"Shortly after making the trade that would come to define his time as general manager of the Chiefs, Scott Pioli began telling friends he wasn’t sure how good Matt Cassel would be as a starting NFL quarterback.
“But I know he’ll work like a great one,” Pioli said.
In that way, Cassel has lived up to his side of the deal. He has been promoted and paid like good starter, and it turns out he has the ability of a good backup. The gap is not because of a lack of effort, or caring. That’s not his fault. Neither is his tie to Pioli."
- Chiefs receiver Jeremy Maclin determined to bounce back in 2017 - Kansas City Star
- Five players watch Chiefs' first offseason practice - Kansas City Star
- C.J. Spiller is optimistic about revitalizing career with Chiefs - Kansas City Star
- NFL to allow more celebrations and Chiefs' Chris Jones is polishing his moves - Kansas City Star
- Kansas City Chiefs: What's left at inside linebacker? - NFL Spin Zone
- Alex Smith clarifies comment about Chiefs being committed to him 'through this year' - Kansas City Star
- Peters, Houston, Berry not at Chiefs' OTAs - ESPN