Commissioner Roger Goodell said Thursday the NFL’s competition committee would consider in the offseason replacing the kickoff. The league previously had moved the kickoff from the 30- to 35-yard line to cut down on violent collisions.
Goodell and Rich McKay, the head of the league’s competition committee, discussed an idea brought up by Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Greg Schiano in which a team, instead of kicking off, would get the ball at its own 30-yard line in a fourth-and-15 situation. The team then would punt the ball away or, to replace an onside kick, could go for it and, if it failed to get a first down, the opposing squad would start with great field position.
- 2017 NFL Draft Kansas City Chiefs Scouting Report: Greg Mabin - KC Kingdom
- Kansas City Chiefs trade idea: Vikings QB Teddy Bridgewater - Arrowhead Addict
- Editorial: Chiefs parking will cost us how much? - Kansas City Star
- 2017 NFL Draft preview: Time, TV, best picks for the Chiefs, position rankings, more - Kansas City Star
- Peter King's mock draft gives Chiefs their quarterback - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs considered longshots by Vegas to sign Adrian ... - Arrowhead Addict
- No more Skittles for Charcandrick West, Kansas City Chiefs candy ... - ESPN (blog)