KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team’s declining fortunes.
SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.
The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.
However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back “Martyball” or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5’s Facebook page.
- Week 4 Cincinnati Bengals vs Kansas City Chiefs: Player and coaching connections - Cincy Jungle
- Chiefs-Bengals scouting report - Kansas City Star
- Free Kansas City Chiefs app now available - Topeka Capital Journal
- It didn't look like it, but Chiefs worked on the free play before Packers game - ESPN (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs' QB Alex Smith under fire in more ways than one - FOXSports.com
- Opposing Outlook: What Kansas City Chiefs fans think of the Bengals' Week 4 ... - Cincy Jungle
- After first NFL reception, Chiefs' Chris Conley wants more - Kansas City Star