Before the 2012 season, many critics thought the Kansas City Chiefs would be the class of the AFC West.
Instead, due to inconsistent play at the quarterback position, the Chiefs struggled through most of the year and finished with a record of 2-14.
Although Alex Smith is overvalued, his arrival in Kansas City brings a marked improvement at the quarterback position.
Coach Andy Reid has been able to get the most out of the quarterbacks he has coached. He has turned the likes of A.J. Feeley and Koy Detmer into respectable NFL quarterbacks.
- Chiefs still have eight picks in NFL Draft, what are their main needs? - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Doug Whaley “originated” Buffalo Bills first-round trade with Kansas City Chiefs - Buffalo Rumblings
- Kansas City Chiefs: Trading Up For Dalvin Cook Is Possible - KC Kingdom
- Chiefs made one of boldest draft moves in decades - ESPN (blog)
- 2017 NFL Draft: KC Chiefs Need to Keep Momentum Going on Day Two - KC Kingdom
- The Chiefs bet against history by picking Patrick Mahomes - FOXSports.com
- Kansas City Chiefs trade up to take QB Patrick Mahomes II of Texas Tech with 10th pick - Los Angeles Times