2006- 6th
    2007- 4th
    2008- 10th

Browns Defense with Romeo as HC:

2005- 16th
    2006- 27th
    2007- 30th
    2008- 26th

Read into it what you want or don't want.....

Quote Originally Posted by dbolan View Post
    TOTAL DEFENSIVE RANKINGS

Romeo with the Pats as DC:

2001- 24th (SB Year)
    2002- 23rd (SB Year)
    2003- 7th
    2004- 9th (SB Year)

Pats After Romeo:

2005- 26th
    2006- 6th
    2007- 4th
    2008- 10th

2005- 16th
    2006- 27th
    2007- 30th
    2008- 26th

god someone turn that stick in your @$$. Hes our head coach get over it! never been more annoyed by another chiefs fan. Did you watch the players after the packers win? Did you see dj finally got a pro bowl? Add Berry best secondary hands down*as long as we bring carr back* we will bring in a good oc and have a nicer schedule then last year. As long as the end of the world dosen't happen will be in the playoffs next year

TOTAL DEFENSIVE RANKINGS

2001- 24th (SB Year)
    2002- 23rd (SB Year)
    2003- 7th
    2004- 9th (SB Year)

Pats After Romeo:

2005- 26th
    2006- 6th
    2007- 4th
    2008- 10th

2005- 16th
    2006- 27th
    2007- 30th
    2008- 26th

OK. That's total defense, Let's see points allowed, same seasons:

2001- 6th (SB Year)
    2002- 17th (SB Year)
    2003- 1st
    2004- 2nd (SB Year)

Pats After Romeo:

2005- 17th
    2006- 2nd
    2007- 4th
    2008- 8th

2005- 11th
    2006- 22nd
    2007- 21st
    2008- 16th

Not that bad. Maybe, are other factors to be included.
    The best Chilean fan.
    Follow me on twitter @ChileanChief

Quote Originally Posted by pojote View Post
    OK. That's total defense, Let's see points allowed, same seasons:

2001- 6th (SB Year)
    2002- 17th (SB Year)
    2003- 1st
    2004- 2nd (SB Year)

Pats After Romeo:

2005- 17th
    2006- 2nd
    2007- 4th
    2008- 8th

2005- 11th
    2006- 22nd
    2007- 21st
    2008- 16th

Not that bad. Maybe, are other factors to be included.
    2000 Patriots - 17th ... Add Crennel ... 6th (+9)
    2004 Patriots - 2nd ... Subtract Crennel ... 17th (-15)

2004 Browns - 24th ... Add Crennel ... 11th (+13)
    2008 Browns - 16th ... Subtract Crennel ... 21st (-5)

2009 Chiefs - 29th ... Add Crennel ... 11th (+18)

That is an average of gaining 13 spots by adding Crennel as your DC/HC, and an average loss of 10 spots by subtracting him.

I am not ready to drop 10 points from our 11th place ranking for next year. And if the "adding Crennel" rule is in effect for going from DC to HC, we stand to gain 13 spots, except that we can only go up ten spots, because he has us at 11th for 2011, despite the two disasters that we started out with.

Even in a half capacity, we stand to gain 6 spots, leaving us at 5th.

Sounds pretty good to me.

Stats are for team defense, points allowed per game....

NFL Stats: by Team Category

Last edited by chief31; 01-10-2012 at 05:47 PM.

TOTAL DEFENSIVE RANKINGS

2001- 24th (SB Year)
    2002- 23rd (SB Year)
    2003- 7th
    2004- 9th (SB Year)

Pats After Romeo:

2005- 26th
    2006- 6th
    2007- 4th
    2008- 10th

2005- 16th
    2006- 27th
    2007- 30th
    2008- 26th

I see you conveniently left out his stats with the Chiefs. We were 14th in 2010 and 11th this year. These would be the most important stats since he won't be coaching the Browns or the Patriots defense in KC and the Chiefs defense has gotten better each of the last 3 seasons.
    ***Official Chiefs Crowd Game Thread Starter***

This space is reserved for something that has nothing whatsoever to do with MatthewsChiefs. (Whoever THAT is!)

I can't say I'm too thrilled with RAC as the head coach. Not against it. Just not excited.

But Y'know....I'm a Chiefs fan!!! And I support whoever management selects as head coach.

Horrible to say...but....just win baby!

Quote Originally Posted by whackojacko58 View Post
    god someone turn that stick in your @$$. Hes our head coach get over it! never been more annoyed by another chiefs fan. Did you watch the players after the packers win? Did you see dj finally got a pro bowl? Add Berry best secondary hands down*as long as we bring carr back* we will bring in a good oc and have a nicer schedule then last year. As long as the end of the world dosen't happen will be in the playoffs next year
    I think you are being the Pr*ck now....I can post my opinion here just as well as YOU! Just because i see it from a different viewpoint there is nothing to get OVER.

Maybe you and others just need to accept that I DON'T agree with your RC bandwagoning and stop bashing me for a simple presentation of factual numbers!

I admit I am not happy with the choice and have said that I HOPE I AM WRONG!

Have a beer and chill....

Quote Originally Posted by TopekaRoy View Post
    I see you conveniently left out his stats with the Chiefs. We were 14th in 2010 and 11th this year. These would be the most important stats since he won't be coaching the Browns or the Patriots defense in KC and the Chiefs defense has gotten better each of the last 3 seasons.

No I did not "conveniently" leave them out. The arguments have been primarily based on his tenure at NE and how he is going to be a great HC.

That is why I posted that data.

If you want to go there....He has MORE talent on the Chiefs defensive roster than he has had ANYWHERE which in turn, makes me cringe at the blowouts the D suffered on several ocassions but again, that is nothing and I am wrong...

I must remember that there are plenty of "holy'er than thou" members around here that will never accept anyone else's opinion other tha their own, or following the lead of their "buddy".

So be it...My island is peaceful!

No I did not "conveniently" leave them out. The arguments have been primarily based on his tenure at NE and how he is going to be a great HC.

That is why I posted that data.

If you want to go there....He has MORE talent on the Chiefs defensive roster than he has had ANYWHERE which in turn, makes me cringe at the blowouts the D suffered on several ocassions but again, that is nothing and I am wrong...

I must remember that there are plenty of "holy'er than thou" members around here that will never accept anyone else's opinion other tha their own, or following the lead of their "buddy".

So be it...My island is peaceful!
    So when someone gives their opinion u say its crap because ur son plays the entire game....thats hypocritical man. A man wins 5 superbowl rings 5 of them and u want t discredit that because u think he will fail as chiefs hc, if thats not holy'r than thou i dont know what is.

Fact is romeo has had cleveland only winning record, with marginal talent, since returning to the nfl. Fact is he has won 5 superbowlls, fact is new england hasnt won one since he left, fact is he has taken a defense that was dead last in the league to being ranked 11 and is on the brink of being dominant. If ur gonna be factual than be factual but plucking out data to support your opinion is being a politician. Be objective hes done a lot of good that u havent given any credit to. No one is perfect no one

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post
    So when someone gives their opinion u say its crap because ur son plays the entire game....thats hypocritical man. A man wins 5 superbowl rings 5 of them and u want t discredit that because u think he will fail as chiefs hc, if thats not holy'r than thou i dont know what is.

Fact is romeo has had cleveland only winning record, with marginal talent, since returning to the nfl. Fact is he has won 5 superbowlls, fact is new england hasnt won one since he left, fact is he has taken a defense that was dead last in the league to being ranked 11 and is on the brink of being dominant. If ur gonna be factual than be factual but plucking out data to support your opinion is being a politician. Be objective hes done a lot of good that u havent given any credit to. No one is perfect no one
    No...I just know an EXCUSE when I see it. I have not personally attacked any the posters here, just expressed my thoughts and opinions.

I NEVER have said he has done a sh*tty job here (but think he could do better and don't think he will be a good HC) or anywhere else other than Cleveland and that is why is is no longer there. Period.

The data I pulled WAS total defensive ranking for his tenure at NE a Cleveland. Add KC to the mix, fine with me!! This D should be ranked high with the talent WE HAVE!!

Again, I hope he succeeds for the TEAM but I have my doubts.

How many times have you suited up AND been involved in coaching????

Quote Originally Posted by nigeriannightmare View Post

Would also like to add (to the fact that NE hasn't won a SB since he was there)

If anyone can remember, the Pats back then were good because of their decent Defensive play (not saying their offense couldn't get it done, they were good) but they weren't putting the numbers they has these past few seasons. Their Defense was stout, the scores were lower, and they had a higher turnover ratios.

I've heard Teddy Bruschi talking about it on ESPN, so I have to think that he did play a critical role in those super bowl seasons.

Romeo's tenure in NE (3 SB's in 4 seasons)

2001:
    Points allowed per game- 17 (6th)
    Offensive Points per game- 23.2 (6th)

2002:
    Points allowed per game- 21.6 (17th)
    Offensive Points per game- 23.8 (10th)

2003:
    Points allowed per game- 14.9 (1st)
    Offensive Points per game- 21.8 (16th)

2004:
    Points allowed per game- 16.2 (2nd)
    Offensive Points per game- 27.3 (4th)