Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: For all you Haley lovers...

Default For all you Haley lovers...

I don't like the guy. I think he's a premadonna. He likes loafers and turtlenecks, and he's gone through two offensive coordinators in two years. And his ego just won't quit. I could see him maybe as a decent OC, but he sucks as a HC. I love the Chiefs - but I call it as I see it. If Pioli wants to win - I mean, really win - the superbowl - he needs to sh!tcan this bone and hire a HC that his players - and his fans - will stand up for.
    This outta be fun.
    SHUT IT

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    That is something that drives me nuts. Look at the season. Our WHOLE DIVISON played the NFC west. We went 4-0 against them everyone eles went 2-2. THAT'S HOW WE WON THE AFC WEST we were better then everyone eles in the divison. Everyone eles could have gone 4-0 against them and then we wouldn't have made the playoffs. But they didn't we just did it better then everyone eles in the divison. THATS HOW WE WON THE DIVISON.
    Well, our fourth place schedule (Buffalo, Browns) helped as well. And that we played the Seahawks at Arrowhead while others played them at Qwest.

Look, I'm not taking anything away from our players or coaches. But we had some big gaps in offense and defense that thankfully weren't exposed until the final two weeks because we didn't play teams capable of exposing them. We're not going to be that lucky next season.

Quote Originally Posted by bwilliams View Post
    You can't fire Haley. It doesn't matter if you think he rode an easy schedule to the playoffs (which I do). It doesn't matter if you think his fighting with his OCs is beyond ridiculous (which I do). It doesn't matter if you think the turnaround this year was a whole lot more Crennel and Weis than Haley (which I do). It doesn't matter if you are terrified at the thought of him calling the plays in 2011 (which I am).

He has the players playing very hard right now. He has taken a 2-14 team to the playoffs in his second year. If you fire him: (1) no HC candidate will ever take you seriously again; (2) you'll demoralize the fan base with (ugh) another rebuilding effort; and (3) you'll demoralize the vastly improved vets on the team with (ugh) another rebuilding effort. There's no upside to it.

Even if you think Haley will win 10 games over his next three years, you have to stick with him in 2011.
    well said

Well, our fourth place schedule (Buffalo, Browns) helped as well. And that we played the Seahawks at Arrowhead while others played them at Qwest.

Look, I'm not taking anything away from our players or coaches. But we had some big gaps in offense and defense that thankfully weren't exposed until the final two weeks because we didn't play teams capable of exposing them. We're not going to be that lucky next season.
    The Browns really didn't since they were a game better then the Bengals who the chargers played. And we went to Seattle to play. We played niners and cards at arrowhead St louis and settale on the road.

In the playoffs your right we got exposed as what we are a young inexperaniced football team. We will be better for gaining that game of playoff experanice going forward.

We took it to Seattle IN Seattle...A very tough place to play.

The Browns really didn't since they were a game better then the Bengals who the chargers played.
    True. I really shouldn't have started a comparison between the AFC West teams.

My point was that we played mostly bad pass rushes, bad QBs, and bad run defenses for the first 15 games. We took advantage and won games against lesser opponents, but we lost to good ones. There's absolutely no shame in that for a younger, still-rebuilding team.

But if we'd had the schedule this season that we're having next season, we'd probably have a worse record in 2010.

And we went to Seattle to play. We played niners and cards at arrowhead St louis and settale on the road.
    Doh. I forgot where we played that Seattle game. Thanks.

In the playoffs your right we got exposed as what we are a young inexperaniced football team. We will be better for gaining that game of playoff experanice going forward.
    Not just experience. We need talent on the OL, at WR, at NT, and at LOLB if we realistically want to replicate 2010's success in 2011.

You can't fire the AFC coach of the year. This is just dumb. We would be the laughing stock of the league...plus, who would we get? No upper shelf coach would take this job after we fired a coach who just took us from last place to the playoffs.

I would like to see us keep an OC longer then one season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiefster View Post
    I would like to see us keep an OC longer then one season.
    Agreed, though I actually thinks its possible that Weis is going to Florida to be with his son and perhaps get a shot at being an HC there.

The Gailey thing was a fiasco.

I am just hoping he doesn't call his own plays next season because I think generally that doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wilqb16 View Post
    Agreed, though I actually thinks its possible that Weis is going to Florida to be with his son and perhaps get a shot at being an HC there.

The Gailey thing was a fiasco.

I am just hoping he doesn't call his own plays next season because I think generally that doesn't work.
    Same here, and I don't think it was ever said that Weis and Haley had problems. I think it is inferred because Haley and Gailey had differences.

I'm not one to bash a HC that is involved with a 4-12 to 10-6 turn around..However, I'm not cozy with the revolving door of OC's..In order for a QB to progress, you MUST have consistancy with a OC..All you have to do is look at Alex Smith in San Francisco..That story has been a trainwreck.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast