KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team’s declining fortunes.
SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.
The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.
However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back “Martyball” or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5’s Facebook page.
- Kansas City Chiefs: James Winchester Signs Extension - KC Kingdom
- Kansas City Chiefs: Super Bowl window is still open - Arrowhead Addict
- Travis Kelce doesn't back down from critical comments, pulls out checkbook - ESPN (blog)
- Patriots beat Steelers by doing all the things the Chiefs didn't - Kansas City Star
- Khaseem Greene signs with Kansas City Chiefs as former Rutgers star gets another chance - NJ.com
- Grading the Chiefs: 2016 position-by-position grades - Kansas City Star
- 2017 NFL Draft: Kansas City Chiefs Post-Season 7-Round Mock ... - FOXSports.com