Before the 2012 season, many critics thought the Kansas City Chiefs would be the class of the AFC West.
Instead, due to inconsistent play at the quarterback position, the Chiefs struggled through most of the year and finished with a record of 2-14.
Although Alex Smith is overvalued, his arrival in Kansas City brings a marked improvement at the quarterback position.
Coach Andy Reid has been able to get the most out of the quarterbacks he has coached. He has turned the likes of A.J. Feeley and Koy Detmer into respectable NFL quarterbacks.
- Chiefs-Raiders: Shortest of weeks, biggest of games - Kansas City Star
- Oakland Raiders vs. Kansas City Chiefs 2016: Prediction, Betting Odds For Week 14 Thursday Night Football - International Business Times
- Kansas City Chiefs continue to defy odds on way to 9-3 record - The Denver Post
- Have the Chiefs tapped into the Royals' never-die attitude? - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Updated NFL playoff picture: Chiefs-Raiders major playoff implications in Week 14 - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Chiefs rewarded for their willingness to open up offense - ESPN (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs' Eric Berry makes triumphant return to hometown - UPI.com