Commissioner Roger Goodell said Thursday the NFL’s competition committee would consider in the offseason replacing the kickoff. The league previously had moved the kickoff from the 30- to 35-yard line to cut down on violent collisions.
Goodell and Rich McKay, the head of the league’s competition committee, discussed an idea brought up by Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano in which a team, instead of kicking off, would get the ball at its own 30-yard line in a fourth-and-15 situation. The team then would punt the ball away or, to replace an onside kick, could go for it and, if it failed to get a first down, the opposing squad would start with great field position.
- Kansas City Chiefs: Full Position Breakdown and Depth-Chart Analysis at WR - Bleacher Report
- Miami Dolphins concerned about guard and Kansas City Chiefs could have an ... - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Andy Reid Considered Top Ten Coach - KC Kingdom
- Kansas City Chiefs 2015 Training Camp Profile: QB Aaron Murray - RantSports
- This is how Tamba Hali trains for the Kansas City Chiefs season - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Chapter Four: The Chiefs Address a "Need" - KCChiefs.com
- ESPN's future NFL power rankings have Kansas City Chiefs in the top 10 - Arrowhead Pride (blog)