geez I was only joking.) Those are my honest feelings about who we should take and why we should take him in Round 2 (pick1).

Round 2: YAY YAY! I know right? Finally some help for that hard to watch, getting worse everyday, sloppy, and who the hell is playing our right tackle filled offensive line. Okay we'll most of that was true and the fact is we need some serious help up front. They say defense wins championships right? We'll they do and I'm not one to go against that statement but, wow I think that the O line at least needs some attention. Whether your making a run at the Super Bowl or like us your attempting the always fan dreaded rebuliding project your offensive line needs addressing.
    Bulaga is another guy who could remain for his senior season and he's the guy that I'm most scared will do just that. Hopefully if Iowa makes the Rose Bowl or something he'll understand that there is simply a 1 - 500 chance that Iowa has another season like that in the near future. He's big, mean, powerful, and very smart. I hear ya people, not too many Chiefs players that fit that discription huh? Those are my honest feelings about who we should take and why we should take him in Round 2 (pick2).

Round 3:
    Assistant: ''Sir he's doing it again''
    SEC Commish: ''Doing what?''
    Assistant: ''Sir he's talking about another really good player in the conference that's not on his favorite team?
    SEC Commish: ''Dear god...Smith just...No Smith...get him offline as quick as possible please''.

Seriously that's the reaction I expect to get when I talk about Eric Norwood. Please spare it though, again I watch SEC games like I drink water so I know how good he is. Just realize that I'm at least somewhat knowledgeable when I'm discussing SEC players. Now I'm not one to throw facts, stats and junk like that at people. Well, actually yes I am but you've really got to hear this one. During his collegiate career, he has recorded more tackles for losses and more sacks than than any player in school history. That's not a bad place to be considering some of the players that came through SC and some of the great SEC linebackers. I understand everyone's argument that's likely to spring up. You know the one that the includes him not being an impact player right away or that we have plenty of linebackers. Okay don't kid yourself with the last one, we may have plenty but, plently of players that make you stop and say: ''Which little college did he go to?''. Bottom line is, this pick is about depth and depth is something above all else (even Eric Berry) that I think we need. Those are my honest feelings about who we should take and why we should take him in Round 3.

Round 4: Dwarfs, little people, tiny, stumpy, and of course midget. Offensive? Unsettling? Mean? Yes those words could be used to describe that list of names that are often said of short(er) people. Now I highly doubt that Noel Devine has been called any of those names but, with the way people talk about him you might think he has. Listed on most sites at 5'8 176 lbs, Devine has always been considered that little guy. The player that is super fast, has a big heart, yet sadly can't handle the NFL's grind. Guess what fellow Chiefs fans? Neither can half the players on our team, ouch yep I bet that one stung a bit. Didn't think I'd go there did ya? Well I did and for good reasons. Devine runs around a 4.34 dash time. Guys come on pick up your jaws I know we haven't seen that kind of speed on our team since the 40's but come on your embarrasing us. He's tough, durable, and he's a flat out spark plug. He may never be more than a 2nd down pitch to the outside runner but, my goodness who the heck else do we have on the team that is? *Crickets chip* Didn't think so, I think it's time we pull an Al Davis and grab the guy that has the fastest combine time for once. Sssh I only said You-Know-Who's name to get my point across, you can uncover the children's eyes now.
    Those are my honest feelings about who we should take and why we should take him in Round 4.

Round 5: Phew we've made to the fifth round and we're actually doing pretty darn good with this one. It's about to get even better and it starts with the Chiefs picking a guy who can line up and be an actual slot reciever. No offense to Bobby Wade but, we need some actual talent. I'm not saying Jordan's gonna make us better at the position, I'm just saying it'd be nice to have a guy that played six years of college football. Why the dark looks? That's more than about 20 players on our current roster played in colege. He's fast, has decent hands, and best of all he comes to us with a winning attitude. Playing for a guy like Mack Brown who is the CF version of Dan Synder means that he's used to playing with guys that are winners and that's a type of edge we need on KC's team. Those are my honest feelings about who we should take and why we should take him in Round 5.

Round 6: Toughness. A word that used to describe the way we saw our team play football. It's currently being used to descibe our head coach and I think it's time he drafted a player that resembles him. Eric Olsen may not wow anyone with his physical pressence (although he should) and he may not be the Russel Okung of the draft. However he has a great attitude about himself, decent blocking skills, and he'd be a fine addition to that stinky offensive line we put on the field. I mean just look at his photo, cave man anyone? He's someone that I think if we get into training camp right away could develop into a solid #2 behind Brian Waters (who on a side note I hope to god we trade or release, god dude seriously we don't like you either so stfu). Those are my honest feelings about who we should take and why we should take him in Round 6.

Round 7: Quick, someone name our 2009 starting TE's? No grandpa TG got traded to Atlanta, and no Vols fan it's not Brad Cottam. Sean Ryan and a few other hobos are who we've decided to line up alongside the O line. Not pretty is it? Cody Slate is another one of those players that about half the country outside of West Virgina have never heard of. There a number of reasons as to why that may be true but, it's time to wake up. He's got skills and although like many other players his stats won't reflect his play he's does a lot for his team. I don't doubt that this will be DraftZoo's worst pick for us but, I don't really care. I've seen him play more than once and I like what I see. Yes guys he's another risk...a risk that might just crazy enough to work. Those are my honest feelings about who we should take and why we should take him in Round 7.

The above comments, statements, and quirkiness are just my opinions. I wholeheartedly never intended to offend or insult anyone with what I said. So please if you like humor, and some ragging on a team we all love check out the post. Just what I think and even though half of that won't happen it can't hurt to exaggerate a little bit right?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    Found him!

Sign him up!

RD 1- Okung OT, only I move Albert to RT, then we have bookends for a few years.
    RD 2- Eric Decker WR, the most NFL ready WR in the draft, not a burner but does everthing well, he even blocks.
    RD 2- Jordan Shipley WR, Burner play maker and return man
    RD 3- Johnson OG, could come in and start right away.. Looks real good in the middle of the Alabama OL.
    Rounds 4 thru six I'm undecided although there are two return men who will probally be available in the 6th round, they run 4.27 and 4.28 and could be worth a look.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    RD 1- Okung OT, only I move Albert to RT, then we have bookends for a few years.
    RD 2- Eric Decker WR, the most NFL ready WR in the draft, not a burner but does everthing well, he even blocks.
    RD 2- Jordan Shipley WR, Burner play maker and return man
    RD 3- Johnson OG, could come in and start right away.. Looks real good in the middle of the Alabama OL.
    Rounds 4 thru six I'm undecided although there are two return men who will probally be available in the 6th round, they run 4.27 and 4.28 and could be worth a look.
    How do we have "bookends for a few years" with that? Brandon Albert is a top-flight OG prospect, and a very generic OT prospect.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast