KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -Chiefs fans are excitedly buzzing about whether team owner Clark Hunt is preparing to offer former coach Marty Schottenheimer the general manager position or get his help on reversing the team’s declining fortunes.
SiriusXM NFL Radio reported that Schottenheimer was at Arrowhead Stadium on Friday to meet with Hunt, who is in Kansas City. This set Chiefs fans on Twitter and Facebook afire.
The team flatly denies that Schottenheimer was at the practice facility today.
However, left unclear was whether Schottenheimer and Hunt met at a different location, met earlier this week or whether they have a meeting later this week.
General Manager Scott Pioli is under fire after the Chiefs 1-7 start and a disappointing four-year tenure in Kansas City after he left the New England Patriots.
Tell us what you think. Should the Chiefs bring back “Martyball” or hire Schottenheimer as a consultant? Go to KCTV5’s Facebook page.
- Locked on Chiefs: State of Kansas City's defense - Arrowhead Addict
- NFL Power Rankings: Where do the Kansas City Chiefs belong? - Arrowhead Addict
- Kansas City Chiefs: Should Alex Smith be on a short leash? - NFL Spin Zone
- Jeff Allen hopes to get back to way he played with Chiefs - Arrowhead Addict
- Andy Reid: Chiefs "have security" with Tyler Bray - Arrowhead Addict
- Bet you didn't know that Chiefs coach Andy Reid once dreamed of being a sportswriter - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Add Jon Gruden to list of experts who love Patrick Mahomes' fit with Chiefs - Kansas City Star