Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wondering why?

Default Wondering why?

Fellow fanatics i was wrong i said earlier today we would never sign Boldin. Appartently, we was in the race to trade for him (or was we?)
    Always seems as though Pioli never gets his man with us. Anyone remember that we was after Haynesworth last year?

Anyway, wondering why we could'nt have beat the Ravens offer. How about #50 overall( the one we received for Gonzo) for Boldin and surely the money Baltimore gave Boldin was'nt ridiculous. I saw it but can't recall the exact deal.
    Hell, we could have thrown in a fifth and asked for a sixth or seventh rounder back since we don't pick in either round.

Wondering?
    Fills like smoke being blown up my ***!

Quote Originally Posted by stevefuller View Post
    Fellow fanatics i was wrong i said earlier today we would never sign Boldin. Appartently, we was in the race to trade for him (or was we?)
    Always seems as though Pioli never gets his man with us. Anyone remember that we was after Haynesworth last year?

Anyway, wondering why we could'nt have beat the Ravens offer. How about #50 overall( the one we received for Gonzo) for Boldin and surely the money Baltimore gave Boldin was'nt ridiculous. I saw it but can't recall the exact deal.
    Hell, we could have thrown in a fifth and asked for a sixth or seventh rounder back since we don't pick in either round.

Wondering?
    Fills like smoke being blown up my ***!

Certainly a visual I didn't need.

we don't need Boldin. we need draft picks. this is supposedly a pretty deep class of WRs throughout the middle rounds. I think we can find someone in the draft who could be pretty good, possibly a Golden Tate at 2a. Depends on a lot though. I wouldv'e liked to get Kevin Walter, but he decided to resign with the Texans instead of the Chiefs. can't blame Pioli for that one....

Golden Tate wants to play for Wies.Go get him.He made claussen look good.I seen him come up with some great grabs that Clussen hung him out to dry.lol

Quote Originally Posted by KottkeKU View Post
    we don't need Boldin. we need draft picks. this is supposedly a pretty deep class of WRs throughout the middle rounds. I think we can find someone in the draft who could be pretty good, possibly a Golden Tate at 2a. Depends on a lot though. I wouldv'e liked to get Kevin Walter, but he decided to resign with the Texans instead of the Chiefs. can't blame Pioli for that one....
    I think we do need a free agent WR as well. We Have a Very young team still. Just filling postions with draft picks is what H&C did and why we are in the spot we are in. I am all for keeping the draft picks but I still want us to pick up a free agent WR or any other postion.

i know why u feel this way but everyone who says pioli dosent build a team with high free agent picks. hes goin for value say the moss for a fourth rounder three years ago he wont sign anyone. i agree we need new blood but they want there guy i wanted dansby it didnt happen i wanted rolle but after seeing the money that the giants threw at him hell no! boldin i kinda wanted but wasnt upset to see him traded will pick up some guys but i dont expect anything big till the draft then i expect a trade and then the picks in the draft

It's easy to sit here and criticize the GM, because if you're not winning a super bowl, you're always failing in the fans eyes.

I was so ecstatic today when I read the Chiefs were in the running for Boldin. I honestly didn't expect us to make a play on him. So in the end, we didn't get him. The Ravens have a great team and could afford to give up their 3rd and 4th rounder for a playmaker that's gonna give them 3+ years of solid performance.

So here I stand in the middle. Pioli wants to build this team through the draft, and we saw Herm attempt the same thing and fail miserably, so I'm cautiously optimistic. The draft is always a gamble...free agency on the other hand gives you a pretty good look at how guys have performed in the NFL level against elite NFL talent. Obviously our 3rd and 4th rounder are more valuable than Baltimore's, b/c they're sooner... so I'm going to be watching closely to the impact the two guys we draft in these rounds have on our team in the next 3-4 years.

Our 3rd and 4th rounder since '08:

Brad Cottam - 3rd '08
    Jamaal Charles - 3rd '08
    Will Frankling - 4th '08 (anyone remember this MU WR? Yeah I don't even think he's in the league anymore)

Alex Magee - 3rd '09
    Donald Washington - 4th '09

Honestly, take a look at the 3rd and 4th rounders list since '08 and tell me how many of those names you know. I happen to be a very close follower to all NFL action, and I recognize about 15% of the names that have been drafted since '08, and none of them are really standouts...So it's easy to question the true value of a 3rd/4th round pick when in the end they seem to have more value when it comes to trading for players who have proven themselves ALREADY in the NFL.

Waxahachie, TX via Broken Arrow, OK via McLouth, KS

not saying we needed boldin! but to say we didnt? we only have 1 wr on roster at last count! yes we needed him or someone in free agency! woulda been happier with burleson but boldin woulda been nice!

im tellin you wait will make some moves and get ready for a big trade for us without givin up much

I'd love to see us pick up Olsen, who is requesting a trade out of chicago. The bears don't have a 1st or 2nd round pick and it's worth offering them a 3rd rd pick for him. He had 60 receptions and 8 TDs last year. I also like Lance moore. He's restricted, but I'm sure Pioli could work out a deal with the Saints. They have a ton of WR anyway and moore would be a great slot receiver for us. Any thoughts?
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast