Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Two words Chiefs fans...

Default Two words Chiefs fans...

Halftime Adjustments......the biggest difference in this game. KC was hanging with Atl. But the Falcons were to make the right adjustments at halftime. That falls on the HC.

Best tradition:... I have to go with the Oakland Raiders. How can that be disputed? ...Everyone equates the colors Silver and Black with the Raiders. There’s Al Davis, who has been with the franchise for 48 years. There are all the great Hall of Fame players,...There’s the three Super Bowl titles. You think of the AFC West, and you think of the Raiders.
    (Bill Williamson, ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by My Man Orton View Post
    But he's been good with Palmer
    I didn't even think about that, but I think both He and Palmer's best (and even mediocre) days are behind them.

Cassel beat them? This organization is in shambles and you know it. Scott Pioli, the so called drafting genius, after almost botching an entire 2009 draft is finally seeing what he has created. Out of all of his draft picks and offseasons he has aquired 1 pro bowl player for us, and that has been Berry, Cassel is still the questionable qb here and has failed to play well against good teams and actually beat those teams. He has 2 wins against winning teams as a Chief the past 2.5 seasons.

Now we are waiting for 2 players from the HERM era to turn around this defense, are we not? Hali and Flowers.
    Yes, in the first half Cassel was freaking awesome. I would not have traded him for any other QB.

I understand your have a very strong hatred towards all things on this team including Pioli, Cassel, the 4th stringers, the water boy, players that left... Fact of the matter, Cassel was killing the Falcons the first half and that is the only reason this game was close for as long as it was.

You are blindly pointing all of the blame at one person, when I will tell you that if Cassel had an offensive line that will gave him time, and a OC that knew what he was doing such as Weis. He would be fine, but if you want to just look at the final results of the team and blame one guy. That is fine, and it is your choice, but dont get upset when people get sick and tired of your constant BLIND beating a dead horse BS opinion over and over again. We don't come here to have you complain in every thread about the same stupid stuff when it has little merit as most people see beyond ONE guy.

The mere fact that you trash Cassel so much and have a name supporting a guy exactly like Cassle screams I am a troll just posting BS on this forum. Yet, most trolls don't waste as much time as you do and eventually get bored and move on until they have another reason to pop up again.

Really? Because Dunta Robinson, Atlanta's third corner could start in this league
    Here is exactly what I am talking about. When would Pioli have signed this 3rd stringer Dunta Robinson to be depth for the Chiefs... When he is signed with the Falcons for Not 3rd string money, not back up money not even starter money but top of the position money.

On March 5, 2010, as an unrestricted free agent, Robinson signed a six-year contract with the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atlanta...cons[/COLO worth $57 million with $22.5 million in guaranteed money. According to NFL.com journalist Steve Wyche, it is the 2nd highest contract for a corner back in NFL history (only behind http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nnamdi_...ugha[/COLO).

3rd string depth are players just drafted waiting to develop into possible starters but contribute on special teams. You get them from the draft or UFA rookies. There is also the 2nd, 3rd and 4th chance players just waiting for things to click. You hope one of them sticks.

Reality is out there. Look for it.
    Last edited by Seek; 09-12-2012 at 01:48 PM.

The fact is he is 1-9 against playoff teams in a Chief uniform (with average ratings in the low 60s) he also only has 2 wins against teams with winning records, we beat the bad and lose to the good, it's the same ol sh** with this regime
    Again, I don't see this as one person's fault. The team was completely blown up by Herm Edwards and this year is the first time since then that we have been able to go into camp knowing there was still some holes to fill instead of trying to fill the entire team with the exception of a few positions.

The offensive line was complete crap. It has been completely remade and is still developing with youth and now has some Young depth. Cassel actually had time to throw the ball without pressure immediately this week until the second half when we even struggled running.

We actually had to cut many receivers that I would have liked to keep simply because there was not room. Before, we switched them out after every other game as a trial run.

We have three possibly four decent running backs. Last year, we had one and he got hurt...

So why you see 1-9 as it being Cassel. I see it as a team game becuase that is what the NFL is. It is not golf.

The point I am making about depth at corner. The Chiefs drafted it and they got hurt. You don't just find 3rd string help in FA like Dunta without paying for them and moving them to a starting role.

You need to get your facts straight before making posts like the one above

Stanford Routt signed with KC almost 2 months before Carr became a FA. Maybe KC assured him they wouldn't re-sign Carr, but the fact is he joined the team as a 3rd CB.

Routt's contract is also very team friendly if he's released after the first year, so if he did perform poorly or decided we needed to go in another direction, we could have released him and still retain some much needed depth in the cb position this year
    You are supporting the FACTS. Brandon Carr had ZERO intentions of signing with the Chiefs dating back to two years ago. He made this clear to the Chiefs so they signed Routt as his replacment months before Carr was a FA. The Chiefs tried to retain Carr, but could only franchise one player and they chose to franchise Bowe.

More than one source in the local media is reporting this every time someone like you complains that the Chiefs didn't want to retain Carr.

Here's the thing with Carr Bowe and the whole Franchise tag. We were never going to give Carr what he wanted. He wanted to be paid like a number 1 when he was our 2. Flowers had proven better then Carr. We tagged Bowe Because we had the better chance to lock him up. It would be stupid to pay 2 cbs number 1 money. ANd whatever money we gave to Carr Flowers would have then wanted more. Then if we do that we wouldn't have the money in the cap to lock up some of our other players are are coming up on needing to be resigned and we would here the whining about not keeping our guys. We did the smart thing. Carr had not proven he was a number 1 cb and still hasn't maybe he will but we didn't pay a guy number 1 money before he proved he was a 1. I don't think that is a bad move at all
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I dont like Cassel based on his play the previous 2.5 seasons, I never blamed him for the loss this past sunday, I have previously stated I blame the secondary (All of which are Pioli players)

Yes Cassel did play well, for a whole half

The fact is he is 1-9 against playoff teams in a Chief uniform (with average ratings in the low 60s) he also only has 2 wins against teams with winning records, we beat the bad and lose to the good, it's the same ol sh** with this regime
    And yet it's still better then the last regime. Even before this regimes players have all had a chance to develop and adjust to being NFL players.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    And yet it's still better then the last regime. Even before this regimes players have all had a chance to develop and adjust to being NFL players.
    You mean going from 4-12 to 2-14, to 4-12, and 10-6 is doing better. According to my math....what am I talking about MMO doesn't understand math. he cant possibly see the improvement there.

21-27 under Pioli and it will get worse than that this year, if that is a considerable improvement to you then we will have to accept mediocrity for forever.
    Ya know....

This really isn't even amusing anymore.

21-27 is not an improvement over 10-38 now?

And this endless repetition of the same exact anti-Chiefs sentiments....

How many times can you type in the exact same point of "beat bad teams, not good teams..."?

You used to be an amusement around here. Like "come and witness the horrors a crowd member who refuses reality!" But it doesn't change. You briefly soften up on the reversal of logic. But here you are back the same old BS again.......

As far as I am concerned, you have just run your course here.
    Last edited by chief31; 09-15-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by chief31 View Post
    Ya know....

This really isn't even amusing anymore.

21-27 is not an improvement over 10-38 now?

And this endless repetition of the same exact anti-Chiefs sentimentss....

How many times can type in the exact same point of "beat bad teams, not good teams..."?

You used to be an amusement around here. Like "come and witness the horrors a crowd member who refuses reality!" But it doesn't change. You briefly soften up on the reversal of logic. But here you are back the same old BS again.......

As far as I am concerned, you have just run your course here.
    Too Right

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast