KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team’s declining fortunes.
SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.
The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.
However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back “Martyball” or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5’s Facebook page.
- Kansas City Chiefs at Pittsburgh Steelers Prediction - New York Times
- Remembering Joe Montana and the Kansas City Chiefs 1993 season - KCChiefs.com
- Who To Root For: Kansas City Chiefs Playoff Scenarios (Week 16 Edition) - Arrowhead Addict
- Kansas City Chiefs' Hall Of Famer Bobby Bell Graduates College At Age 74 - FanSided
- Game Day Preview: Kansas City Chiefs at Pittsburgh Steelers - New Pittsburgh Courier
- Albert Wilson is becoming a force for the Kansas City Chiefs - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Chiefs' Dwayne Bowe ruled questionable after missing third day of practice - Kansas City Star