The summary is he groups quarterbacks into 4 tiers. The top 2 tiers pretty much consist of the best quarterbacks in the league. Tier 3 he describes as "good enough to not get replaced" and tier 4 is the Brady Quinn’s of the world.
Of the 13 QBs in the top 2 tiers, 11 of them were first round draft picks. The only two were Drew Brees (1st pick in the 2nd round) and Matt Schaub (3rd round).
The Chiefs, in order to maximize their chances of getting a QBOTF (a tier1/tier2 guy) need to take a QB in the first round.
- Five Chiefs players flying under the radar ahead of training camp - Chiefs Digest
- Arrowheadlines: Kansas City Chiefs News 7/24 - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Analyzing the Chiefs' training camp roster by position - Kansas City Star
- Early-season Chiefs' opponents could be in a weakened state ... - ESPN (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs quarterback Alex Smith discusses upcoming 2016 season - KSHB
- Kansas City Chiefs notes heading into 2016 training camp - FOXSports.com
- Kansas City Chiefs position battle at tight end should be fun ... - Arrowhead Pride (blog)