Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Chiefs Crowd

Default Chiefs Crowd

I would like to say a few things to everybody on the board:

I didn't know I rubbed that many people the wrong way on this site, that was never my intention. I will admit that I have been too negative with this regime, even though I originally supported the hiring of Reid and Dorsey. In almost every post I talk about Alex Smith and I realize I have been quite critical of the qb, this has also upset some. I just want this team to do well, I really do. It upsets me that I see a talented team held back with what I believe to be a game manager. However, I do understand Smith is our quarterback atleast for the time being and in the future if I continue to post I promise to be more objective and far less critical.

-MMO

Don't quite have all your groceries bagged - doya? I am not necessarily defending MMH, I'm defending his right to post his thoughts on a public forum without fear of being banned. Unless he is calling somebody names, using foul language, violating chiefscrowd code of ethics, etc, he should not be threatened by a mod, especially on a public thread that anybody can read. Privately, well, ok. I also understand this is a privately-owned site, and the owner and his chosen mgmt. may ban whoever they want, for any reason they want. I may very well be banned after this post. That is all. I've been gone for awhile and ready to talk football. Cheers.
    SHUT IT

It is just the constant negativity that everyone is talking about...I think at some point everyone can be negative say after a bad game but the negativity is before even giving the team a chance...IMO this is the time to be positive until reg. season and things blow up then everyone should be on the team and management like last year that was justified! The Chiefs have done so much in the off season to get better so that is saying something and there should at this point be more positive than negative. All of the negative actually IMO make people not even want to come on the boards reading all of the same old crap...Hey if the Chiefs come out and get hammered by the Jags bring on the *****ing at least until the next game...unless of course it happens again.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike View Post
    BTW, can you wrap yourself around the fact that it might be YOUR interpretation of MMH posts that makes this site doom and gloom? Unfactual hate? C'mon dude. Many of MMH posts are based on stats, not hate. I just don't see it.
    Wow you are blind. Look at all the love MMH is getting. So MMH posting about Geno Smith in the middle of the Chiefs and Steelers thread supporting his love of Geno over Alex was necessary, for the purpose of having a in game discussion over the Chiefs and Steelers???

Again, he has a right to voice his opinion, and most are not factual but his opinion that have yet to be played out or will never have a chance. His opinion may be right it may be wrong but beating it like a dead horse in early every single thread that has any traction and discussion kills those threads. Nearly every thread that is shut down is tied to MMH. It is to the point that, people just move on. Even when he is on ignore like he is on my list, his post still kill threads like a cancer.

I love this site and was very active meeting and tailgating with member, but I am so distant from this place now as many of those people are as well, and a good part of it because the content of the dicussions are about how much a team we love sucks, and how wrong we are for even caring.

If you really don't see the problem, maybe youar part of it.

This post is going to be to a few different people

to My man: I have said this before I'll say it again. It's not so much your message that people have the problem with it's how you have gone about delivering it that's been the problem. I have been critical of this team on this board before. Last year I talked about how poor the coaching on this team was. But I didn't focus on that and make that the point of every post. You have made that the point of 99% of your post. You can say I don't love the pick for Smith and I don't think he'll take the Chiefs far. OK no problem The Fact is over the past few years and the past few QBS you have a reason to want to see something before you buy in. But to just assume that it'll fail before 1 snap is 100% unfair. Just learn to give a move you don't like a chance if it doesn't work out feel free to say you feel it's not working. Chances are you won't be the only one doing so. But as a fan I think you owe it to the team to at least give the move a chance to work before jumping all over them for doing so. Who knows you might be wrong you might be right. But Until a guy fails don't act like he already has.

To BIKE: I 100% agree that banning someone for a opinion that's not popular. That's what a forum is all about giving opinions and having discussion. I think some of the response My man has gotten has been unfair. But there are times where he goes overboard. He has earned some of the heat he has gotten on here. I have never gotten heated with my man in fact I have enjoyed most of our back and forths. But I can see why some have not. Sometimes enough is enough and you don't need to harp on an issue like he has.

To Seek: I must take a lot of the Blame for the Geno talk in the Steelers game. I was the one that brought him up. I was trying to show My man how silly I though his judgements of Fisher were since he's a rookie. So I must take the Blame for this one.
    TopekaRoy is my hero!

I have left other forums when open discussion/debate constantly turned to personal attacks, name calling etc.... if heated debates over the CHIEFS remains friendly and fun it can carry on forever, but when it turns nasty it has to stop. and it does take more than one person to form an argument. I suggest in the future when an opposing view posting starts to descend below the level of a friendly debate then the answer is to stop debating and move on to another topic/post and resist the urge to restart the same argument in the next post.....just sayin
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post

To Seek: I must take a lot of the Blame for the Geno talk in the Steelers game. I was the one that brought him up. I was trying to show My man how silly I though his judgements of Fisher were since he's a rookie. So I must take the Blame for this one.
    Wrong, he brought up geno and how great he looked before the kickoff in that thread saying how great he looked.
    Obviously before the 3int's and the self safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick Dog View Post
    It is just the constant negativity that everyone is talking about...I think at some point everyone can be negative say after a bad game but the negativity is before even giving the team a chance...IMO this is the time to be positive until reg. season and things blow up then everyone should be on the team and management like last year that was justified! The Chiefs have done so much in the off season to get better so that is saying something and there should at this point be more positive than negative. All of the negative actually IMO make people not even want to come on the boards reading all of the same old crap...Hey if the Chiefs come out and get hammered by the Jags bring on the *****ing at least until the next game...unless of course it happens again.
    THIS !! Clark Hunt moved swiftly to try to rectify the abortion of a football season that we saw last year by going after Reid and Dorsey and especially getting rid of Pioli. I will grant you it's still just preseason, but the Chiefs have competed very well against good competition.

Am I the only one that remembers that the Chiefs went 4-12 in Dick Vermeil's first year in 2001 and that Trent Green struggled quite a bit that year? We know what happened afterward from 2002 -- 2005 with the most prolific Offense in Chiefs history. This years squad looks better than that 2001 squad & should at the very least be 6-10, although I'm hoping for better.

The problem with MMO is the constant bashing of Alex Smith and Eric Fisher because they weren't his personal choices -- and they haven't even played a full season with the Chiefs, yet. I've pointed out time and again the Chiefs ZERO success rate drafting QB's since 1970 & he refuses to acknowledge that fact, and the fact that the Chiefs didn't need a developmental QB to replace Cassel, they needed a veteran like Smith that can come in and play right now, and a veteran like Daniel to back him up. Thus far, both have showed a lot of poise under fire that likely would not have come from a rookie QB. Both Smith and Daniel are here to stay for a while, so one needs to get over the idea of drafting a QB in round 1 for the time being because it's not happening & I, for one, am grateful for that given the Chiefs ZERO success rate at drafting QB's. Plus, both Smith and Daniel have won the confidence of their teammates, which is something Cassel and Quinn could not do last year.

Alex Smith wasn't my first choice. I wanted Kirk Cousins, but the Skins aren't trading him as they think he's too valuable and they are right, so Smith was the next best option. I don't care what happened with Smith in SF, it's what he does in KC with Andy Reid that counts now.

Quote Originally Posted by matthewschiefs View Post

Actually NO. You dont' get credit. He brought it up on page two. "Geno Smith looks Great." You only continued what he started. Just like a troll, he pushed a button with one sentence and got the reaction he was looking for. Unfortunately, I was reading the thread from my phone as I was shopping for my kid a new bed and time slipped away. So I was not logged in so his post was not ignored. I was looking for information on the game. Not more dung about a player not drafted by the Chiefs.

isn't it ironic that a post that started w/an apology to help end the negative non-productive postings has created another one of the same!!!!!
    Official Chiefs Crowd Historian

I like different opinion and critisism on the forum. I mean unless this forums is suppose to be about praising the chiefs every year and declaring we go 18-0 every year and every time we lose its the refs fault and the other team cheated, i mean we can do that and be like a lot of donkey fans i know in my town. People have different opinions, if its not the same as you, that's fine, not a huge deal. I bet every chiefs forum out there has a group that believes 18-0 every year and a group that believes they haven't done enough to go above .500.

And last year i think MMH got banned because he said the chiefs would not win 4 games and a lot of you blasted him for that i remember one comment was like "You really believe the chiefs will not get past those first 6 games without 3 wins and take 3-4 games away from the division." then they went on to call him a troll for that.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast