KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team’s declining fortunes.
SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.
The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.
However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back “Martyball” or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5’s Facebook page.
- Chiefs' Mike DeVito and Derrick Johnson are pushing each other in rehab - Kansas City Star
- Former Chiefs tight end Sean McGrath isn't alone as other young NFL players ... - Kansas City Star
- NFL Draft 2015: Kansas City Chiefs Team Needs - With The First Pick
- Mel Kiper calls Kansas City Chiefs 'perfect fit' for Marcus Mariota - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs cheerleader-turned-MMA fighter: Houston Texans ... - FOXSports.com
- John Dorsey says Chiefs are giving Donald Stephenson 'a clean slate' - Kansas City Star
- Jeremy Maclin says signing with Kansas City Chiefs over Eagles wasn't about ... - NJ.com