Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Shanahan in contact with Chiefs

Default Shanahan in contact with Chiefs

I have never posted here, but i came into some really good news for our Chiefs and i had to share it.
    I doubt this is true, but i have it on really good sources that Mike Shanahan has been in contact with the Chiefs and is interested in becoming our new coach.
    My sister is a really good friend with Mike's daughter Krystal, and because of that, Krystal told my sister about her dad's plans. He has said he plans to take a year off from coaching unless a team or opportunity really interested him, and our team interested him.
    right now he is just in the beginning of talks with the team, but is intrigued because of the new stadium coming soon and the young talent on the team.

again this might be bogus, but it makes sense, and how great would it be to stick it to the donks twice a year?

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I think that will happen once we settle on a new GM.
    Yeah but not sure why Clark didn't release Herm after the season unless he has plans to keep him. To keep Herm dangling on a string like that seems almost cruel and unusual punishment. I think Herm is staying.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    Yeah but not sure why Clark didn't release Herm after the season unless he has plans to keep him. To keep Herm dangling on a string like that seems almost cruel and unusual punishment. I think Herm is staying.
    I'd tend to agree. I think Hunt has enough respect for Herm to release him as soon as the season were over if he intended on releasing him.

I do think Herm is the right guy to rebuild this franchise. Just like Schott was the right guy to do it in the 90's here and the 00's in San Diego. I'm just not sure he can go to the Super Bowl. I haven't seen him coach a REAL team. Most of his teams have been decimated by injuries. I don't think he's had enough around him during his career as a coach to get a good read on what he can do with a real team.

The thing about retaining Herm this year though, is that this team is going to show some dramatic improvement next season and if they happen to make the playoffs in this weak division, it could be grounds for another multi-year contract. So, it's a tough situation.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    I'd tend to agree. I think Hunt has enough respect for Herm to release him as soon as the season were over if he intended on releasing him.

I do think Herm is the right guy to rebuild this franchise. Just like Schott was the right guy to do it in the 90's here and the 00's in San Diego. I'm just not sure he can go to the Super Bowl. I haven't seen him coach a REAL team. Most of his teams have been decimated by injuries. I don't think he's had enough around him during his career as a coach to get a good read on what he can do with a real team.

The thing about retaining Herm this year though, is that this team is going to show some dramatic improvement next season and if they happen to make the playoffs in this weak division, it could be grounds for another multi-year contract. So, it's a tough situation.
    And if this is the case then this could be THE reason we don't have our new GM hired yet. Seems strange to fire a 20 year GM and retain a 3 year HC that that same GM brought in. I'm beginning to think that Carl bowed out on his own...
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    And if this is the case then this could be THE reason we don't have our new GM hired yet. Seems strange to fire a 20 year GM and retain a 3 year HC that that same GM brought in. I'm beginning to think that Carl bowed out on his own...
    Hey, maybe Hunt gives Herm GM duties if he can't find the right candidate or just goes Jerry Jones on us for a couple years and becomes the GM himself. (I highly doubt that though).

Herm Edwards WAS asked at his season wrap-up interview about becoming a GM and he said that could be in his future. He had a sly little smirk on his face when he said, "I've been trained by one of the best."

This little exchange has stuck in my head. Maybe its nothing, but for some reason, it's something I can't forget.

Hey, maybe Hunt gives Herm GM duties if he can't find the right candidate or just goes Jerry Jones on us for a couple years and becomes the GM himself. (I highly doubt that though).

Herm Edwards WAS asked at his season wrap-up interview about becoming a GM and he said that could be in his future. He had a sly little smirk on his face when he said, "I've been trained by one of the best."

This little exchange has stuck in my head. Maybe its nothing, but for some reason, it's something I can't forget.
    If that happens, shoot me now.
    THAT quarterback is NOT a Pro Bowl quarterback. Never was and never will be.

Oh no! Clark is just putting on this search for a new GM show for the fans benefit and all along Herm is the man? Say it can't happen!?
    SHUT IT

If it's true then awesome, and if it's not then no problem with me. Shanahan is a proven winner, but he does have his flaws, such as no knowledge of defense at all. I would like him because I feel like if we got him, we'd get that spark during division rivalry games that we had back when Mary coached us.
    Last edited by Coach; 01-10-2009 at 09:43 AM.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

Edited thread. Stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    Edited thread. Stay on topic.
    Yes boss!!
    The only reason a beer sweats around Canada is because he's decided it will be the next beer he drinks.

this guy is a farse. If you dont have a source that is reputable that you can link us to , then feel free not to post.Ok.TYVM!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast