KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team’s declining fortunes.
SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.
The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.
However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back “Martyball” or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5’s Facebook page.
- VIDEO: Kansas City Chiefs hold first full squad workout in St. Joseph - KSHB
- Photo gallery: Chiefs fans flock to training camp in St. Joseph - Kansas City Star
- Chiefs' Jamaal Charles sometimes sees himself like 'The LeBron (James) of ... - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Herniated disks, like the one Chiefs' Dontari Poe has, can be tough for linemen - Kansas City Star
- Central Missouri running back asks for job with Chiefs, gets contract - ESPN (blog)
- The two sides to Kansas City Chiefs RB Knile Davis - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- What We Learned From Thursday's Chiefs Media Availability - KCChiefs.com