Before the 2012 season, many critics thought the Kansas City Chiefs would be the class of the AFC West.
Instead, due to inconsistent play at the quarterback position, the Chiefs struggled through most of the year and finished with a record of 2-14.
Although Alex Smith is overvalued, his arrival in Kansas City brings a marked improvement at the quarterback position.
Coach Andy Reid has been able to get the most out of the quarterbacks he has coached. He has turned the likes of A.J. Feeley and Koy Detmer into respectable NFL quarterbacks.
- Kansas City Chiefs fans knew a collapse was coming ... until it didn't - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- The Film Don't Lie: Chiefs - ESPN (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs Will Make a Postseason Push in Second Half of the Season - Bleacher Report
- Andy Reid: Tough schedule helping Chiefs develop - ESPN (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs schedule goes from toughest start to easiest finish - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Bolts suffer backward loss to KC - U-T San Diego
- Cairo Santos' late FG helps Chiefs snap Chargers' winning streak - ESPN