"Shortly after making the trade that would come to define his time as general manager of the Chiefs, Scott Pioli began telling friends he wasn’t sure how good Matt Cassel would be as a starting NFL quarterback.
“But I know he’ll work like a great one,” Pioli said.
In that way, Cassel has lived up to his side of the deal. He has been promoted and paid like good starter, and it turns out he has the ability of a good backup. The gap is not because of a lack of effort, or caring. That’s not his fault. Neither is his tie to Pioli."
- Kansas City Chiefs latest to make bid for NFL draft - UPI.com
- How Spanish-speaking broadcasters teach KC's Hispanic population about Chiefs, football - Kansas City Star
- Judge declares mistrial in lawsuit against Chiefs - fox4kc.com
- This block by Chiefs tackle Mitchell Schwartz was beautifully disrespectful - SB Nation
- Tony Romo to call a Chiefs game in his CBS broadcasting debut - Kansas City Star
- Game film of Patrick Mahomes' preseason debut reveals an encouraging incomplete pass - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Patrick Mahomes' vision on the move is special, plus more Chiefs quarterback notes - Kansas City Star (blog)