Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Raiders

Default Raiders

Wow they did not look good tonight, lets hope they keep up the good work.

After seeing that, and seeing the Chiefs really look good, I hope we can take this division this year and do something in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by tornadospotter View Post
    There you go being a Raider again! LOL, have a frosty on my tab, for being a fan.
    Here's to rivalries! Without them, football would not be the same!

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

To anyone saying Preseason matters or shows what your team will look like, remember when detroit went 4-0 in the preseason....then they lost every regular season game

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    To anyone saying Preseason matters or shows what your team will look like, remember when detroit went 4-0 in the preseason....then they lost every regular season game
    +1. It's the preseason. Take it all with a grain of salt...

IMHO the Raiders have a really good defensive line. They won't be pushovers. Carson Palmer has one or two years left in the tank. It'll be interesting to see how the Raiders change without creepy Uncle Al running the show.

Another thing that concerns me is the fact they, like the Chiefs, have skirted under the radar as far as press coverage goes.

Quote Originally Posted by doobs_05 View Post
    for anyone who thinks the pre season doesnt mean anything look at last years rams,bucs,redskins,chiefs games from last year and see how they started off. you can get a feel for what the starters are going to do the other two quarters are just people trying to make the team

Quote Originally Posted by slc chief View Post
    for anyone who thinks the pre season doesnt mean anything look at last years rams,bucs,redskins,chiefs games from last year and see how they started off. you can get a feel for what the starters are going to do the other two quarters are just people trying to make the team
    The preseason does have some meaning as far coaches evaluating talent, and players wanting to make the team. The preseason is NOT a good indicator as to how well a team may do in the RS. What you don't want to see is you're team get manhandled at the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball.....that IS something that will carry over into the RS. If there is a preseason game that may give you a glimpse of things to come, it would be the 3rd PS game. Even with that, it's hard to tell. People who have watch football for 30+ years like myself may tend to agree.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Throw out anything after the first team comes out of the preseason games.

Game 1 with the starters does gauge how your training camp is going.

The W/L record doesn't mean anything, since your actual team is only on the field for part of each game.

But having your starters making solid plays and beating other starters in one-on-one situations, or just running good routes, throwing good passes, making tough cuts, or reads is extremely telling of what your team is capable of doing when the season starts.

But it certainly does not mean that your starters WILL perform at the same level during the season as they do during the reason.

The games don't count. And even the plays do not count. But having the team playing well together is a very good sign.

Myself, I would never get too excited, nor worried about preseason results. Only if all four games are to one extreme. (Last years Chiefs are a good example.)

here is what i have gathered from this years pre season.

the cards need to improve there qb situation

the cowboys dont have an offensive line

the chiefs starters looked great with there execution

the raiders need a few more games to figure it out

and i am already sick of all the manning talk

Noodle Neck news is getting tiresome.

Here's the gist of NFL network news.....Manning....Manning.......20 secs of another team....Pats....Jets....Pats....Cowboys....Pats... .Tebow.........TEBOW....Jets....Manning....20 secs to spare for another NFL team....then the cycle continues.

(Bill Williamson, ESPN)

If pay-ton does stay healthy does it bring instant credibility to whichever AFC West team knocks them out of the playoffs? I never considered the AFC South a powerhouse yet the dolts got a lot of credit for owning that division.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast