Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253 LastLast

Thread: Offical Draft day thread

Default Offical Draft day thread

The draft is finally here. It's going to be a fun night to talk some football. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    He'll have to prove it. In 2010, Moeaki was great as a blocker and receiver. He showed flashes of it coming back in 2012, but I agree, he must stay healthy. The reason I don't agree with the Kelce pick is because, if healthy, I trust Moeaki a heck of a lot more than some rookie. Until he unseats Moeaki, we'll have wasted an early 3rd round pick on a backup.

The only obvious starters the Chiefs picked up from this draft are Fisher and Johnson. With the #1 overall pick, that's terrible.
    Throw in our new QB Smith as a starter in this draft, we gave up a 2nd round pick for him so that is 3 starters and I think smith is as good as any QB in this draft, I might end up wrong but time will tell although at least one of the QBs drafted will probably pan out.

Here's a You Tube vid of the Chiefs last draft pick Mike Catapano. Obviously, it's going to be a whole different world going against NFL starting Tackles, but at 6-3 and 271 lbs he does run a 4.7, did 33 bench press reps at 225lbs & I like his relentless pursuit.

Quote Originally Posted by N TX Dave View Post
    Throw in our new QB Smith as a starter in this draft, we gave up a 2nd round pick for him so that is 3 starters and I think smith is as good as any QB in this draft, I might end up wrong but time will tell although at least one of the QBs drafted will probably pan out.
    Alex Smith may be better than any QB in the draft currently, but I'd argue that Geno and EJ Manuel will probably be better than him within a year or two.
    C:\Users\Master Sin\Desktop\thumb_pl_180492.jpg

If we do end up keeping albert i think this draft is a good and solid one and we finally have some depth.

Other then the TE and Mr fumbles..I give it a B.. with those 2 a solid D

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    You're the only guy in world who would say that after the Chiefs signed a 1st round pick, a 2nd round pick, and now drafted a CB in the draft, that his team "did nothing' to improve the CB spot. What a joke.

Trollish behavior.

Did you not see that list? How is signing Sean Smith who was beaten for more first downs than anyone in the league an improvement? He also is number 1 on the list in combined first downs and touchdowns allowed. Dunta Robinson is also very high on that list, and I should think we upgraded at the cb position?

Really?

I actually like the TE pick from Cincy, it's probably a bit high but he seems athletic and is a good blocker. I'm not so confident in Moeaki anymore since that knee injury. He just doesn't move/look the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Three7s View Post
    Alex Smith may be better than any QB in the draft currently, but I'd argue that Geno and EJ Manuel will probably be better than him within a year or two.
    Alex is Geno's ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by MyManHali View Post
    Did you not see that list? How is signing Sean Smith who was beaten for more first downs than anyone in the league an improvement? He also is number 1 on the list in combined first downs and touchdowns allowed. Dunta Robinson is also very high on that list, and I should think we upgraded at the cb position?

Really?
    You know, it might help your overall outlook in life if you at least factored in SOME positives instead of magnifying the negatives to the point where you can't even see anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by texaschief View Post
    You know, it might help your overall outlook in life if you at least factored in SOME positives instead of magnifying the negatives to the point where you can't even see anything else.

Read my post above.