KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team’s declining fortunes.
SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.
The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.
However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back “Martyball” or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5’s Facebook page.
- Why Chiefs star Travis Kelce needs his teammates now more than ever - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Chiefs QB Smith is airing it out like never before - FOXSports.com
- Justin Houston is sick, won't practice for the Chiefs - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Stephen A. Smith threatens to come to Arrowhead Stadium to watch Chiefs - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Alex Smith is making 2018 QB decision difficult on the Chiefs - ESPN (blog)
- Chiefs' hot offense rolls into LA for matchup with Chargers - FOXSports.com
- Chiefs' Parker Ehinger feels 'just as good' as he did before 2016 injury - Kansas City Star