Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: At least Cassel isn't Cutler

Default At least Cassel isn't Cutler

I know later in the season Cassel has began to gain more respect from Chiefs fans, but until then he caught a lot of heat from the general public.

All I have to say to those who still give Cassel crap is that at least he not a person like Jay Cutler. As we all know Cutler displays his cry baby attitude on a weekly basis during the NFL season, but the act of waving a white flag while pouting on the sideline because the Packers dominated them in the 1st half was just down right pathetic.

I've heard people questioning his toughness, but I am not (he's been hit more than any QB this season) but I am questioning his Attitude, Leadership, and Heart; and thanking myself that we do not have a person like this at the most important position on the field. I mean he didn't even seem like he wanted to try to be back out on the field in the most important game of his career. I believe Cassel would have fought and scraped to get back in the game, and showed these characteristics in games this season (In Denver when the game was clearly over, he wouldn't let Haley sit him or any other starters to rest and prevent injury, and In St, Louis a few days after an Appendectomy.)

Cassel may not have eye popping #'s (even though his TD/INT ratio was excellent this season) but he does have the Leadership, Heart, and Drive to make his team strive to do better. And that is why I am thankful to have him leading our team and not a person like Jay Cutler.

What are your thoughts?

Thank god our QBs name is Matt Cassel and not Jay Cutler. Spoiled baby QBs make me sick!

I hate to defend Cutler, but the guy was hurt. I think the way the media portrays him makes it seem like he quit on his team. Listen, if the guy is hurt and can't play, he can't play. It was the coach's decision to remove him. Other guys yesterday, like Packers LT Chad Clifton or Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey also left the game early, but you don't see any criticism of them for "quitting on the team".

Another thing you have to remember about him, is that he's missed one game in his whole career for a concussion. The guy played a whole season with undiagnosed diabetes, and though it's regulated now, it's still something he has to deal with. He doesn't have the luxury of getting a cortisone shot in his knee to play through the pain...Cortisone shots tend to drive a diabetics blood sugar through the roof.

I've heard people bad mouthing him for "not helping on the sidelines", when QB Caleb Hanie said he was helping him and he had an earpiece in. If you go by the quick shots of the sideline Fox shows you, it's easy to paint him in a bad light.

I'm not a huge Jay Cutler fan, but reading this article did a lot to help paint a more accurate picture of who he actually is.

Let’s hear it for Jay Cutler | ProFootballTalk

I would much rather have Cassel then Cuttler. I think that Cassel is just a better leader then Cuttler.

If the reports are true about the torn MCL I can't blame Cuttler at all for not playing. I have had a torn MCL and I couldn't take 3 steps. It's hard to no just how much pain he was in.

I would much rather have Cassel as my leader than Cutler. I havn't liked Cutler way before Sundays game, he is very immature he thinks he is better than everybody else and it seems like he just doesn't care. He had a meeting with John Elway back when he was in Denver and they went out to eat and Cutler never looked John in the eye he just kept his eyes on the TV not paying attention to Elway. I dont know about you but if a HOF is trying to give me pointers and I am a young dude in the NFL you bet I would be listening.
    On that note I still have to defend Cutler for Sunday. He didn't tear his MCL but the report now is that he sprained it, even though it was only sprained I still couldn't imagine trying to plant and scramble on a sprained MCL. The one thing that I could complain about what Cutler did on Sunday was that he wouldnt help his 3rd string QB look at defensive photos and try and help him out so it would have given the team a little bit more of a chance, which shows that he is still immature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I hate to defend Cutler, but the guy was hurt. I think the way the media portrays him makes it seem like he quit on his team. Listen, if the guy is hurt and can't play, he can't play. It was the coach's decision to remove him. Other guys yesterday, like Packers LT Chad Clifton or Steelers C Maurkice Pouncey also left the game early, but you don't see any criticism of them for "quitting on the team".

Another thing you have to remember about him, is that he's missed one game in his whole career for a concussion. The guy played a whole season with undiagnosed diabetes, and though it's regulated now, it's still something he has to deal with. He doesn't have the luxury of getting a cortisone shot in his knee to play through the pain...Cortisone shots tend to drive a diabetics blood sugar through the roof.

I've heard people bad mouthing him for "not helping on the sidelines", when QB Caleb Hanie said he was helping him and he had an earpiece in. If you go by the quick shots of the sideline Fox shows you, it's easy to paint him in a bad light.

I'm not a huge Jay Cutler fan, but reading this article did a lot to help paint a more accurate picture of who he actually is.

Let’s hear it for Jay Cutler | ProFootballTalk
    I'm not bashing Cutler for being hurt, I even stated that in the opening remarks of this forum. If he was seriously hurt then I understand not being able to play, but I am criticizing the Leadership and his demeanor. (Just for the record, I'm pretty sure Clifton went back out and finished the game.)

After Cutler was on the sideline, it was like he didn't even care, and wasn't paying attention. I've heard he was helping Hannee and I've heard he wasn't; regardless he could have at least had a headset on like most backups do, or even act excited, or get his team pumped up from the sidelines. Just because he is out of the game doesn't mean he can't be a leader.

I bet that if Cassel came out of a game with an injury, he would do all he could to still help his team win. His demeanor would be much more positive and up-beat than that of Cutlers.

I am not questioning his toughness but his Leadership, and stating that for everyone that still complains about Cassel, we could have it worse and have Cutler so count your blessings.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrudi View Post
    I'm not bashing Cutler for being hurt, I even stated that in the opening remarks of this forum. If he was seriously hurt then I understand not being able to play, but I am criticizing the Leadership and his demeanor. (Just for the record, I'm pretty sure Clifton went back out and finished the game.)

After Cutler was on the sideline, it was like he didn't even care, and wasn't paying attention. I've heard he was helping Hannee and I've heard he wasn't; regardless he could have at least had a headset on like most backups do, or even act excited, or get his team pumped up from the sidelines. Just because he is out of the game doesn't mean he can't be a leader.

I bet that if Cassel came out of a game with an injury, he would do all he could to still help his team win. His demeanor would be much more positive and up-beat than that of Cutlers.

I am not questioning his toughness but his Leadership, and stating that for everyone that still complains about Cassel, we could have it worse and have Cutler so count your blessings.
    I totally agree with that.

I'd take Cassel's toughness and Jay's arm. Throw in Peyton's brain, and Brady's girlfriend.

In the mean time, I'll stick with the toughest qb in football, Matt Cassel.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    I'd take Cassel's toughness and Jay's arm. Throw in Peyton's brain, and Brady's girlfriend.

In the mean time, I'll stick with the toughest qb in football, Matt Cassel.

Haha that's hilarious.

Nice post!

Speaking of being a tough player.

Just read this on KC Star's website. Wow!

Read it here

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast