Before the 2012 season, many critics thought the Kansas City Chiefs would be the class of the AFC West.
Instead, due to inconsistent play at the quarterback position, the Chiefs struggled through most of the year and finished with a record of 2-14.
Although Alex Smith is overvalued, his arrival in Kansas City brings a marked improvement at the quarterback position.
Coach Andy Reid has been able to get the most out of the quarterbacks he has coached. He has turned the likes of A.J. Feeley and Koy Detmer into respectable NFL quarterbacks.
- Photo gallery: Chiefs Chairman Clark Hunt through the years - Kansas City Star
- What's the right investment for the Kansas City Chiefs at safety? - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Top 5 Headlines 1/30: Keep an Eye on Darrelle Revis - KCChiefs.com
- Chiefs TE Travis Kelce is Who We Thought He Was - KCChiefs.com
- 2014 Review: The Rookies of the Kansas City Chiefs - KCChiefs.com
- Should the Kansas City Chiefs extend Sean Smith? - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas State's Tyler Lockett Would Love to Play for Andy Reid - KCChiefs.com