Before the 2012 season, many critics thought the Kansas City Chiefs would be the class of the AFC West.
Instead, due to inconsistent play at the quarterback position, the Chiefs struggled through most of the year and finished with a record of 2-14.
Although Alex Smith is overvalued, his arrival in Kansas City brings a marked improvement at the quarterback position.
Coach Andy Reid has been able to get the most out of the quarterbacks he has coached. He has turned the likes of A.J. Feeley and Koy Detmer into respectable NFL quarterbacks.
- John Dorsey's successor as Chiefs general manager has big sweatshirt to fill - Kansas City Star
- Vahe Gregorian: What's in a name? Plenty if you're Delaney Neath - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Redskins 2017 Season Preview: Kansas City Chiefs, Week 4 - Redskins.com
- Kansas City Chiefs ranked as worst fan base in NFL - KC Kingdom
- Kansas City Chiefs, GM John Dorsey agree to part ways - NFL.com
- Chiefs sign coach Andy Reid to extension, part ways with GM - FOXSports.com
- Why the Kansas City Chiefs run defense is going to be better (plus a fun stat) - Arrowhead Pride (blog)