Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: McClain to vist.

Default McClain to vist.

Alabama LB Rolando McClain Visiting At Least Four Teams - Arrowhead Pride

I wouldn't mind getting him. I don't care for the idea of drafting a OL in which we can get one in the second round just as good. Mainly cause we have just as many holes to fill and fix in other places.
    <a href=http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/../../../../image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2553&dateline=1258934108 target=_blank>http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/.....ine=1258934108</a>

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    Almost evey mock I saw in 2009 had Tyson Jackson going 9th to the Packers. A few had him going 12th to the Broncos. We reached a little for him, but not nearly as much as everyone is pretending.
    Maybe he seems like a bigger reach than he was because he is playing like a bigger reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Maybe he seems like a bigger reach than he was because he is playing like a bigger reach.
    That is defintely true, thats why I dont like the idea of reaching for DAn Williams because i know he's gonna take a couple years to get used to the level of play in the NFL.
    However, as we saw last year with Clay Mathews, Orakpo, and Brian Cushing Linebackers usually make an immediate impact and generally the transition is very easy for them.
    The difference between Dan Williams and Cam Thomas is not the same as the difference between McClain and Sean Lee.
    McClain will be an instant playmaker, run stopper, leader, and pro bowler.

Quote Originally Posted by moshak View Post
    That is defintely true, thats why I dont like the idea of reaching for DAn Williams because i know he's gonna take a couple years to get used to the level of play in the NFL.
    However, as we saw last year with Clay Mathews, Orakpo, and Brian Cushing Linebackers usually make an immediate impact and generally the transition is very easy for them.
    The difference between Dan Williams and Cam Thomas is not the same as the difference between McClain and Sean Lee.
    McClain will be an instant playmaker, run stopper, leader, and pro bowler.
    Well said.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

I will say though we have had a great deal of luck from another linebacker out of Bama.

I heard over on AP that we have a private workout scheduled in AL with McClain on April 10th.

Quote Originally Posted by pbatrucker View Post
    I heard over on AP that we have a private workout scheduled in AL with McClain on April 10th.
    Yep. Hopefully it goes well

Resident Celebrity

We ain't taking McClain at 5. Positional value. Safeties and ILB's no go for top 15. My guess would be Baluga if Okung is gone...
    SHUT IT

If Pioli took Jerod Mayo 10th overall, I wouldn't put it past him to take an ILB with the 5th. Bulaga would be a terrible 5th overall pick. He'd be a good player, but definitely not worth #5 overall.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by DC_Chiefsfan View Post
    If Pioli took Jerod Mayo 10th overall, I wouldn't put it past him to take an ILB with the 5th. Bulaga would be a terrible 5th overall pick. He'd be a good player, but definitely not worth #5 overall.
    5th pick and 10th pick are a long way apart - both in raw dollars and value. To say that McClain over Baluga at 5 makes sense - doesn't make sense. McClain's stock is dropping fast, with some mocks showing him late 1st and even early 2nd round.
    SHUT IT

We need an ILB badly. DJ will either get traded or relegated to Nickel LB/3rd down linebacker. That's just what you do with his skill set in a 3-4. So we are going to lean on Williams and Mays? Maybe throw Vrabel in at ILB? No way. McClain plays hard, lives for football and is a leader on the field. He is also projected to go early/mid 1st, just like BULAGA. And our Oline is easily good enough to wait until the 2nd round to address. Even then, we need the most help at G/C. Ducasse and Saffold will be front runners I'm guessing.
    Great Googly Moogly

RyanD82 - Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast