The summary is he groups quarterbacks into 4 tiers. The top 2 tiers pretty much consist of the best quarterbacks in the league. Tier 3 he describes as "good enough to not get replaced" and tier 4 is the Brady Quinn’s of the world.
Of the 13 QBs in the top 2 tiers, 11 of them were first round draft picks. The only two were Drew Brees (1st pick in the 2nd round) and Matt Schaub (3rd round).
The Chiefs, in order to maximize their chances of getting a QBOTF (a tier1/tier2 guy) need to take a QB in the first round.
- Entering year three, Chiefs coach Andy Reid has his quarterbacks' trust - Kansas City Star
- Kansas City Chiefs: Three takeaways from preseason, week three - isportsweb.com (blog)
- Predicting the Chiefs' 2015 NFL season, game-by-game - Kansas City Star (blog)
- KC Chiefs announce release of 11 players - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs make first round of cuts - KMBC Kansas City
- Seahawks' Bennett fined for hit on Kansas City Chiefs QB - KOMO News
- No punts or backwards plays, Chiefs offense hummed - Kansas City Star