KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team’s declining fortunes.
SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.
The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.
However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back “Martyball” or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5’s Facebook page.
- Kansas City Chiefs players visit Pittsburg family in hospital - Joplin Globe
- Prosecutor consulted with victim in Chiefs draft pick Tyreek Hill's plea agreement - Kansas City Star
- Do Chiefs have potential in backup QBs or are they just good college players? - ESPN (blog)
- Vernon's Matt Soltes getting a shot with Kansas City Chiefs - New Jersey Herald
- Kansas City Chiefs Traded Down Masterfully, But Then Spent Pick on Domestic Abuser Tyreek Hill - The Big Lead
- Lavin Offered Tryout By Kansas City Chiefs - CapeNews.net
- Kansas City Chiefs exercise option on LT Eric Fisher - FOXSports.com