KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team’s declining fortunes.
SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.
The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.
However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back “Martyball” or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5’s Facebook page.
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
- Marcus Peters challenges Trump to meet with him and Marshawn Lynch - Kansas City Star
- Kansas City Chiefs could face Nathan Peterman or Tyrod Taylor on Sunday - Arrowhead Addict
- ESPN: Bears signing former Kansas City Chiefs kicker Cairo Santos - WLS-TV
- The day excuses died for the Kansas City Chiefs - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Has Derrick Johnson lost his starting spot for the Kansas City Chiefs? - Arrowhead Addict
- AFC playoff picture: Chiefs would host the Titans if playoffs started today - Arrowhead Pride (blog)