"1. Attention, fantasy owners: Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Dwayne Bowe (groin) was added to the injury report during the week and is questionable to play against the San Diego Chargers. Wideout Steve Breaston (knee) also is questionable. Both sound somewhat likely to play. That’s not true for Chiefs backup running back Peyton Hillis (ankle, doubtful) and tight end Kevin Boss (head, out.)"
"Chiefs OLB Justin Houston’s 9.5 sacks since Week 13 of last season are tied with Jared Allen and DeMarcus Ware for the NFL lead.
It’s obviously heady company. Houston already has four sacks this season after taking down Drew Brees three times last week. "Physically, he’s an absolute freak," teammate Tamba Hali said. "I think Justin is learning how to go about the technique. … The kid is good."
Other injury news:
Hudson is out for the season with a broken leg (see other threads).
Hillis is still in a walking boot.
Breaston is banged up with a knee injury.
Jacques Reeves was put on IR for what I think was a hamstring injury.
Btw…title should say "has" not "had".
- Is Alex Smith Really Holding Back the Kansas City Chiefs? - numberFire
- Chiefs rookie CBs look at Marcus Peters with a measure of awe - ESPN (blog)
- Chiefs counting on continuity to improve offensive output - Kansas City Star
- Dontari Poe, all 346 pounds of him, tackles yoga along with some Chiefs teammates - Kansas City Star
- Tyler Bray opens offseason practice as the Chiefs' No. 2 quarterback - ESPN (blog)
- Chiefs' Steven Nelson seeks to make statement in secondary - Kansas City Star
- Kansas City Chiefs OTAs start Tuesday - KCTV Kansas City