KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team’s declining fortunes.
SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.
The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.
However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back “Martyball” or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5’s Facebook page.
- Jack Steadman, former Kansas City Chiefs GM, dies at 86 - NFL.com
- The Kansas City Chiefs' New Archenemies - Arrowhead Addict
- Kansas City Chiefs: Full Position Breakdown and Depth-Chart Analysis at WR - Bleacher Report
- Miami Dolphins concerned about guard and Kansas City Chiefs could have an ... - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- This is how Tamba Hali trains for the Kansas City Chiefs season - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Chapter Four: The Chiefs Address a "Need" - KCChiefs.com
- ESPN's future NFL power rankings have Kansas City Chiefs in the top 10 - Arrowhead Pride (blog)