Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Thread: Who will win the Super Bowl?

Default Who will win the Super Bowl?

I know that we are all optimistic about the Chiefs season, but I thought I would start a topic about which teams have the best chance of making the playoffs and winning the Superbowl. Here are the latest lines in Vegas for the 2007 Super Bowl Champion:

Arizona Cardinals 30-1
    Atlanta Falcons 30-1
    Baltimore Ravens 20-1
    Buffalo Bills 100-1
    Carolina Panthers 12-1
    Chicago Bears 16-1
    Cincinnati Bengals 20-1
    Cleveland Browns 90-1
    Dallas Cowboys 10-1
    Denver Broncos 12-1
    Detroit Lions 40-1
    Green Bay Packers 50-1
    Houston Texans 100-1
    Indianapolis Colts 6-1
    Jacksonville Jaguars 30-1
    Kansas City Chiefs 20-1
    Miami Dolphins 20-1
    Minnesota Vikings 30-1
    New England Patriots 8-1
    New Orleans Saints 85-1
    New York Giants 16-1
    New York Jets 90-1
    Oakland Raiders 90-1
    Philadelphia Eagles 20-1
    Pittsburgh Steelers 10-1
    San Diego Chargers 18-1
    San Francisco 49ers 190-1
    Seattle Seahawks 10-1
    St Louis Rams 60-1
    Tampa Bay Buccaneers 30-1
    Tennessee Titans 100-1
    Washington Redskins 14-1

My favorites this year include: Arizona, Carolina, Dallas, Denver, Indy, KC, Jax, Giants, Redskins, Patriots.

My surprise team this year: New Orleans Saints.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    I don't think you can say that they have no chance of beating NE. Look how close Philly, Bal and the Giants came. Obviously the Pats, Colts, Packers and Cowgirls are the teams to beat, but in the AFC I think the Jags and Chargers have the best shots at taking down their opponents. I am not expecting a blowout in either game.
    You're right. I was expecting the Dolts to rout the Titans and since they struggled today it has diminished the chance I think they have. But diminshed doesn't mean it's now impossible. Besides, any given Sunday a pro team can beat another pro team (yes, our Chiefs could beat the Pats too. Yes they really could! As you said, the Ravens almost did :) ).

I see the early Vegas lines are calling for the four favorites to win fairly comfortably:

GREENBAY 8 Seattle
    NEW ENGLAND 11.5 Jacksonville
    INDIANPOLIS 7.5 San Diego
    DALLAS 8.5 New York Giants

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    You're right. I was expecting the Dolts to rout the Titans and since they struggled today it has diminished the chance I think they have. But diminshed doesn't mean it's now impossible. Besides, any given Sunday a pro team can beat another pro team (yes, our Chiefs could beat the Pats too. Yes they really could! As you said, the Ravens almost did :) ).

I see the early Vegas lines are calling for the four favorites to win fairly comfortably:

GREENBAY 8 Seattle
    NEW ENGLAND 11.5 Jacksonville
    INDIANPOLIS 7.5 San Diego
    DALLAS 8.5 New York Giants
    Not everyone is gonna cover!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Not everyone is gonna cover!!
    Let's see, based on the spreads I predict Dallas fails to cover that, and GB and INDI do cover. But NE covering 11.5 over Jax I have to think more about.

Sounds about right, although I think Jax will keep it close
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

Chiefs!
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

Quote Originally Posted by hermhater View Post
    Chiefs!
    If theChiefswere at New England I bet the line would be 28 for New England and I would then predict (and bet $$$$$!) that theChiefswould beat that spread!

What was our worst defeat of the season?
    http://arrowheadjunkies.com/pictures/PhotoShop/sig_pics/NFL_Players/kansas_city_chiefs/tyson.jackson/062009/tyson.jackson.500.png

By the way, I would say I'd also bet $$$$$ that the
    Chiefswould win the game outright, but I'm an ARROWhead not an AIRhead, heh!

Our worst defeat of the season was the Donkey game in Denver right? Just about every other game we were tied or winning at the half and still had a chance in the 4th quarter I think.

Quote Originally Posted by IlovetheChiefs View Post
    By the way, I would say I'd also bet $$$$$ that the
    Chiefswould win the game outright, but I'm an ARROWhead not an AIRhead, heh!

Our worst defeat of the season was the Donkey game in Denver right? Just about every other game we were tied or winning at the half and still had a chance in the 4th quarter I think.
    I don't know about tied or winning at the half. I recall a lot of 10-0 halftime deficits

I don't know about tied or winning at the half. I recall a lot of 10-0 halftime deficits
    That's true there were some of those. I was thinking about that period where we lost 7 in a row (and now it's 9 in a row of course) and yet the irony was we were tied or in the lead at halftime in all of them except the game at Denver which was a disaster from the opening kickoff.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789