Before the 2012 season, many critics thought the Kansas City Chiefs would be the class of the AFC West.
Instead, due to inconsistent play at the quarterback position, the Chiefs struggled through most of the year and finished with a record of 2-14.
Although Alex Smith is overvalued, his arrival in Kansas City brings a marked improvement at the quarterback position.
Coach Andy Reid has been able to get the most out of the quarterbacks he has coached. He has turned the likes of A.J. Feeley and Koy Detmer into respectable NFL quarterbacks.
- Chiefs' Eric Berry maintains he will not play '17 season under franchise tag - Kansas City Star
- Top 7 free agents Kansas City Chiefs must decide whether to re-sign - Shelby Township Source Newspapers
- 2017 NFL Draft KC Chiefs Scouting Report: Patrick Mahomes - KC Kingdom
- A closer look at the Chiefs interior offensive line - Arrowhead Addict - Arrowhead Addict
- Kansas City Chiefs: Boomer Esiason Links Alex Smith To Jets - KC Kingdom
- Former Kansas City Chiefs DB Sanders Commings Signs with Atlanta Braves - Bleacher Report
- Chiefs awarded four compensatory picks for 2017 NFL Draft - Kansas City Star