KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team’s declining fortunes.
SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.
The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.
However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back “Martyball” or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5′s Facebook page.
- Kansas City Chiefs: Visual Breakdown of How Andy Reid Is Curtailing O-Line ... - Arrowhead Addict
- 6 Things to Watch in Miami Dolphins vs Kansas City Chiefs - The Phinsider
- (Updated) All eyes on Jamaal Charles and Kansas City Chiefs Friday injury report - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Chiefs, Dolphins hope backup RBs can get going - Springfield News-Leader
- Kansas City Chiefs: AFC West Preview for Week 3 - KC Kingdom
- Kansas City Chiefs vs. Miami Dolphins: Complete Week 3 Preview for Chiefs - Bleacher Report
- Chiefs' Jamaal Charles questionable - ESPN