Commissioner Roger Goodell said Thursday the NFL’s competition committee would consider in the offseason replacing the kickoff. The league previously had moved the kickoff from the 30- to 35-yard line to cut down on violent collisions.
Goodell and Rich McKay, the head of the league’s competition committee, discussed an idea brought up by Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano in which a team, instead of kicking off, would get the ball at its own 30-yard line in a fourth-and-15 situation. The team then would punt the ball away or, to replace an onside kick, could go for it and, if it failed to get a first down, the opposing squad would start with great field position.
- Jamaal Charles dedicates Chiefs-Broncos game to drowning victim in Savannah ... - Kansas City Star
- Sports Notebook: Reid, Kansas City Chiefs brace for first-place showdown with ... - Glendale News Press
- Why we care about Eric Berry and the Kansas City Chiefs - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- How the Kansas City Chiefs plan to replace Eric Berry - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Denver Broncos Vs. Kansas City Chiefs 2014: Prediction, Betting Odds, Preview ... - International Business Times
- Kansas City Chiefs' Eric Berry has an entire city (and more) behind him - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Chiefs Annouce Roster Moves - KCChiefs.com