"Shortly after making the trade that would come to define his time as general manager of the Chiefs, Scott Pioli began telling friends he wasn’t sure how good Matt Cassel would be as a starting NFL quarterback.
“But I know he’ll work like a great one,” Pioli said.
In that way, Cassel has lived up to his side of the deal. He has been promoted and paid like good starter, and it turns out he has the ability of a good backup. The gap is not because of a lack of effort, or caring. That’s not his fault. Neither is his tie to Pioli."
- Kansas City Chiefs RBs are thriving even without Jamaal Charles - FOXSports.com
- Why Was Chiefs FB Anthony Sherman Playing Safety? - KCChiefs.com
- With the support of Chiefs' 'family,' Eric Berry back to being himself - Kansas City Star
- Five reasons the Chiefs will make the playoffs - ESPN (blog)
- Red Coaters serve Kansas City Chiefs and the community - Kansas City Star
- Patience, blocking finally pay off for Chiefs running back Spencer Ware - Kansas City Star
- Chiefs would be in playoffs if season ended now - ESPN (blog)