"1. Attention, fantasy owners: Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe (groin) was added to the injury report during the week and is questionable to play against the San Diego Chargers. Wideout Steve Breaston (knee) also is questionable. Both sound somewhat likely to play. That’s not true for Chiefs backup running back Peyton Hillis (ankle, doubtful) and tight end Kevin Boss (head, out.)"
"Chiefs OLB Justin Houston’s 9.5 sacks since Week 13 of last season are tied with Jared Allen and DeMarcus Ware for the NFL lead.
It’s obviously heady company. Houston already has four sacks this season after taking down Drew Brees three times last week. "Physically, he’s an absolute freak," teammate Tamba Hali said. "I think Justin is learning how to go about the technique. … The kid is good."
Other injury news:
Hudson is out for the season with a broken leg (see other threads).
Hillis is still in a walking boot.
Breaston is banged up with a knee injury.
Jacques Reeves was put on IR for what I think was a hamstring injury.
- Chiefs second-year quarterback Aaron Murray ready to absorb pro game - Kansas City Star
- Kansas City Chiefs 2015 Training Camp Profile: CB Marcus Peters - RantSports
- Here's a 'fair contract' prediction for Justin Houston and the Kansas City Chiefs - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs GM John Dorsey to receive service award - FOXSports.com
- ESPN's future NFL power rankings have Kansas City Chiefs in the top 10 - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Kansas City Chiefs kicker Cairo Santos continues to hone craft in Daytona Beach - Daytona Beach News-Journal
- Rival Report: The Kansas City Chiefs - Chargers.com