KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team’s declining fortunes.
SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.
The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.
However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back “Martyball” or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5’s Facebook page.
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
- Reviewing Andy Reid's tenure with the Kansas City Chiefs: 2017 - Arrowhead Addict
- Chiefs among teams to have met with Adonis Alexander, per report - 247Sports
- Why Cameron Erving should have a solid season with the Kansas City Chiefs - Arrowhead Addict
- Kansas City Chiefs WR Sammy Watkins in 2018: Pro Bowler or bust ... - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Frank Zombo could be on Kansas City Chiefs roster bubble - Arrowhead Addict
- Kansas City Chiefs rookies hear from legends, get customized ... - Arrowhead Pride (blog)