Commissioner Roger Goodell said Thursday the NFL’s competition committee would consider in the offseason replacing the kickoff. The league previously had moved the kickoff from the 30- to 35-yard line to cut down on violent collisions.
Goodell and Rich McKay, the head of the league’s competition committee, discussed an idea brought up by Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano in which a team, instead of kicking off, would get the ball at its own 30-yard line in a fourth-and-15 situation. The team then would punt the ball away or, to replace an onside kick, could go for it and, if it failed to get a first down, the opposing squad would start with great field position.
- Kansas City Chiefs Scouting Reports: Jaquiski Tartt - KC Kingdom
- New receiver Jeremy Maclin working to develop chemistry with Chiefs QB Alex ... - Kansas City Star
- 2015 NFL Mock Draft Roundup 4/25: Who might the Chiefs take at No. 18? - KCChiefs.com
- Kansas City Chiefs exercise Dontari Poe's 2016 option - NFL.com
- Kansas City Chiefs GM sees 10-12 impact players in the 2015 NFL Draft - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Mike Mayock thinks Kansas City Chiefs will pass on receiver, look at these two ... - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Dwayne Bowe, A Former Chief, Flies To Kansas City For Fan's Funeral - NPR (blog)