I didn’t know he got one
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning received a concussion test during his team’s 17-9 victory Sunday against Kansas City. Manning took a blow to the head while throwing a touchdown pass to tight end Jacob Tamme with 18 seconds left in the first half. After Manning threw, Chiefs defensive lineman Tyson Jackson reached the quarterback and knocked him to the ground.
As Manning fell, the back of his helmet slammed against the turf. He got up holding the back of his head with his right hand as right guard Chris Kuper checked on him.
Read more: Broncos’ Peyton Manning passes concussion test – The Denver Post Broncos’ Peyton Manning passes concussion test – The Denver Post
- Alex Smith, Kansas City Chiefs waste big opportunity at Arrowhead - UPI.com
- Kansas City Chiefs coach, fans prepare for 2017 season - KSHB
- Frustrating loss caps solid, but unsatisfying, season for Chiefs' Alex Smith - Kansas City Star
- Andy Reid also disagreed with holding call, but more diplomatically than Travis Kelce - Kansas City Star
- Should the Chiefs move on from Alex Smith? They at least need to think about it - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Reid disagrees with holding call on 2-point try - ESPN
- Chiefs-Steelers game drew record TV rating for NBC - Kansas City Star