"1. Attention, fantasy owners: Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe (groin) was added to the injury report during the week and is questionable to play against the San Diego Chargers. Wideout Steve Breaston (knee) also is questionable. Both sound somewhat likely to play. That’s not true for Chiefs backup running back Peyton Hillis (ankle, doubtful) and tight end Kevin Boss (head, out.)"
"Chiefs OLB Justin Houston’s 9.5 sacks since Week 13 of last season are tied with Jared Allen and DeMarcus Ware for the NFL lead.
It’s obviously heady company. Houston already has four sacks this season after taking down Drew Brees three times last week. "Physically, he’s an absolute freak," teammate Tamba Hali said. "I think Justin is learning how to go about the technique. … The kid is good."
Other injury news:
Hudson is out for the season with a broken leg (see other threads).
Hillis is still in a walking boot.
Breaston is banged up with a knee injury.
Jacques Reeves was put on IR for what I think was a hamstring injury.
- VIDEO: Kansas City Chiefs hold first full squad workout in St. Joseph - KSHB
- Photo gallery: KC Chiefs Fans Attend Practice in St. Joe - Kansas City Star
- San Diego Chargers Scouting Report: Kansas City Chiefs - NFL Spin Zone
- Kansas City Chiefs veterans return to St. Joe for training camp - FOXSports.com
- Central Missouri running back asks for job with Chiefs, gets contract - ESPN (blog)
- The two sides to Kansas City Chiefs RB Knile Davis - Arrowhead Pride (blog)
- Top 5 Headlines 7/31: Chiefs are Dream Destination for Rookie TE - KCChiefs.com