"Shortly after making the trade that would come to define his time as general manager of the Chiefs, Scott Pioli began telling friends he wasn’t sure how good Matt Cassel would be as a starting NFL quarterback.
“But I know he’ll work like a great one,” Pioli said.
In that way, Cassel has lived up to his side of the deal. He has been promoted and paid like good starter, and it turns out he has the ability of a good backup. The gap is not because of a lack of effort, or caring. That’s not his fault. Neither is his tie to Pioli."
- NFL Draft trade rumor: Chiefs tried to move up for Laquon Treadwell, receiver in round two? - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Did Chiefs' tampering penalty cost them shot at QB Paxton Lynch? - ESPN (blog)
- Chiefs have plenty of second-round options after trade with 49ers - ESPN (blog)
- The Chiefs turned the NFL Draft into the feeling of being stood up on a first date - Kansas City Star (blog)
- NFL Draft's best remaining players for Chiefs include Myles Jack, Mackensie Alexander - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Oregon State's Kyle Peko enjoyed Chiefs visit - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs Scouting Report: Deion Jones - KC Kingdom