Commissioner Roger Goodell said Thursday the NFL’s competition committee would consider in the offseason replacing the kickoff. The league previously had moved the kickoff from the 30- to 35-yard line to cut down on violent collisions.
Goodell and Rich McKay, the head of the league’s competition committee, discussed an idea brought up by Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano in which a team, instead of kicking off, would get the ball at its own 30-yard line in a fourth-and-15 situation. The team then would punt the ball away or, to replace an onside kick, could go for it and, if it failed to get a first down, the opposing squad would start with great field position.
- Now four years in, Chiefs quarterback Tyler Bray eager to prove ... - Kansas City Star
- Chiefs 7-Round Mock Draft: Post-Super Bowl edition - FanRag Sports (blog)
- 2017 NFL Draft Kansas City Chiefs Scouting Report: Sidney Jones - KC Kingdom
- 2017 NFL Mock Draft: KC Chiefs Go Best Available in Every Round - KC Kingdom
- 2017 NFL Draft KC Chiefs Scouting Report: Corey Davis - KC Kingdom
- Kansas City Chiefs Quarterback Dilemma: Alex Smith Vs Jimmy ... - KC Kingdom
- Kansas City Chiefs: Potential Backup Quarterbacks for 2017 Season - KC Kingdom