Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Players aren't allowed to attend concerts

Default Players aren't allowed to attend concerts

Just discovered that NFL players aren't allowed to attend concerts at NFL venues...

Sound Check: Players can't attend concerts at NFL venues

How ridiculous is this?! It's truly unfortunate that the NFL players have to be punished over the possible lockout. What are your thoughts?
    Feel the rush...

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Punished?? The fans are being punished!! I have trouble at times buying groceries and paying the hydro bill. I work 3 jobs. The one thing I get to do that I love is watch football on Sundays during football season. WTF do I care if an NFL player cant go see a concert. Kick them out of a movie theater too. They took away my entertainment, take away theirs. I chalk this up as a win for the fans. F*ck all the millionaires who cant come to an agreement on how to split up our hard earned money.
    Post of the month nominee!!

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Post of the month nominee!!
    Got my vote!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    I think that there are alot of players that would have been happy to take many of the offers the owners have made. They are the real ones hurting through all of this. your 3 or 4th year o line guy who doesn't make nearly as much as much as the star players.

It's sad that the union is more out for the peyton mannings of the world that make GOBS of money just in there contracts alone then they are for the less known players.
    Bulls**t.

The Payton Mannings have little to gain or lose in the whole matter.

It is difficult to get those guys to stand up for the common players as they have been.

The rookies are the one's who get hit the hardest, and it is the rookies who are in the crosshairs of the owners, with the rookie-cap proposal.

Even with the 18 game schedule proposal, the superstars are financially taken care of with the increased odds of injury.

It is the common player who is at the highest risk. More playing time for common players means more opportunity for injury. And a less serious injury has a far better chance of ending the career of Garrett Reynolds (Falcons OT) than that of a Tom Brady.

The superstar players don't need the union to protect them for much. It is the common player that the union stands for.

Your suggestion that this lockout (imposed by the owners, and only the owners) is hard on common players and should be ended on their behalf is inverted logic.

Every single concession that the players have been asked to take is going to come out of the common players a**, not Payton Manning's.

The players who would be best off to accept whatever the owners are offering would be those who have the big contracts.

What does that have to do with them not being allowed to go to concerts?
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    What does that have to do with them not being allowed to go to concerts?
    Absolutely nothing, just more BS from the players and their lackeys.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    I think you would be wrong. Waters was at the hearing today in Minnesota representing the union along with Vrabel.
    I was surprised to hear Priest Holmes joined in filing suit a few wks. back as well.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12