The summary is he groups quarterbacks into 4 tiers. The top 2 tiers pretty much consist of the best quarterbacks in the league. Tier 3 he describes as "good enough to not get replaced" and tier 4 is the Brady Quinn’s of the world.
Of the 13 QBs in the top 2 tiers, 11 of them were first round draft picks. The only two were Drew Brees (1st pick in the 2nd round) and Matt Schaub (3rd round).
The Chiefs, in order to maximize their chances of getting a QBOTF (a tier1/tier2 guy) need to take a QB in the first round.
- Chiefs' Alex Smith, Dustin Colquitt added to Pro Bowl roster - Kansas City Star
- Will The Steelers Be Able To Finish Drives Against The Patriots? - FiveThirtyEight
- How the Kansas City Chiefs can become a "real" Super Bowl contender - Arrowhead Addict
- Mellinger Minutes: Chiefs postmortem, Alex Smith, Royals' offseason and frozen lasagna - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Alex Smith, Kansas City Chiefs waste big opportunity at Arrowhead - UPI.com
- Chiefs-Steelers game drew record TV rating for NBC - Kansas City Star
- Source: Chiefs linebacker Tamba Hali intends to play in 2017, and likely beyond - Kansas City Star