Commissioner Roger Goodell said Thursday the NFL’s competition committee would consider in the offseason replacing the kickoff. The league previously had moved the kickoff from the 30- to 35-yard line to cut down on violent collisions.
Goodell and Rich McKay, the head of the league’s competition committee, discussed an idea brought up by Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano in which a team, instead of kicking off, would get the ball at its own 30-yard line in a fourth-and-15 situation. The team then would punt the ball away or, to replace an onside kick, could go for it and, if it failed to get a first down, the opposing squad would start with great field position.
- NFL defends Kansas City Chiefs player Husain Abdullah, penalized for Muslim ... - WJLA
- Why Isn't The Media Outraged About The Kansas City Chiefs? - The Federalist
- If Chiefs' defense keeps playing like this . . . - ESPN (blog)
- Week 4: New England Patriots vs. Kansas City Chiefs highlights - Yahoo Sports (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs player who committed 2012 murder-suicide had signs of ... - Fox News
- Jamaal Charles, Chiefs deal Patriots milestone blowout - ESPN
- Rapid Reaction: Kansas City Chiefs - ESPN (blog)