"Shortly after making the trade that would come to define his time as general manager of the Chiefs, Scott Pioli began telling friends he wasn’t sure how good Matt Cassel would be as a starting NFL quarterback.
“But I know he’ll work like a great one,” Pioli said.
In that way, Cassel has lived up to his side of the deal. He has been promoted and paid like good starter, and it turns out he has the ability of a good backup. The gap is not because of a lack of effort, or caring. That’s not his fault. Neither is his tie to Pioli."
- Travis Kelce Has Earned Opportunity to Start for the Kansas City Chiefs - Bleacher Report
- One projection not so high on Kansas City Chiefs' Dee Ford in 2014 - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Charles, Bowe, Berry out for practice - ESPN (blog)
- Not all bad: The good parts of the Kansas City Chiefs loss to the Carolina ... - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Buying and selling the Kansas City Chiefs: Preseason edition - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Chiefs have to stick by Eric Fisher - ESPN (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs vs. Carolina Panthers: Report Card for Each Chiefs Unit - Bleacher Report