As horrible as the Chiefs offense has been this season, they still have a defense ranked #15 in the league. Pair that defense with an offense that can control the clock and keep them fresh, and Chiefs would have a top 10 or even top 5 defense. The offensive line ranks in the top 5. The Chiefs have the 4th best rushing attack. They have 2 first round picks at WR along with Breaston, McCluster, and a great pass catching TE in Moeaki. This team as an above average special teams unit as well.
The Chiefs, as a full unit, have fewer holes on their team than the perennial Super Bowl contenders. So, what are we missing? We can sit here and blame coaching until we’re blue in the face, but the point of the matter is that this team won’t be able to do anything until they address the most important position on the team. No coaching staff will have a chance at success as long as Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn are under center.
If you don’t believe me, go watch the Steelers being led by Charlie Batch. They’re AWFUL. They look a lot like Chiefs, in fact.
Carolina Panthers (3-8)
Sunday, December 2, 12:00PM Central Time
Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, KS
"Shortly after making the trade that would come to define his time as general manager of the Chiefs, Scott Pioli began telling friends he wasn’t sure how good Matt Cassel would be as a starting NFL quarterback.
“But I know he’ll work like a great one,” Pioli said.
In that way, Cassel has lived up to his side of the deal. He has been promoted and paid like good starter, and it turns out he has the ability of a good backup. The gap is not because of a lack of effort, or caring. That’s not his fault. Neither is his tie to Pioli."
- Kansas City Chiefs: 148th Ranked Fan Base In Fandom 250 - KC Kingdom
- Team could become a top-seeded team with a win this week - RollingStone.com
- NFL Week 14 picks: Raiders stun the Chiefs, Cowboys crush the Giants - CBSSports.com
- Raiders opponent outlook: Kansas City Chiefs - The Mercury News
- Perfect attendance for Chiefs' practice on Monday - Kansas City Star
- Make your tailgating plans: Arrowhead parking lots to open early for Chiefs-Raiders - Kansas City Star
- Have the Chiefs tapped into the Royals' never-die attitude? - Kansas City Star (blog)