Mike Vick is still a top 10 QB. I don’t see an elite franchise QB coming out of the next draft. This franchise needs to start thinking about next season. The Chiefs will have to run the table the rest of the season to get a road playoff game… that ain’t happening. Who’s going to be your QB next season? If the Chiefs can turn Bowe into a QB this team can depend on for the next few seasons, I think it’s a good trade.
In order to pull the trade off, the Chiefs need to get salary help from the Eagles and they’ll probably need a 3rd team to give the Eagles something they want… like a draft pick or two with Bowe going to said third team. You have to think the Colts would be interested along with a few other teams with playoff aspirations.
For all those who think this is a really bad idea, please provide arguments that don’t include the words "dog fighting." I already covered the salary issue as well. I realize Vick looks horrible this year, but I don’t think it’s a fall off in talent that is the problem. Nor do I think it’s a mental thing. I think he’s in a bad spot in Philly and on a bad team with a horrible O-line. The converse is true in Kansas City… the team looks REALLY bad not because they lack talent but because they have the worst player in the league at the most important position on the field. Give this team just an average QB and they’re better than a .500 team.
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
- Not just Pat: Chiefs' fast starts fueled by Dave Toub's special teams, punt returners - Kansas City Star
- Chiefs' Thursday injury report vs. 49ers - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Chiefs Announce Coaches of the Week for Second Week of the Season - chiefs.com
- Forbes' annual NFL team valuations show Chiefs value hasn't changed from last year - Kansas City Star
- Patrick Mahomes works to mesh finesse and speed with his scorching throws - Kansas City Star
- FiveThirtyEight.com on why Chiefs can avoid another letdown after fast start to season - Kansas City Star (blog)