"1. Attention, fantasy owners: Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe (groin) was added to the injury report during the week and is questionable to play against the San Diego Chargers. Wideout Steve Breaston (knee) also is questionable. Both sound somewhat likely to play. That’s not true for Chiefs backup running back Peyton Hillis (ankle, doubtful) and tight end Kevin Boss (head, out.)"
"Chiefs OLB Justin Houston’s 9.5 sacks since Week 13 of last season are tied with Jared Allen and DeMarcus Ware for the NFL lead.
It’s obviously heady company. Houston already has four sacks this season after taking down Drew Brees three times last week. "Physically, he’s an absolute freak," teammate Tamba Hali said. "I think Justin is learning how to go about the technique. … The kid is good."
Other injury news:
Hudson is out for the season with a broken leg (see other threads).
Hillis is still in a walking boot.
Breaston is banged up with a knee injury.
Jacques Reeves was put on IR for what I think was a hamstring injury.
- Kansas City Chiefs start camp without Eric Berry, Jamaal Charles, Justin Houston - UPI.com
- Kansas City Chiefs: Training Camp Recap Day One - KC Kingdom
- Chiefs receiver Mike Williams feels primed for redemptive year - Kansas City Star
- Are the Kansas City Chiefs the safest pick to win the AFC West? - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs: Five Toughest Defenses to Face in 2016 - KC Kingdom
- Kansas City Chiefs' backup QBs Aaron Murray, Tyler Bray and Kevin Hogan are set to compete - FOXSports.com
- Chiefs linebacker Justin Houston will sit out training camp in St. Joseph - Kansas City Star