The summary is he groups quarterbacks into 4 tiers. The top 2 tiers pretty much consist of the best quarterbacks in the league. Tier 3 he describes as "good enough to not get replaced" and tier 4 is the Brady Quinn’s of the world.
Of the 13 QBs in the top 2 tiers, 11 of them were first round draft picks. The only two were Drew Brees (1st pick in the 2nd round) and Matt Schaub (3rd round).
The Chiefs, in order to maximize their chances of getting a QBOTF (a tier1/tier2 guy) need to take a QB in the first round.
- Mellinger Minutes: Royals spring training, Eric Hosmer's contract, Chiefs QBs, and KU hoops - Kansas City Star (blog)
- 2017 NFL mock draft: Mitch Trubisky falls to Chiefs - Arrowhead Addict - Arrowhead Addict
- NFL free agency: If Chiefs cut Jeremy Maclin, could he return to Eagles? - NJ.com
- Kansas City Chiefs: Five Games Most Likely to be in Primetime in 2017 - KC Kingdom
- Locked on Chiefs: Derrick Johnson alone can't fix the KC ILB position - Arrowhead Addict
- Chiefs rumors: Jared Odrick makes sense along the defensive line - Arrowhead Addict
- 2017 NFL Draft KC Chiefs Scouting Report: Derek Barnett - KC Kingdom