Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Crennel has got to go

Default Crennel has got to go

Just to beat a dead horse some more.

Last month, Crennel fired himself as defensive coordinator because he wanted to spend more time and attention on the offense. The Chiefs were averaging 357.5 yards and 16.6 points then. They’re averaging 270.3 yards and 10.3 points since.
    Read more here: Chiefs’ level of incompetence reaches new heights - KansasCity.com

I also heard on the radio today that the Defense since Gibbs has taken over has improved since Crennel handed it over.

The guy took a promising team this year and ran into into the ground. He is old schooled Football and the came has passed him by.

His excuse for keeping Breaston on the side line is that he thought the guys he played gave them a better chance to win. Wow, just think how bad Breaston must be.

From another forum in regards to Romeo according to Marty McDonald of SOC.

"So I mentioned Crennel and a buyout. The guy is just flat out exhausted. I'm hearing some health issues are popping up but Clark is sympathetic to what is going on with Romeo and what he's been through. Basically, for pension purposes (even at vested status), Romeo still needs credit for a full 16-game schedule. This is the deal worked out. It's respectable. And the Chiefs want that #1 pick."

Quote Originally Posted by #58ChiefsFan View Post
    From another forum in regards to Romeo according to Marty McDonald of SOC.

"So I mentioned Crennel and a buyout. The guy is just flat out exhausted. I'm hearing some health issues are popping up but Clark is sympathetic to what is going on with Romeo and what he's been through. Basically, for pension purposes (even at vested status), Romeo still needs credit for a full 16-game schedule. This is the deal worked out. It's respectable. And the Chiefs want that #1 pick."
    This explains a lot. It's about the only explanation.

Yeah I don't know how much stock to put into it but I do know those guys have spent a lot more time looking into this than I ever would. I don't think it's just a fabricated theory.

So you are saying Crennel is probably just going to up and retire at year end and say Health reason to give Pioli and out for hiring him.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    So you are saying Crennel is probably just going to up and retire at year end and say Health reason to give Pioli and out for hiring him.
    I hope that Pioli is gone too. SOC was saying that he made a trip to Dallas, that is were people get fired. So I am hoping he is just riding these last two games out quietly then leaves. Pioli cannot make another HC pick or draft pick. That would be crazy

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    To be honest at his age, level of fitness and given the amount of stress this season has put on him I don't doubt there are health issues. Dudes at retirement age and where we are now doesn't look like an easy fix, who knows how long he was really planning on staying if the plan would have come together.

I agree with Miller that Pioli won't be the one to part ways with RAC.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    I hope that Pioli is gone too. SOC was saying that he made a trip to Dallas, that is were people get fired. So I am hoping he is just riding these last two games out quietly then leaves. Pioli cannot make another HC pick or draft pick. That would be crazy
    I agree w/ you. His drafts have not been very good overall. And i cannot stand anymore of this secret secret "patriot way". I get trying to stay quiet on players if you think someone else might try to grab them but this is just BS. Also why are they afraid to talk about whats going on around the team ? I get seriousness of injuries and actual game plan for upcoming games but we get mostly "pickup those gum wrappers!" ?

Idk how Clark could possibly think the last 4 years has been even remotely enough to keep Pioli after seasons end. But I honestly won't be surprised if he is back next year. If he is it will greatly limit the coaching candidates that will wanna come here. A GM on his last leg, and a team with no real depth. I wouldn't wanna come here and coach for Pioli who could be gone along with you at next seasons end. And I really hate firing a coach after one year, but RAC should never have been named coach anyway, and basically got it by default. BUT... I'd love to beat Denver and knock em outta the 2 seed!!
    Doing my best to keep my sons memory alive!!!

The only way I would want to see Romeo back is that if he was just there as someone to advise the players give them advice and things like that. The week this team needed a leader they played there best game of the season. The rest of the time when they needed a head coach not so good.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast