"1. Attention, fantasy owners: Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe (groin) was added to the injury report during the week and is questionable to play against the San Diego Chargers. Wideout Steve Breaston (knee) also is questionable. Both sound somewhat likely to play. That’s not true for Chiefs backup running back Peyton Hillis (ankle, doubtful) and tight end Kevin Boss (head, out.)"
"Chiefs OLB Justin Houston’s 9.5 sacks since Week 13 of last season are tied with Jared Allen and DeMarcus Ware for the NFL lead.
It’s obviously heady company. Houston already has four sacks this season after taking down Drew Brees three times last week. "Physically, he’s an absolute freak," teammate Tamba Hali said. "I think Justin is learning how to go about the technique. … The kid is good."
Other injury news:
Hudson is out for the season with a broken leg (see other threads).
Hillis is still in a walking boot.
Breaston is banged up with a knee injury.
Jacques Reeves was put on IR for what I think was a hamstring injury.
- Kansas City Chiefs Capsule - USA TODAY
- Houston Will Repay Chiefs Faith as Perennial All Pro - Bleacher Report
- Kansas City Chiefs preseason capsule - News-Press Now
- Chiefs to Kick Off 2015 Season with Red Thursday Celebration on Day of Home Opener - KCChiefs.com
- Top 5 Headlines 7/27: Jamaal Charles gives a great speech at the Special Olympics - KCChiefs.com
- Chiefs Positional Guide to Training Camp - KCChiefs.com
- Kansas City Chiefs 2015 training-camp roster, with analysis for each position ... - Kansas City Star