"Shortly after making the trade that would come to define his time as general manager of the Chiefs, Scott Pioli began telling friends he wasn’t sure how good Matt Cassel would be as a starting NFL quarterback.
“But I know he’ll work like a great one,” Pioli said.
In that way, Cassel has lived up to his side of the deal. He has been promoted and paid like good starter, and it turns out he has the ability of a good backup. The gap is not because of a lack of effort, or caring. That’s not his fault. Neither is his tie to Pioli."
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
- Alex Smith says Chiefs will welcome Marcus Peters back - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- The Chiefs had their backs to the wall, and they responded - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Chiefs finally bring end to their cycle of misery, regain early mojo in time for playoff push - USA TODAY
- Chargers eager for what's next: Kansas City - The San Diego Union-Tribune
- WATCH: Kansas City Chiefs edge out Oakland Raiders, 26-15 - CBS sports.com (blog)
- Raiders fans livid about team's effort in loss to Chiefs - Kansas City Star (blog)