"Shortly after making the trade that would come to define his time as general manager of the Chiefs, Scott Pioli began telling friends he wasn’t sure how good Matt Cassel would be as a starting NFL quarterback.
“But I know he’ll work like a great one,” Pioli said.
In that way, Cassel has lived up to his side of the deal. He has been promoted and paid like good starter, and it turns out he has the ability of a good backup. The gap is not because of a lack of effort, or caring. That’s not his fault. Neither is his tie to Pioli."
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated
- Rating the top running backs in the 2018 NFL Draft, with an eye on the Chiefs' needs - Kansas City Star
- Kansas City Chiefs Draft preview: Cornerback first, everything else later - Arrowhead Addict
- Cheers and Jeers: draft prospects the Chiefs should avoid, a round-one rooting guide - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- 'It was unbelievable.' Lorenzo Cain on being swarmed by fans at Chiefs game at Dallas - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs: Will the Broncos change the AFC West in the first round - KC Kingdom
- The Star's seven-round Kansas City Chiefs NFL draft projection, version 3.0 - Kansas City Star