Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ty Warren cut by Patriots

Default Ty Warren cut by Patriots

He's only 30 and, when healthy, one of the absolute best defensive ends in the league for the 3-4. Coming off a hip injury that kept him out of the entire season, so maybe we could get him on the cheap for the rotation?

This and Franklin would seriously beef up our run defense.

Throw in Tulloch and this defense is a force to be reckoned with.

(PS - I love how I say "throw in Tulloch" as if he isn't the top linebacker in free agency - you know, just a whim. Like gum at the register)

Quote Originally Posted by SAPHOJUNKIE View Post
    He's only 30 and, when healthy, one of the absolute best defensive ends in the league for the 3-4. Coming off a hip injury that kept him out of the entire season, so maybe we could get him on the cheap for the rotation?

This and Franklin would seriously beef up our run defense.

Throw in Tulloch and this defense is a force to be reckoned with.

(PS - I love how I say "throw in Tulloch" as if he isn't the top linebacker in free agency - you know, just a whim. Like gum at the register)
    Why did they let him go? Was he too high in salary??

I wouldn't complain... especially since Shaun Smith just left us, we have an open rotation spot at DE.

That would suck thought if both TW and TJ were out due to hip injuries! haha j/k

I'm all for it!

The chiefs have trimmed to much fat from there salary.They have alot to spend and this would be a good time to do it.THere is a few names out there that you havent hurd much about and your not finding much on what ,the Chiefs are doing.They are going to bring in a few big names.you just watch and see.I know it's not pioli's style,but the have to spend the cap money.So just be patient and let the big names come in.There will be some on offense and D-fense.I think we get a big name OL also.Like a justin Blalock.I don't think he has been signed by anyone.He is a stud from Atlanta.THe Chargers and the Riaders arent going to punk us anymore.If my feeling comes true.I think that rookie feee agent David mims is going to make the team also.He is huge and looks to use his body well and move his feet well.His sills off blockers,in the run game.6'8" 335 pounds tackle.It will all come together guys.

With the young tallent we have and the cap money that we MUST spend, we are really only a couple of free agents away from being a real contender.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    With the young tallent we have and the cap money that we MUST spend, we are really only a couple of free agents away from being a real contender.
    That is what I think too but Clark needs to get it in his head the only way the Chiefs will make a Super Bowl is bringing in great free agents and not just relying on the draft. Its funny how we now have the nickname KC CHEAPS.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefsrule View Post
    That is what I think too but Clark needs to get it in his head the only way the Chiefs will make a Super Bowl is bringing in great free agents and not just relying on the draft. Its funny how we now have the nickname KC CHEAPS.
    I think the new minimum payroll requirements in the new CBA will force us to go after some FAs. Besides....I think Pioli wants a Suber Bowl every bit as much as we do.

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    I think the new minimum payroll requirements in the new CBA will force us to go after some FAs. Besides....I think Pioli wants a Suber Bowl every bit as much as we do.
    Unfortunately I hear that doesn't take effect for two more years. Funny how we were one of the reasons they came up with the minimum payroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Seek View Post
    Why did they let him go? Was he too high in salary??
    They are moving to a 4-3, hence the Haynesworth trade and cutting Tully Banta-Cain.

Like you'd expect, Belichick is staying one step ahead of the league. Everyone is going to be clamoring for 3-4 defensive linemen and linebackers, and he'll get true 4-3 DE and MLB on the cheap.

We SHOULD be doing the same. C'est la Chiefs.

Interesting... He left the donks and the texans without signing..

Former Patriots DE Ty Warren Reportedly Visiting Chiefs - Arrowhead Pride

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast