Cleveland Browns (4-8)
Sunday, December 9, 12:00PM Central Time
Cleveland Browns Stadium, Cleveland, OH
His numbers didnt seem that impressive, other than only missing 4 passes, but I didnt watch the game.
On a side note, Jamaal Charles was nominated for Fedex ground player of the week, but lost to AP.
I really like the point he makes about Geno Smith/Matt Ryan. I completely forgot that Ryan wasn’t viewed as a can’t miss prospect. That’s part of the reason Parcells drafted Jake Long first overall instead of Ryan.
Good afternoon Chiefs fans! Good luck this week!
The best QB this year is Matt Ryan, adding 4.49 wins to his team. This number will likely go up as more games are played. For instance, last year Tom Brady added 7.91 wins to his team, Brees 6.91.
This year, Matt Cassel has a WPA of -1.12 and Quinn a WPA of -0.43. This means our QBs have cost us 1.5 wins. That is an atrocious number.
If we have a quarterback in there that has a WPA of 3, that’s a swing of 4.5 wins and thus we are sitting as a 6 or 7 win team (2 + 4.5 = 6.5…hence why I said 6 or 7). This is all theoretical, but I’m just trying to display the power a good QB can have on this team.
The best Linebacker in terms of WPA, Lawrence Timmons of the Steelers, has a WPA of 1.83. If we took Te’o and automatically assume he becomes the best linebacker in the league in terms of WPA (which is very very very unlikely), then we’d assume we’d have 2 more wins roughly. He would basically offset the 1.55 wins that our QBs have cost us. We’re still a 4-8 team.
If Geno Smith turned into just Russell Wilson, who has a WPA of 1.91, then this team has added the negative 1.55 wins that Cassel and Quinn are responsible for and another 1.91 wins from a better quarterback. So 3.46 wins. That puts us at 5-7 or 6-6. If Geno Smith turned into something more, then we’re sitting even prettier.
What am I trying to get at? It’s evident from this that QB is the weakest position on the team, so bad that they’ve actually cost the team 1.55 wins. And by the way if you think Alex Smith is the answer, his WPA last year was 0.60 and this year 0.89. No thanks.
- Chiefs prepare for life without Derrick Johnson, for this season at least - Kansas City Star
- Quote Sheet: Kansas City Chiefs 21 Oakland Raiders 13 - Raiders.com
- Chiefs' Andy Reid downplays Jack Del Rio's icy staredown, says the two are 'good friends' - Kansas City Star
- Raiders fans wonder if key Derek Carr pass against Chiefs hit TV wire above the field - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Don't miss the real story about the Kansas City Chiefs - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Raiders punter Marquette King fires back at Chiefs' Travis Kelce - Kansas City Star (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs KO Oakland Raiders, seize control of AFC West ... - UPI.com