Commissioner Roger Goodell said Thursday the NFL’s competition committee would consider in the offseason replacing the kickoff. The league previously had moved the kickoff from the 30- to 35-yard line to cut down on violent collisions.
Goodell and Rich McKay, the head of the league’s competition committee, discussed an idea brought up by Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano in which a team, instead of kicking off, would get the ball at its own 30-yard line in a fourth-and-15 situation. The team then would punt the ball away or, to replace an onside kick, could go for it and, if it failed to get a first down, the opposing squad would start with great field position.
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
- Coby Fleener could make a perfect target for Kansas City Chiefs - Arrowhead Addict
- Blitz Package podcast: An overview of the Kansas City Chiefs defense - Arrowhead Addict
- Kansas City Chiefs: Way Too Early 2018 NFL Mock Draft - KC Kingdom
- Chiefs' playoff collapse was mentioned by Patriots coach during their win over Titans - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Patriots-Titans sideline footage: Josh McDaniels tells players not to ... - Pats Pulpit
- Chiefs 2018 free agents: Is Dustin Colquitt coming back for a 14th season? - Arrowhead Pride (blog)