"Shortly after making the trade that would come to define his time as general manager of the Chiefs, Scott Pioli began telling friends he wasn’t sure how good Matt Cassel would be as a starting NFL quarterback.
“But I know he’ll work like a great one,” Pioli said.
In that way, Cassel has lived up to his side of the deal. He has been promoted and paid like good starter, and it turns out he has the ability of a good backup. The gap is not because of a lack of effort, or caring. That’s not his fault. Neither is his tie to Pioli."
- Chiefs expecting even more from Tyreek Hill this season - ESPN (blog)
- Locked on Chiefs: Draft plan for linebacker corps - Arrowhead Addict
- Dontari Poe leaving the Chiefs most surprising AFC West move - ESPN (blog)
- Chiefs find early success in St. Louis market | NFL | stltoday.com - STLtoday.com
- Andy Reid, John Dorsey want to help Chiefs contend in 2017 and beyond - Kansas City Star
- Chiefs schedule free-agent visit with linebacker Rey Maualuga - Kansas City Star
- Raiders' move to Las Vegas will likely increase rivalry with Chiefs - ESPN (blog)