Associated Press | January 25, 2013
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — The Chiefs have hired former Packers defensive back Al Harris to coach their secondary and Mark DeLeone as a quality control coach and also retained assistant strength coach Brent Salazar.
They also announced Friday the signing of wide receiver Tyler Shoemaker.
Harris will begin his first full season as an assistant coach. The two-time Pro Bowl defensive back played 15 seasons for the Eagles, Packers, Dolphins and Rams, and has ties to new Chiefs coach Andy Reid and general manager John Dorsey.
DeLeone spent last season working for the Jets, while Salazar will begin his seventh season as the assistant strength coach in Kansas City.
Shoemaker, an undrafted free agent in 2012, was released by Tampa Bay before training camp.
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
- Kansas City Chiefs tried to trade for Anthony Hitchens - 247Sports
- Chiefs sign run-stopping DT Xavier Williams from Cardinals - FOXSports.com
- Chiefs working on a deal with TE Benjamin Watson - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Rams talking about Chiefs' Sammy Watkins like he's “the one that got away” - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs sign defensive tackle Xavier Williams - Arrowhead Addict
- AFC West champion Kansas City Chiefs in midst of roster overhaul - The Denver Post