KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team’s declining fortunes.
SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.
The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.
However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back “Martyball” or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5’s Facebook page.
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
- NFL Network analyst: Chiefs have had 'no discussions' on trading Marcus Peters - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Reminder: Chiefs kicker Harrison Butker was an absolute steal - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs trade value in the 2018 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Addict
- Does a Dontari Poe reunion make sense for the Kansas City Chiefs? - Arrowhead Addict
- Chiefs lineman getting medical degree wants 'MD' added to back of his jersey - For The Win
- Marcus Peters Trade Rumors: Chiefs CB 'May Not Be Long for Kansas City' - Bleacher Report