Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joplin, MO. May 22, 2011

Default Joplin, MO. May 22, 2011

Requesting Prayer and good thoughts for all of those affected by the numerous tornadoes.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQnvxJZucds"]http://www.youtu.be/cQnvxJZucds[/ame]

I am so thankful that my brother and his family are safe! But I just so filled with sadness for what happened here, in a area that I lived in and love. I pray for all in that area. The wall cloud went right over my brothers house, then the tornado formed, and grew. That hospital is where my brothers wife work for.
    Last edited by tornadospotter; 05-23-2011 at 11:18 PM.

I can't seem to focus on anything but the Joplin tornado...very tragic and upsetting in many aspects. I've been following web pages and news since last night. I was hoping and praying my initial thoughts were wrong once seeing some photo's online of destroyed areas...which indicated the tornado was much more powerful than the F3 first reported. I knew the destruction and loss of life would be greater if it was an F4-5 which photo's of damage indicated it surely was.

I know hindsight can't bring back lives, but how many lives will be lost before officials of cities/towns located in the heart of tornado alley...realize that they need to put forth much effort with educating the public on tornado safety, basic facts related that many are clueless of, which cost lives? When will they realize we need stricter building codes, especially for commerical and retail structures? Officials need to work with organizations such as Red Cross, the Salvation Army...to educate the naive well meaning public who impulsively travel to a disaster area without pre-authorization to volunteer...that by doing so they tremendously interfere and hinder search and rescue attempts by those who are qualified and trained for such. Unauthorized volunteers can make matters worse, not better...the exact opposite of their well meaning attempts because they simply are naive and don't know better.

Every year prior to tornado season I try to inform of safety facts related to tornado's...such as complacency towards watches and warnings costs lives...no if's and's or butt's. I know most pay me no attention, thinking it will never happen to them. It's being widely reported the Joplin area sirens rang at least 20 minutes prior to the tornado striking. If those reports are accurate, many lives lost they say were a result of complacency. :(

My prayers and thoughts are most definitely with the victims and their loved ones, and all affected by this most recent tornado related tragedy. :(

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

PS: I'm relieved you and yours are okay Chiefster. I know you don't live in Joplin, but also know you are in that area on the KS side.

"Official Chiefs Crowd / Historian/Correspondent / Ambassador"

"The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall. The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it." ~Vince Lombardi~

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    I can't seem to focus on anything but the Joplin tornado...very tragic and upsetting in many aspects. I've been following web pages and news since last night. I was hoping and praying my initial thoughts were wrong once seeing some photo's online of destroyed areas...which indicated the tornado was much more powerful than the F3 first reported. I knew the destruction and loss of life would be greater if it was an F4-5 which photo's of damage indicated it surely was.

I know hindsight can't bring back lives, but how many lives will be lost before officials of cities/towns located in the heart of tornado alley...realize that they need to put forth much effort with educating the public on tornado safety, basic facts related that many are clueless of, which cost lives? When will they realize we need stricter building codes, especially for commerical and retail structures? Officials need to work with organizations such as Red Cross, the Salvation Army...to educate the naive well meaning public who impulsively travel to a disaster area without pre-authorization to volunteer...that by doing so they tremendously interfere and hinder search and rescue attempts by those who are qualified and trained for such. Unauthorized volunteers can make matters worse, not better...the exact opposite of their well meaning attempts because they simply are naive and don't know better.

Every year prior to tornado season I try to inform of safety facts related to tornado's...such as complacency towards watches and warnings costs lives...no if's and's or butt's. I know most pay me no attention, thinking it will never happen to them. It's being widely reported the Joplin area sirens rang at least 20 minutes prior to the tornado striking. If those reports are accurate, many lives lost they say were a result of complacency. :(

My prayers and thoughts are most definitely with the victims and their loved ones, and all affected by this most recent tornado related tragedy. :(
    You are so right Connie! The best way people can help is by staying away and letting the first responders do their jobs. Area Red Cross organizations is also a viable way to assist those in need. O- blood is what is most being sought after right now. One can also go to American Red Cross and make online monetary donations.

Quote Originally Posted by Connie Jo View Post
    PS: I'm relieved you and yours are okay Chiefster. I know you don't live in Joplin, but also know you are in that area on the KS side.
    Thank you Connie; We have been very fortunate and blessed.

the Chiefs are making a 35,000 dollar contribution to this disaster

Chiefs Announce Disaster Relief Plans

Additionally, they and their media partners are teaming with the Salvation Army – Midland Division to hold a bottled-water drive at Arrowhead Stadium for individuals in Kansas City to assist victims in the tornado-ravaged areas.
    story

the team also helped out in 07 when Greensburg ks was flattened by an F5

here are 5 youtube's of the disaster in joplin. including the twister itself

link
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Quote Originally Posted by kcvet View Post
    the Chiefs are making a 35,000 dollar contribution to this disaster

Chiefs Announce Disaster Relief Plans

story

the team also helped out in 07 when Greensburg ks was flattened by an F5

here are 5 youtube's of the disaster in joplin. including the twister itself

link
    Thanks kcvet!

Default Oklahoma May 24, 2011

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZlGrTpXS4U"]YouTube - ‪May 24, 2011 Oklahoma tornado outbreak!‬‏[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    that makes the crap run up my throat just watching it
    http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1540&dateline=1380047  325]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast