Before the 2012 season, many critics thought the Kansas City Chiefs would be the class of the AFC West.
Instead, due to inconsistent play at the quarterback position, the Chiefs struggled through most of the year and finished with a record of 2-14.
Although Alex Smith is overvalued, his arrival in Kansas City brings a marked improvement at the quarterback position.
Coach Andy Reid has been able to get the most out of the quarterbacks he has coached. He has turned the likes of A.J. Feeley and Koy Detmer into respectable NFL quarterbacks.
- Entering year three, Chiefs coach Andy Reid has his quarterbacks' trust - Kansas City Star
- Kansas City Chiefs: Three takeaways from preseason, week three - isportsweb.com (blog)
- Predicting the Chiefs' 2015 NFL season, game-by-game - Kansas City Star (blog)
- KC Chiefs announce release of 11 players - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs make first round of cuts - KMBC Kansas City
- Seahawks' Bennett fined for hit on Kansas City Chiefs QB - KOMO News
- No punts or backwards plays, Chiefs offense hummed - Kansas City Star