Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The future

Default The future

If this team continues to grow and improve, despite the win/loss record, I am extremely hopeful for the coming seasons.

I can't stop thinking of how much we will gain during the 2012 offseason.

Along with another new draft class, a year under the belt of our current rookie crop, and another free agent period, we are going to gain a top 5 pick (Erric Berry), a player who is well worth a no.1 overall pick (Charles), and a TE who well exceeded his third round draft position.

With the emergence of Jackie Battle, partnering him with Charles could become one of the deadliest "thunder and lightning" combos that any team has seen in a long time.

Add the receiving threat of Moeaki to Bowe, Breaston, and a rising Johnathan Baldwin, and the passing weapons will be quite formidable.

And getting Berry back, with the way this defense has been performing, I can see this team challenging the elite teams of the league, on a regular basis.

Add a new draft class, and the sky's the limit.

But let's not forget that this team is in a great position to challenge for the post-season before we even get those players back.

At this point, it would take a complete meltdown, for the rest of the season, to dampen the outlook for the future.

Feeling pretty good about this team right now.

Here's to the future.

Great post! The future looks bright!

The scary thing is this team has turned it around without one of the top players on offense and defense. Can't wait to see what this team looks like going forward.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Very solid post. This team has indeed built a solid foundation upon which they can just improve through good draft classes in future years.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Add the receiving threat of Moeaki to Bowe, Breaston, and a rising Johnathan Baldwin, and the passing weapons will be quite formidable.
    How high of a priority do you think resigning Bowe will be? This team is still pretty well under the cap, and I could see a 4-5 year deal to keep him a Chief until 32-33. The bigger issue is that he's likely to command a lot of money on the open market, perhaps even more than the organization would want to pay a veteran WR.

Don't get me wrong, I think he "probably" deserves a big contract. But I'm also very skeptical when it comes to big contracts to wide receivers, as it just seems like most never live up to it. I could definitely see the organization thinking they are set with Baldwin/Breaston (though it's way too early to tell if that's true) that they could part ways.

It's hard to imagine Bowe in another uniform, but the more I think about it, I think it could be an unfortunate reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryfo18 View Post
    Very solid post. This team has indeed built a solid foundation upon which they can just improve through good draft classes in future years.

How high of a priority do you think resigning Bowe will be? This team is still pretty well under the cap, and I could see a 4-5 year deal to keep him a Chief until 32-33. The bigger issue is that he's likely to command a lot of money on the open market, perhaps even more than the organization would want to pay a veteran WR.

Don't get me wrong, I think he "probably" deserves a big contract. But I'm also very skeptical when it comes to big contracts to wide receivers, as it just seems like most never live up to it. I could definitely see the organization thinking they are set with Baldwin/Breaston (though it's way too early to tell if that's true) that they could part ways.

It's hard to imagine Bowe in another uniform, but the more I think about it, I think it could be an unfortunate reality.

They better make resigning Bowe mission number 1. I don't think it will be to much of an issue. Charles,Hali both have signed deals with not much of a issue. Pioli seems to be good at keep talent
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

As they have young talent. And also a franchise QB. As hopefully they will get to the playoffs again. Take it one game at a time.
    ​Happy Halloween 2021

My daughter really loves "little Turbo" aka Dexter and man did he shine in overtime! Way to go turbo!

When we drafted Moeaki, he had a reputation of missing games due to injury. And it seems to have followed him here. I like him when he's on the field and healthy. He can be a great attribute to our team - when he's on the field.
    SHUT IT

The main thing for the immediate future that I see as important is that we not take the Dolphins or Broncos for granted. Only one team has ever gone 0-16, and that said- every crappy team that gets one or two wins gets them somewhere.

I don't want them getting their one of their few wins in KC.

JB

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast