KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team’s declining fortunes.
SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.
The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.
However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back “Martyball” or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5’s Facebook page.
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
- NFL schedule 2018: Chiefs, Falcons lead six contenders with toughest schedules - Sporting News
- Chiefs have five prime-time games in 2018 - Kansas City Star
- 2018 Kansas City Chiefs Schedule: Full Listing of Dates, Times and TV Info - Bleacher Report
- 3 draft prospects that should be available to Chiefs on day two - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Chiefs tight ends gain yardage gardening with kids at Independence elementary school - Kansas City Star
- Chiefs analysis: NFL.com releases general manager power rankings - Arrowhead Pride (blog)