KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team’s declining fortunes.
SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.
The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.
However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back “Martyball” or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5’s Facebook page.
- Chiefs defense bails out Spencer Ware on fumble - Kansas City Star
- Chiefs defenders, young and old, collect takeaway souvenirs - Kansas City Star
- New York Jets vs. Kansas City Chiefs: RECAP, score, stats, fan chat (9/25/16), NFL Week 3 - NJ.com
- Replay: Updates, stats from Sunday's Chiefs-Jets game - Kansas City Star
- Kansas City Chiefs fans still angry about parking, but see some ... - Kansas City Star
- New York Jets vs. Kansas City Chiefs Live Stream: How To Watch NFL Week 3 For Free - Decider
- Chiefs RB Jamaal Charles out Sunday - ESPN