Cleveland Browns (4-8)
Sunday, December 9, 12:00PM Central Time
Cleveland Browns Stadium, Cleveland, OH
His numbers didnt seem that impressive, other than only missing 4 passes, but I didnt watch the game.
On a side note, Jamaal Charles was nominated for Fedex ground player of the week, but lost to AP.
I really like the point he makes about Geno Smith/Matt Ryan. I completely forgot that Ryan wasn’t viewed as a can’t miss prospect. That’s part of the reason Parcells drafted Jake Long first overall instead of Ryan.
Good afternoon Chiefs fans! Good luck this week!
The best QB this year is Matt Ryan, adding 4.49 wins to his team. This number will likely go up as more games are played. For instance, last year Tom Brady added 7.91 wins to his team, Brees 6.91.
This year, Matt Cassel has a WPA of -1.12 and Quinn a WPA of -0.43. This means our QBs have cost us 1.5 wins. That is an atrocious number.
If we have a quarterback in there that has a WPA of 3, that’s a swing of 4.5 wins and thus we are sitting as a 6 or 7 win team (2 + 4.5 = 6.5…hence why I said 6 or 7). This is all theoretical, but I’m just trying to display the power a good QB can have on this team.
The best Linebacker in terms of WPA, Lawrence Timmons of the Steelers, has a WPA of 1.83. If we took Te’o and automatically assume he becomes the best linebacker in the league in terms of WPA (which is very very very unlikely), then we’d assume we’d have 2 more wins roughly. He would basically offset the 1.55 wins that our QBs have cost us. We’re still a 4-8 team.
If Geno Smith turned into just Russell Wilson, who has a WPA of 1.91, then this team has added the negative 1.55 wins that Cassel and Quinn are responsible for and another 1.91 wins from a better quarterback. So 3.46 wins. That puts us at 5-7 or 6-6. If Geno Smith turned into something more, then we’re sitting even prettier.
What am I trying to get at? It’s evident from this that QB is the weakest position on the team, so bad that they’ve actually cost the team 1.55 wins. And by the way if you think Alex Smith is the answer, his WPA last year was 0.60 and this year 0.89. No thanks.
- Kansas City Chiefs turning over every rock, including those in Canada - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- 2016 NFL offseason: Kansas City Chiefs' needs - FanSided
- Does free agent Riley Cooper interest the Kansas City Chiefs receivers? - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Chiefs can create more salary cap space with tough decisions on Eric Fisher, Jamaal Charles - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- West and Ware Changed the Culture of the Chiefs in '15 Under Charles' Watch - KCChiefs.com
- If I were Kansas City Chiefs GM John Dorsey: A 3-step plan - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs 2016 offensive line has more questions than answers - Arrowhead Pride (blog)