Before the 2012 season, many critics thought the Kansas City Chiefs would be the class of the AFC West.
Instead, due to inconsistent play at the quarterback position, the Chiefs struggled through most of the year and finished with a record of 2-14.
Although Alex Smith is overvalued, his arrival in Kansas City brings a marked improvement at the quarterback position.
Coach Andy Reid has been able to get the most out of the quarterbacks he has coached. He has turned the likes of A.J. Feeley and Koy Detmer into respectable NFL quarterbacks.
- Chiefs' receiver Mike Williams feels primed for redemptive year - Kansas City Star
- Are the Kansas City Chiefs the safest pick to win the AFC West? - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Chiefs to begin training camp without Jamaal Charles - ESPN (blog)
- Sources: Eric Berry expected to miss most, if not all, of preseason - ESPN
- Kansas City Chiefs' backup QBs Aaron Murray, Tyler Bray and Kevin Hogan are set to compete - FOXSports.com
- Chiefs linebacker Justin Houston will sit out training camp in St. Joseph - Kansas City Star
- What can the Kansas City Chiefs expect from their draft picks ... - ESPN (blog)