"Shortly after making the trade that would come to define his time as general manager of the Chiefs, Scott Pioli began telling friends he wasn’t sure how good Matt Cassel would be as a starting NFL quarterback.
“But I know he’ll work like a great one,” Pioli said.
In that way, Cassel has lived up to his side of the deal. He has been promoted and paid like good starter, and it turns out he has the ability of a good backup. The gap is not because of a lack of effort, or caring. That’s not his fault. Neither is his tie to Pioli."
- Is Alex Smith Really Holding Back the Kansas City Chiefs? - numberFire
- Chiefs rookie CBs look at Marcus Peters with a measure of awe - ESPN (blog)
- Chiefs counting on continuity to improve offensive output - Kansas City Star
- Dontari Poe, all 346 pounds of him, tackles yoga along with some Chiefs teammates - Kansas City Star
- Tyler Bray opens offseason practice as the Chiefs' No. 2 quarterback - ESPN (blog)
- Chiefs' Steven Nelson seeks to make statement in secondary - Kansas City Star
- Kansas City Chiefs OTAs start Tuesday - KCTV Kansas City