Commissioner Roger Goodell said Thursday the NFL’s competition committee would consider in the offseason replacing the kickoff. The league previously had moved the kickoff from the 30- to 35-yard line to cut down on violent collisions.
Goodell and Rich McKay, the head of the league’s competition committee, discussed an idea brought up by Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano in which a team, instead of kicking off, would get the ball at its own 30-yard line in a fourth-and-15 situation. The team then would punt the ball away or, to replace an onside kick, could go for it and, if it failed to get a first down, the opposing squad would start with great field position.
- 2015 NFL Mock Draft: Kansas City Chiefs Take WR Dorial Green-Beckham - NFL Spin Zone
- Kansas City Chiefs Scouting Report: Nelson Agholor - KC Kingdom
- NFL Draft 2015: Kansas City Chiefs Team Needs - With The First Pick
- Mel Kiper calls Kansas City Chiefs 'perfect fit' for Marcus Mariota - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs cheerleader-turned-MMA fighter: Houston Texans ... - FOXSports.com
- John Dorsey says Chiefs are giving Donald Stephenson 'a clean slate' - Kansas City Star
- Jeremy Maclin says signing with Kansas City Chiefs over Eagles wasn't about ... - NJ.com