Jamaal Charles feels “a lot more comfortable” with offensive line
Posted by Josh Alper on June 15, 2015, 7:22 AM EDT
Getty ImagesIn April, Chiefs running back Jamaal Charlessaid that he “definitely” wanted the Chiefs toaddress their offensive line in the draft because of how “crucial” blockers are to his ability to succeed.
The Chiefs drafted center Mitch Morse in the second round, but didn’t otherwise load up on offensive linemen during the process. That left them with largely the same line as they had when Charles said he was looking for upgrades, but the Read more…
Chiefs linebacker Justin Houston does not have a contract, has not signed the franchise tag and did not attend this week’s minicamp. But coach Andy Reid is still optimistic he’ll see Houston at training camp. “Whether he’s here or not, that just depends on how things go,” Reid said, via the Kansas City Star. “So…
By Darin Gantt
Football’s a frivolous enough pursuit that we can sometimes duck into it and find a moment of refuge from tragedy. But it’s also a small enough world that it can’t escape that tragedy, either. Chiefs safety Sanders Commings knows first hand this week, as his cousin was one of the nine people murdered in a…
We ended with the same o-line as we started OTA’s LT Eric Fisher, LG Ben Grubbs, C Eric Kush, RG Jeff Allen and RT Allen Stephenson.
Also Touchdowns today Alex hit Conley deep on a seam route. then got one zipped between 2 defenders to Maclin for the TD and finally an over the shoulder deep to Maclin Read more…
Lots of changes this off season.
Bowe is gone. Maclin is in.
The O-line has been fortified with Fanika and Grubbs.
We drafted Chris Conley who seems to have made a splash in OTAs.
Hudson is gone.
Fisher remains a bit of a question mark.
Justin Houston also appears to be a question mark. Will a deal get done by July 15? If not, will he report for game one or will he hold out–possibly until week 10? If he holds out for a while can Dee Ford and Tamba Hali pick up the slack?
With the addition Read more…
By Mike Florio
Sure, receiver Dwayne Bowe underachieved after signing a market-value contract in Kansas City. Yeah, he missed the first game of the 2014 season due to an off-field incident involving a leafy substance the NFL inexplicably still cares about. Right, he enters 2015 needing only one touchdown reception to exceed his total from last season. Regardless…
- Justin Houston mythbusting: How much help did the Kansas City Chiefs LB have? - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs GM John Dorsey to receive service award - FOXSports.com
- ESPN's future NFL power rankings have Kansas City Chiefs in the top 10 - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs kicker Cairo Santos continues to hone craft in Daytona Beach - Daytona Beach News-Journal
- Rival Report: The Kansas City Chiefs - Chargers.com
- Most indispensable member of the Kansas City Chiefs? It's Jeremy Maclin -- and ... - FOXSports.com
- Should Kansas City Chiefs use a pick in the 2015 Supplemental Draft? - Arrowhead Pride (blog)