"Shortly after making the trade that would come to define his time as general manager of the Chiefs, Scott Pioli began telling friends he wasn’t sure how good Matt Cassel would be as a starting NFL quarterback.
“But I know he’ll work like a great one,” Pioli said.
In that way, Cassel has lived up to his side of the deal. He has been promoted and paid like good starter, and it turns out he has the ability of a good backup. The gap is not because of a lack of effort, or caring. That’s not his fault. Neither is his tie to Pioli."
- Chiefs must improve gap discipline to solve run defense issues - Kansas City Star
- Head Coach Jack Del Rio Talks Kansas City Chiefs - Raiders.com
- Clunker reminds that supporting cast is vital to Alex Smith's success - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Chiefs WR Demarcus Robinson film review: Maybe - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Running back CJ Spiller hoping his fourth time with Chiefs is a charm - ESPN (blog)
- Travis Kelce Living a Very Travis Kelce Life - Sports Illustrated
- No practice Tuesday for Chiefs' West, Wilson - Kansas City Star