The summary is he groups quarterbacks into 4 tiers. The top 2 tiers pretty much consist of the best quarterbacks in the league. Tier 3 he describes as "good enough to not get replaced" and tier 4 is the Brady Quinn’s of the world.
Of the 13 QBs in the top 2 tiers, 11 of them were first round draft picks. The only two were Drew Brees (1st pick in the 2nd round) and Matt Schaub (3rd round).
The Chiefs, in order to maximize their chances of getting a QBOTF (a tier1/tier2 guy) need to take a QB in the first round.
- 2015 NFL mock draft: Andrus Peat to Kansas City Chiefs at No. 18 - SB Nation
- Kansas City Chiefs: The Inside Linebacker Draft Prospects - Arrowhead Addict
- Chiefs are third in NFL in QB spending - ESPN (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs 2016 free agents loaded with a few stars - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs remaining needs, post-free agency - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Top 5 Headlines 3/30: Chiefs have coach, QB that can take them to Super Bowl - KCChiefs.com
- Kansas City Chiefs: AFC West Considered Third Worst Division - KC Kingdom