Commissioner Roger Goodell said Thursday the NFL’s competition committee would consider in the offseason replacing the kickoff. The league previously had moved the kickoff from the 30- to 35-yard line to cut down on violent collisions.
Goodell and Rich McKay, the head of the league’s competition committee, discussed an idea brought up by Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano in which a team, instead of kicking off, would get the ball at its own 30-yard line in a fourth-and-15 situation. The team then would punt the ball away or, to replace an onside kick, could go for it and, if it failed to get a first down, the opposing squad would start with great field position.
- Kansas City Chiefs starting to face questions about their older players - FOXSports.com
- Where is the heart? - Arrowhead Addict
- Kansas City Chiefs TE Travis Kelce remains dedicated to his hometown of ... - cleveland.com (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs stock up, stock down through four games - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- 5 Bold Predictions For Chicago Bears vs. Kansas City Chiefs In NFL Week 5 - RantSports
- The Kansas City Chiefs offensive line is ranked higher than you think ... - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Bears vs. Chiefs 2015 picks and predictions: Kansas City big favorites despite ... - SB Nation