Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Cassell and bowe

Default Cassell and bowe

I wonder what the cassel haters are saying after the past 2 games about cassel. I for one will admit i was wrong on bowe though. The last 2 games he has stepped up and i am taking back what i said it would be a big mistake if we lossed him. He's finally coming through for kc

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    I have no idea what you are referring to here...

He's missed some passes, all QBs do. He played absolutely spectacular last game given the number of times he was called to throw the ball.
    Eh, it is just what I am seeing. My opinion, doesn't make it right, doesn't make it wrong.

Are you man enough? Eric Berry? Apparently Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    Eh, it is just what I am seeing. My opinion, doesn't make it right, doesn't make it wrong.

Fair enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayvern View Post
    No, I am not looking for 40 passes in a game, what I am looking for are those wide open receivers that get hit just at the right moment with a pass. Cassel's passes seem a split second late all the time.
    You mean passes like the two TD passes yesterday.

The only way kc drafts a qb is to be cassels backup. There is no way that he will not be the starter for years to come if he keeps it up. I believe he has 9 td's and only 3 interceptions this year. Way better then last year so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    You mean passes like the two TD passes yesterday.
    As long as we win, I really don't care but I think it's fair to say that Cassel didn't look all that great yesterday. On two of his big plays he had to rely on spectacular catches. Perhaps he is being asked to play conservatively but that doesn't explain everything in my opinion.

I think Cassel can play better but, as it stands now, it wouldn't surprise me if we drafted a qb in the first two rounds of next years draft.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalT View Post
    As long as we win, I really don't care but I think it's fair to say that Cassel didn't look all that great yesterday. On two of his big plays he had to rely on spectacular catches. Perhaps he is being asked to play conservatively but that doesn't explain everything in my opinion.

I think Cassel can play better but, as it stands now, it wouldn't surprise me if we drafted a qb in the first two rounds of next years draft.
    Again, this is ridiculous. Wide receivers are supposed to make those catches. Cassel is remarkably better than last year. The last two years, he took 89 sacks! Yes, 89!!!!! This year, he is getting rid of the ball faster and making smart decisions at the same time (only 3 INTs). He's been sacked 5 times in 6 games. Cassel is getting better every week, and it's extremely encouraging.

What everyone on this site fails to realize is that franchise QBs like Manning, Brady, etc. aren't freely available that we can just pluck up and replace Cassel with. As he continues to grow, I have no doubt he's going to be a solid NFL quarterback. Charlie Weis is not asking a lot of him on offense, but he's making plays when he is asked to. He's getting better every week, and he's putting this team in a position to win by not turning the ball over.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Again, this is ridiculous. Wide receivers are supposed to make those catches. Cassel is remarkably better than last year. The last two years, he took 89 sacks! Yes, 89!!!!! This year, he is getting rid of the ball faster and making smart decisions at the same time (only 3 INTs). He's been sacked 5 times in 6 games. Cassel is getting better every week, and it's extremely encouraging.

What everyone on this site fails to realize is that franchise QBs like Manning, Brady, etc. aren't freely available that we can just pluck up and replace Cassel with. As he continues to grow, I have no doubt he's going to be a solid NFL quarterback. Charlie Weis is not asking a lot of him on offense, but he's making plays when he is asked to. He's getting better every week, and he's putting this team in a position to win by not turning the ball over.
    I don't think anything I said was ridiculous. Expecting our receivers to make spectacular catches is ridiculous.

I think Cassel needs to get better if we're going to get to the next step. I think Cassel would admit that. Perhaps I should get a demerit for stating the obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalT View Post
    I don't think anything I said was ridiculous. Expecting our receivers to make spectacular catches is ridiculous.

I think Cassel needs to get better if we're going to get to the next step. I think Cassel would admit that. Perhaps I should get a demerit for stating the obvious.
    Fair enough...I agree though, he should complete 80% of his passes from here on out, throw at least 3 TD passes, and have a minimum of 12 yds/attempt. Against the Jags he only managed to complete a meager 72% of his passes, only threw 2 TD passes, and had a paltry 10.7 yds/attempt. I'm not sure what was so spectacular about the first touchdown catch. The run after the catch was great, but I think positional players should be expected to make big plays...

I would love to see a super star reciever come here or draft someone very high that can be fast..More then a new QB

Were We Wrong On Kansas City Chiefs QB Matt Cassel? - SB Nation Kansas City

You cassel haters really need to get a life as i stated before. Ftw watch the 2 td passes he threw to bowe..there is no way kc is drafting a qb. Cassel is the franchise qb for years to come like it or not.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast