Carolina Panthers (3-8)
Sunday, December 2, 12:00PM Central Time
Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, KS
"Shortly after making the trade that would come to define his time as general manager of the Chiefs, Scott Pioli began telling friends he wasn’t sure how good Matt Cassel would be as a starting NFL quarterback.
“But I know he’ll work like a great one,” Pioli said.
In that way, Cassel has lived up to his side of the deal. He has been promoted and paid like good starter, and it turns out he has the ability of a good backup. The gap is not because of a lack of effort, or caring. That’s not his fault. Neither is his tie to Pioli."
I didn’t know he got one
KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning received a concussion test during his team’s 17-9 victory Sunday against Kansas City. Manning took a blow to the head while throwing a touchdown pass to tight end Jacob Tamme with 18 seconds left in the first half. After Manning threw, Chiefs defensive lineman Tyson Jackson reached the quarterback and knocked him to the ground.
As Manning fell, the back of his helmet slammed against the turf. He got up holding the back of his head with his right hand as right guard Chris Kuper checked on him.
Read more: Broncos’ Peyton Manning passes concussion test – The Denver Post Broncos’ Peyton Manning passes concussion test – The Denver Post
The summary is he groups quarterbacks into 4 tiers. The top 2 tiers pretty much consist of the best quarterbacks in the league. Tier 3 he describes as "good enough to not get replaced" and tier 4 is the Brady Quinn’s of the world.
Of the 13 QBs in the top 2 tiers, 11 of them were first round draft picks. The only two were Drew Brees (1st pick in the 2nd round) and Matt Schaub (3rd round).
The Chiefs, in order to maximize their chances of getting a QBOTF (a tier1/tier2 guy) need to take a QB in the first round.
- Chiefs TE Travis Kelce does “Hit the Quan” dance after touchdown - fox4kc.com
- The Unkillable Kansas City Chiefs - RollingStone.com
- The Kansas City Chiefs have somehow got better without Jamaal Charles - FOXSports.com
- Chiefs notes: Cool, rainy day didn't affect Cairo Santos' kicks - Kansas City Star
- Chiefs Blitz: Q&A about Sunday's 30-22 win over Buffalo - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Next man up got Chiefs offensive line through victory - Kansas City Star
- Photos: Buffalo Bills at Kansas City Chiefs - Rochester Democrat and Chronicle