The summary is he groups quarterbacks into 4 tiers. The top 2 tiers pretty much consist of the best quarterbacks in the league. Tier 3 he describes as "good enough to not get replaced" and tier 4 is the Brady Quinn’s of the world.
Of the 13 QBs in the top 2 tiers, 11 of them were first round draft picks. The only two were Drew Brees (1st pick in the 2nd round) and Matt Schaub (3rd round).
The Chiefs, in order to maximize their chances of getting a QBOTF (a tier1/tier2 guy) need to take a QB in the first round.
- Kansas City Chiefs: Teams that make sense for Alex Smith after 2017 - KC Kingdom
- Locked on Chiefs: State of Kansas City's defense - Arrowhead Addict
- NFL Power Rankings: Where do the Kansas City Chiefs belong? - Arrowhead Addict
- Jeff Allen hopes to get back to way he played with Chiefs - Arrowhead Addict
- Andy Reid: Chiefs "have security" with Tyler Bray - Arrowhead Addict
- Bet you didn't know that Chiefs coach Andy Reid once dreamed of being a sportswriter - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Add Jon Gruden to list of experts who love Patrick Mahomes' fit with Chiefs - Kansas City Star