As horrible as the Chiefs offense has been this season, they still have a defense ranked #15 in the league. Pair that defense with an offense that can control the clock and keep them fresh, and Chiefs would have a top 10 or even top 5 defense. The offensive line ranks in the top 5. The Chiefs have the 4th best rushing attack. They have 2 first round picks at WR along with Breaston, McCluster, and a great pass catching TE in Moeaki. This team as an above average special teams unit as well.
The Chiefs, as a full unit, have fewer holes on their team than the perennial Super Bowl contenders. So, what are we missing? We can sit here and blame coaching until we’re blue in the face, but the point of the matter is that this team won’t be able to do anything until they address the most important position on the team. No coaching staff will have a chance at success as long as Matt Cassel and Brady Quinn are under center.
If you don’t believe me, go watch the Steelers being led by Charlie Batch. They’re AWFUL. They look a lot like Chiefs, in fact.
Carolina Panthers (3-8)
Sunday, December 2, 12:00PM Central Time
Arrowhead Stadium, Kansas City, KS
- Chiefs prepare for life without Derrick Johnson, for this season at least - Kansas City Star
- Quote Sheet: Kansas City Chiefs 21 Oakland Raiders 13 - Raiders.com
- OSU Sports Extra - Kansas City Chiefs' Tyreek Hill and the NFL's ... - Tulsa World
- Chiefs' Andy Reid downplays Jack Del Rio's icy staredown, says the two are 'good friends' - Kansas City Star
- Chiefs suddenly have some possibilities on offense - ESPN (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs KO Oakland Raiders, seize control of AFC West ... - UPI.com
- Kansas City Chiefs Jump to Top of AFC West After Win Over Raiders - New York Times