KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team’s declining fortunes.
SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.
The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.
However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back “Martyball” or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5’s Facebook page.
- Kansas City Chiefs turning over every rock, including those in Canada - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- 2016 NFL offseason: Kansas City Chiefs' needs - FanSided
- Does free agent Riley Cooper interest the Kansas City Chiefs receivers? - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Chiefs can create more salary cap space with tough decisions on Eric Fisher, Jamaal Charles - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- West and Ware Changed the Culture of the Chiefs in '15 Under Charles' Watch - KCChiefs.com
- If I were Kansas City Chiefs GM John Dorsey: A 3-step plan - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs 2016 offensive line has more questions than answers - Arrowhead Pride (blog)