Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Quick thoughts on the game

Default Quick thoughts on the game

1- Alex Smith answered a lot of questions today. I thought Aaron Rodgers was wearing 11 for us.

2- Apologies to Alex for Avery (and the rest of the WR group)

3- denver was almost never called for blatant holdings of Hali and T-Jax, and leg whips.

4- After Denver's last TD can somebody show me that "blow to the head" the officials called on us?

5- Cooper is a raw rookie and it showed, but I still think the kid has long term talent.

6- Time to trade Flowers this off season.

7- Not to wish injury on anyone, but Albert's injury might be a blessing in disguise for the Chiefs. Let's start Fishers development there.

8- I badly wanted us to draft Decker when he was coming up. It hurts me double that one of my favorite draft wishes skewered us so bad for the hated Donks.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post
    Yep

Anther thing that set me off was the drive before the hall when Alex was called for grounding even the Tv annoncers said he was out of the pocket and no ref threw the flag until WELL after the play that was a BS call to help Denver. Denver's going to get help the rest of the year it's just how it is. Just tics me off. I would rather lose then have to get help to win
    Same here. I want the Chiefs to win outright on a level playing field. I fully expect the Donkeys to get the officials help in the post-season as well. It's been an established fact for decades that the Donkeys can't win a SB outright on a level playing field, so Pat Bowlen and Turd Elway have once again pulled the same strings with the league office that they did in '97 and '98 to have the playing field tilted in the Donkeys favor. I never want to to see such a thing happen with the Chiefs. At least the Chiefs one SB win is real and not fake like the Donkeys.

Quote Originally Posted by brdempsey69 View Post
    1-Correct. Alex can throw down the field, in spite of what detractors were saying.

2-WR is clearly an area of need this off-season.

3-One Chiefs fan on facebook said he counted 11 blatant holds that were not called. I'm not buying into any "well, the officials can't see everything" BS. They are seeing it, but blatantly refusing to call it. Same as in '97 and '98.

5-Stupid decision to leave Cooper alone for as long as they did on Decker. Smart coaches dispatch a 2nd defender to double up on Decker and take him out of the game.

6-Agreed. Flowers has seemingly lost it, as of late. Might as well try to get something in return for him.

7-Yes. Starting with practice this week, plug Fisher in at LT and do not look back. It may take a couple of games to adjust, but so what? People were willing to give Albert years to make the adjustment from Guard to LT, whereas Fisher has played LT for years in college.

8-The Chiefs great GM, Pioli, in his infinite wisdom, decided to take a nickel CB ( Arenas ) at #50 in the 2nd round with the pick that the Chiefs got for Tony G. and add to that a nickel CB that many had rated no better than a 4th rounder. Some had Decker rated a mid to late 2nd rounder. To me, that 2010 draft sucked, outside of getting an okay pick in round 5 in Kendrick Lewis.
    Even though I said the officials can't see everything I agree that there were blatant non-calls. But in just don't agree with over exaggerating it saying our team sucks and our season is over. Gotta admit the officials gave us 1 when Avery fumbled though. I think Reid not throwing runs in there with that last drive hurt us bad, even if we scored Manning had plenty of time to get into field goal position. This is the second game where Reid's clock management skills are lacking

Hey brdempsey....I can't seem to access rewind now...... "Due to broadcast restrictions, the NFL Game Rewind service is currently unavailable. Please check back later." I know you use rewind.....could you give me a minute counter of blatant non-calls? I'd like to see them, tape them, and send the facts along with a snail-mail letter to the NFL. They need to know that their BS is ruining the reputation of the NFL.

I think I've seen enough of Donnie Avery, both Jenkins and Hemmingway outplayed him. And judging the way Fasano looked like he thought he was in another state, we may be short on TE depth again

Quote Originally Posted by rodu View Post
    I think I've seen enough of Donnie Avery, both Jenkins and Hemmingway outplayed him. And judging the way Fasano looked like he thought he was in another state, we may be short on TE depth again
    Aj Jenkins had a couple tough grabs, and yac. Hemingway was all over the field we are getting our crap together. We are improving each week offensively. The d needs to get healthy. We were getting pressure today. We are getting close boys. For all those that thought we would go from 2 and 14 to Super Bowl contender in a year need to get a clue. We are gonna end up 11 and 5 and end up Indy or cincy.

But this team is on the right track. Can't wait to see our offseason moves.

Does everyone agree that Alex Smith could be our franchise QB now? He's gone downfield plenty the last few games and would look exponentially better if not for all the drops. I think putting in anyone different barring injury would be a mistake. I too am perfectly fine with Avery losing the starting role. He hurts more then he helps. I'm almost positive we lost this game because Jamaal Charles didn't get any touches on that final drive. He's our #1 involve him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ctchiefsfan View Post
    Hey brdempsey....I can't seem to access rewind now...... "Due to broadcast restrictions, the NFL Game Rewind service is currently unavailable. Please check back later." I know you use rewind.....could you give me a minute counter of blatant non-calls? I'd like to see them, tape them, and send the facts along with a snail-mail letter to the NFL. They need to know that their BS is ruining the reputation of the NFL.
    I haven't watched it, yet. I'm probably not going to. It's hard for me stomach watching the Chiefs shoot themselves in the foot in what was a game that they could have won, just like 2 weeks ago. For me, watching it once was enough, two weeks ago.

The game will be uploaded, after the Sunday night game.

One thing that looks promising is there were no sacks given up by the Chiefs O-Line today. Even a less than 100% Eric Fisher was able to handle Von Miller when he got thrust into action. The Chiefs have, at least going forward after this year, two very athletic and young bookend Tackles ( we may have seen the last of Albert, today ).

rodu is right about Donnie Avery. He drops too many passes. Let the youngsters Jenkins and Hemingway have their chance.

Maybe next week the Chiefs can get a win against the Redskins and I'm looking forward to that game.

Some random thoughts about this game....

The crucial play was done on the first drive. The interception. Alex Smith should've ran that ball in the end zone himself. Dwayne Bowe had just thrown a broncos defender into the turf, just run the stinking ball behind Bowe and take a shot. But noooooooo....let's try a risky throw in the end zone...Outside of that, Alex played a great game.

My favorite moment of the game was when Dontari Poe got through the line of scrimmage and charged straight for Manning. Manning's entire career flashed before his eyes, freaked out and promptly put that ball up for grabs. It'll take at least forty dollars' worth of bleach to make Peyton's trousers white again.

The crowd was awesome. Manning couldn't do all his audibles, and wound up turning Wes Welker into a messenger boy throughout the game.

It's time to bench Avery, and replace him with Jenkins or Hemmingway. Too many drops.

The Broncos D was pretty much persona non grata. It was the Chiefs that shot themselves in the foot. Von Miller was held in check throughout the game, and looked hobbled towards the end. Sean Philips didn't accomplish much, either. Towards the end they had to resort to a lot of holding, which didn't get called.

Our D needed to come up with some stops in the third quarter. They didn't. Marcus Cooper simply got overwhelmed by Thomas, and when Peyton sees a mismatch he will burn you every time. Although it wasn't horrible, secondaries can NOT fall asleep against Peyton Manning.

The refs were AWFUL this game. The intentional grounding call was absolute DONKEY-doo. Way too many non-calls. Reid should've thrown the challenge flag on that first down early in the game. Towards the end of the game, the refs started playing the "make up" call game, especially after turning down Jack Del Rio's challenges. Coaches said nothing, few players pointed out the non-calls.

When we were at midfield towards the end of the third. We pinned them with a punt and of course Peyton went 90 yards for a score. I felt we should have gone for it. I believe that was the intentional grounding call/ may have been a holding on Albert that put us in 2 and 20. Anyone else think we should have gone for it? It was 4th and 2 from like the 45 or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Eydugstr View Post
    The refs were AWFUL this game. The intentional grounding call was absolute DONKEY-doo. Way too many non-calls. Reid should've thrown the challenge flag on that first down early in the game. Towards the end of the game, the refs started playing the "make up" call game, especially after turning down Jack Del Rio's challenges. Coaches said nothing, few players pointed out the non-calls.
    THIS

I'm not one that 95% of the time puts games on the refs but the refs aided them big time yesterday. The grouding call was what finally set me off on top of the CLEAR holds. The Chiefs were up 7 and driving going into the half had a great chance to get the momentum going into the half. The play happened NO FLAG was thrown. Then all of a sudden they call grounding. It was nothing more then them trying to kill the Chiefs momentum set the Chiefs back. And it worked. So Denver went into the half with the momentum and got the ball first. They impacted the game BIG TIME and gave Denver a CLEAR advantage. Beating Denver is hard. Beating Denver and the refs is damn near impossible.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast