KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team’s declining fortunes.
SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.
The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.
However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back “Martyball” or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5’s Facebook page.
- Kansas City Chiefs players participating in NFL's “My Cause My ... - Kansas City Star
- Kansas City Chiefs Q&A with Terez Paylor | The Kansas City Star - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Chiefs rule Jeremy Maclin out for game at Falcons - Kansas City Star
- Falcons Game Day: Kansas City Chiefs – Week 13 - Yahoo Sports
- The secret lives of the Chiefs' Susie and Warpaint - Kansas City Star
- Chiefs mourn the death of former teammate Joe McKnight - Kansas City Star
- What could a "full strength" Kansas City Chiefs do? - Arrowhead Addict - Arrowhead Addict