Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking: Chiefs player commits suicide at Arrowhead Stadium

Default Breaking: Chiefs player commits suicide at Arrowhead Stadium

Apparently there has been a possible shooting incident (possible suicide) at Arrowhead involving a player thought to be jovan belcher.

Truly shocking.

Report: Chiefs player commits suicide at Arrowhead after killing girlfriend | ProFootballTalk
    Last edited by Coach; 12-01-2012 at 11:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Romeo seems like a very kind person, I still dislike fat scott, I think he is a jerk.

I wonder if they will cancel the game tomorrow, you think they would almost have to.
    Listening to the radio it doesn't seem like they will. That's not to say they won't but I believe its a bad idea, not knowing how focused our players will be. It's a 3-8 vs a 1-10 with zero relevance other than draft position, I guess that could be the reason for holding it though.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    Should this be the death knell for Scott Pioli?
    don't see how the two could be connected, so no, if anything, the season was Pioli's death knell, this is just effed up

We ought to just forfeit the game and move on next week.
    I know this will bother both the men, I had a 13 year old boy in my Scout Troop go home from a meeting that he was elected Patrol Leader at and kill himself about 1-2 hours later. I was talking to him in the parking lot after the meeting and we were talking about what we were going to do in the summer, that happened in 1989 and it bothers me to this day. Even if Pioli is a jerk and was the worse GM in history you need to have passion for him in this situation, it is not part of the job. No one should have to go through something like this. I know I want him to leave the Chiefs but I am putting him in my prayers for what happened to him today. This is real life and has nothing to do with the game or the team we love!

Quote Originally Posted by KCraised View Post
    Not to sound insensitive but I im going to the game tomorrow and wonder how they will recognize Belcher. I mean, he DID murder his girlfriend. Sounds like an extremely.sticky situation to me....
    The only PC way to do it would be a moment of silence for the tragic events that unfolded. You can't specifically mourn a murder.

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    The only PC way to do it would be a moment of silence for the tragic events that unfolded. You can't specifically mourn a murder.
    Good answer and point. Mourn the tragedy, as a whole. Just would seem horribly inappropriate to say we wanna win this one for him. I don't know. Just a completely dreary day
    Last edited by KCraised; 12-01-2012 at 03:08 PM.

Default On behalf of the silver & black...

I know I'm not the first, but on behalf of the Raider Nation, I want to offer my condolences for your loss today. I despise your team to be honest... but @ the end of the day, you're people to and were only separated by 100 yards. I don't think they will, but if any of my fellow Raider fans crack jokes about this I appologize.

Good luck against the Panthers Sunday. These kind of things hurt, but now you'll see what kind of brotherhood you've got in this locker room. When Al died, Oak played balls to the wall. When Marquis Cooper was lost @ sea, we had the war pigeon incident. Hold it together guys. Through tragedy, character shines. I wish you nothing but the best and I look forward to beating you twice a year... Or @ least I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Jswag37 View Post
    I know I'm not the first, but on behalf of the Raider Nation, I want to offer my condolences for your loss today. I despise your team to be honest... but @ the end of the day, you're people to and were only separated by 100 yards. I don't think they will, but if any of my fellow Raider fans crack jokes about this I appologize.

Good luck against the Panthers Sunday. These kind of things hurt, but now you'll see what kind of brotherhood you've got in this locker room. When Al died, Oak played balls to the wall. When Marquis Cooper was lost @ sea, we had the war pigeon incident. Hold it together guys. Through tragedy, character shines. I wish you nothing but the best and I look forward to beating you twice a year... Or @ least I hope.
    Your sentiments are truly appreciated. This is about life not football, so Thank You for taking the time to make a post.

It's unprecedented, I would imagine resignations will be coming. Witnessing something of this nature has changed who pioli and crennel are. As much as we have trashed these two this circumstance no one should have to go through. I imagine crennel and belcher were really really close. F the game it shouldn't be played.

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    I just hope that child didn't see it.

the games on for tomorrow
    If the game is still on, neither team should profit from it. All the proceeds should to organizations that help families of vitvims of murder and organizations dealing with preventing suicides.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

heartbreaking for all those involved. My prayers go out to all of them and there families.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast