KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team’s declining fortunes.
SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.
The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.
However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back “Martyball” or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5’s Facebook page.
- Kansas City Chiefs' Alex Smith, Jeremy Maclin building rapport - FOXSports.com
- Predicting the Chiefs' 2015 NFL season, game-by-game - Kansas City Star (blog)
- KC Chiefs announce release of 11 players - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs make first round of cuts - KMBC Kansas City
- The Star's projections for the Chiefs' 53-man roster - Kansas City Star
- Seahawks' Bennett fined for hit on Kansas City Chiefs QB - KOMO News
- No punts or backwards plays, Chiefs offense hummed - Kansas City Star