KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team’s declining fortunes.
SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.
The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.
However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back “Martyball” or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5’s Facebook page.
- Early-season Chiefs' opponents could be in a weakened state - ESPN (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith discusses upcoming 2016 season - KSHB
- Injuries among top questions facing Kansas City Chiefs heading into camp - FOXSports.com
- Kansas City Chiefs position battle at tight end should be fun - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Know Your Foe: Kansas City Chiefs - HoustonTexans.com
- Availability of Justin Houston, Eric Berry hovers over Kansas City Chiefs' camp - ESPN (blog)
- Raiders 2016 pre-camp season preview: Kansas City Chiefs week 6, 14 - Silver and Black Pride